WTCC car setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atanas dimitrov, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Atanas dimitrov

Atanas dimitrov New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am new to the RR and i would like to start working on my car setup. how accurate is RR car setup compare to real life, as far as tires camber and ride height?
    is there a setup guide somewhere for the FWD cars,
    I get a lot rear end wobble during hard braking
    high speed corners rear end slide outs.
    is this roll bar issue or height or both?
    I have been sim racing for 2 years, and have experience with setup in iracing but for RWD and cars mostly.
    thank you

2. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    With FWD cars, always have a lil throttle in cornering, because the front control all the car un like a RWD.

If you loose the rear, Maybe balance the brake a little more to the front. Maybe up a lil the rear aero to (i only loose the rear in a hard braking when i have down the rear aero). You can also try to Down the rear heigh.

But before any setup, try to adapt YOUR drinving style to this car. All you do when driving an RWD are not a good thing with a FWD.
    With a FWD, when you loose the rear, do the same than a RWD, so counter-sterring BUT, don't release the Throttle because the front wheel going to slow the front of the car and the rear going to be faster, so, apply throttle. In fast cornering, full thottle and be very light with the steering wheel.

Down the rear ARB can help too, but really, try first to understand how the car react and just test to apply a litle more of throttle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1