Problem Windows Mixed Reality, stutter, lagging and hang/crash

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by lrystedt, Dec 30, 2017.

1. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have been running Raceroom silky smooth, good looking and really enjoyed every second driving in my Lenovo Explorer WMR with no crashes, stutter, lag. That is, until last week when it for some reason could start lagging like crazy, screen frozen and Raceroom .exe crashes.
    Been trying different SS in the startup argument, ingame graphic setting to no avail. When it acts like this any and all settings won't do anything to help the issue.
    Another time it works like before, smooth, no lag or stutter and with 25+(MP) cars in Nordschleife, just to have the problem return when I try next race and it doesn't seem to matter if I stays in server or exits and choosing another.
    Only thing I can be sure off is that if I continue driving with the lag it will hang, it has never done the opposite.
    And furthermore, the problems are occuring in both MP and SP with and without AI.

I have made no changes I can think off, no Windows, Nvidia or other driver updates and just this tuesday both I and My brother did hourlong stints, online with loads of others, offline with and without AI without a hitch.
    I doubt it is a fault to the headset in itself as it worked earlier this week and I have no problems at all in RF2 and AC.

My setup is i5 6600K 4.1Ghz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, NVidia 1060Gb, Win10 64, Raceroom on separate SSD drives.
    Any ideas and help would be welcome

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you set any SS-Level in Steam or anywhere else?
    Or maybe try to reinstall the nVidia-Driver...

3. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I was under the impression that the SS in SteamVR wasn't an issue for Raceroom. It is though at 1.2 in SteamVR.
    In the game argument I have "-vr 1.2 monitor" atm, and when it was working well I even had it at 1.5 without issues.
    Will try reinstall NVidia drivers later tonight

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, was the SS-setting in SteamVR before the Problem appeared?!

5. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I had the same setting in SteamVR and Raceroom. I did uninstall all NVidiva drivers and did a clean install and atleast for now it seems ok with a setting of 1.2 SS. Will check more tomorrow and thank you for the tip :)

6. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Without any changes since yesterday it ran nicely until just now, Nissan GT-R, Laguna Seca and 24 player race. Hung at start, before that practice and qualy had been flawless. I feel gutted :(