WTCR driving guide (help)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, May 13, 2019.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +544 / 0
    Surely just the FX90's being hyped up! :rolleyes: Just wish my brain could keep up with such HP festooned animals, can manage the odd hot lap but to maintain breakneck speeds from lights out to the flag, just bamboozles my brain and over squeezes my sphincter. :eek: Young mans car, of course being the adolescent old git I am, I will buy them all, never know, my reflexes may just be temporarily dormant and about to burst back into life, right round the next corner. Then again I may just dive to the tunnel at the RR track and make music! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +544 / 0
    Practice keeping the revs up during initial braking, sounds dumb but tiz how it's done. Once you get the hang of it you'll be riverdancing your way around every track! ;)

3. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    A couple of tips that might help -

1) Brake in a straight line, sounds obvious but with no weight on that rear axle turning and braking in to high speed corners is a fast way to an accident.

2) Trail brake. Keeping a little throttle percentage on while you turn in will stabilise the car.

3) Soften off the rear ARB and / or stiffen the front ARB.

4) Make smoother transitions between your throttle and brake inputs. Aggressively accelerating and suddenly lifting off completely will make the car rotate unpredictably.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I've adjusted the Brake pressure forward. That helped me keep the Hyundai from spinning.