Problem Windows start menu locked

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by _Stu_, Mar 12, 2016.

1. _Stu_

_Stu_ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I've just recently upgraded to windows 10 and was in a practice session at Nurburgring using the RUF GT3.
    I was messing around trying to get my ffb just how I like it as it seemed a bit strong and was shaking my desk apart.
    However, after alt+tabbing out I noticed that the start menu is locked while the game is running so I couldn't access my Thrustmaster control panel.
    Any ideas?

2. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 does the same on my system. I suggest to start the control panel before starting the game, so it is accessible when pushing it in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  3. _Stu_

_Stu_ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, thanks mate I never thought of that ;)

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This sort of thing happens to me on Windows 7 too. Although only under specific circumstances. It usually only "locks" the taskbar when I alt+tab out of the game when I am in a session. Such as a race or practice session. If I alt+tab out from that scenario, I cant click any of the icons on my taskbar.

However, alt+tabbing out while at the main menu for instance, never poses this same issue. Kind of weird, but alt+tabbing has a storied history in ISI engine based games :p

5. _Stu_

_Stu_ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    yeah its weird, I never had this issue with win7 at all

6. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

I just wanna say that i have the same problem. Win10 Menu and Search are locked when i switch to desktop.