WTCC 14 Cars Slow to Launch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuba, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Why are the WTCC cars (at least the 2014's) so slow to react to the clutch release and launch? I time the lights right, mash the accelerator, release the clutch and nothing happens for a second. I don't hear or feel any wheel spin, so it is as if it's taking a long time for the car to get into gear and launch. Meanwhile, 5 cars pass me as I'm standing still on the line :(. What could be causing the delay between my releasing the clutch and the car launching?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. gp2112

gp2112 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It depends upon your wheel (controller) profile, if I am not mistaken. I have the same issue with some cars and I found out that if I have the autoclutch on (for flappy-paddle gearboxes), I will get the same delay you will get...

In cars that actually have a manual, semi-auto or sequential gearbox.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the WTCC 2014 cars were are semi-auto or sequential gearboxes thus you had to use the clutch or you had to let off the gas to shift up and blip the throttle to shift down.

Anyway, I now have two controller profiles: One for flappy-paddle and one for H-shifter. If I am in a car that had an H-Shifter or a sequential/semi-auto I will use the H-shifter profile. If I do not want to do the lift-up/blip-down or heel-toe (it does slow down lap times when you do either) I will turn on the auto clutch.

This allows me to use the H-shifter without the clutch. I find this can make cars (like the DTM 1992 Opal) very fun to drive and it gets rid of the lag you mention: Pop the clutch on start and the car will rocket away...

As long as the wheel spin is kept under control.

Give it a shot, maybe it will work for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! I'm using the Fanatec CSW V2 with paddle shifters and auto-clutch on. I'll try messing with that to see if I can get it to react faster.