Resolved Wrong position of "Position Bar"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Frank25, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    If you toggle the "Position Bar", that it only shows the time differences to the cars before and behind, the position of the display is wrong. I have this bug since an update of R3E in summer 2014. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 / 60 Hz.

Attached Files:

2. HG Hansen

HG Hansen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Similar thing also happens when running with triple screens. The position bar gets very small and gets put in the left monitor only (in my case it's much smaller than in the screenshot above - impossible to read).

3. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    This bug still exists. Please resolve it. More than one year should be enough time...

4. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    This bug still exists after the last patch. Please resolve it.

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I can't reproduce this error on my computer, but one of my colleagues thinks he has spotted it on one of the other machines at some time. We'll see if we are able to reproduce it ourselves.

6. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I have this bug since an update of R3E in summer 2014. At that time I used a MSI Nvidia GTX 660, now I use a MSI Nvidia GTX 980 both in Fullscreen with Full HD 1920x1080 60 Hz with single monitor. I have also a new motherboard and CPU now, so this should not be a hardware issue.

7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Is it only the "Positions Only" mode of the position bar where this issue occurs? Or are the other modes also broken for you?

8. hector

hector New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have a vaguely similar setup but having checked last night I don't have this issue. (I usually have the names on)

9. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    It's only the one mode you can see in my picture, that only shows the time differences to the car before and behind. All the other modes, e.g. the mode that shows the names, are OK.

Attached Files:

10. hector

hector New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Frank, yes I usually use the 'name' mode but I tried the 'time difference' mode and it was ok.
    Sorry if this isn't much help to you, I just wanted to say that the problem is not affecting everyone.

11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    This is an unused setting that is not visibly available via Position Bar Settings. You can cycle to this "Car Ahead/Behind" mode if you bind a key to "Toggle Position Bar Settings".

We will add this setting to be visible so it can be easily selected and make sure that it appears correct. In the meantime please use one of the other position bar settings.

12. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The update of 20th october 2015 has fixed the problem.