Xbow - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OverTheLine, Nov 25, 2016.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hey all

Just bought the Xbow as i wanted to try and win the competition. i always feel like it understeers at high speed corner exit..or is that just me? anyway is a great little car. reminds me allot of the caterhams that i used to drive on Rfactor 2. BTW if any of you readers did the 1:38's at zandvoort...please go back to whatever planet you came from as i reaaaly cant do that time :D...

what is everyones thoughts on the car though on a serious note? ive only ever driver caterhams so ive not really got much to compare it with.

cheers
    matt

2. WuWu

WuWu Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Driven it around some for a bit and initial impressions are good for me.

Not sure you need to compare it with anything? It's its own thing and I quite like it, then again I usually enjoy cars that will slide/move about quite a bit. It's very docile and easily corrected mid corner when you make a mess of it, which is good if you are me. It's not dorifto by any means, but it will let you slide about nicely if you desire to do so.

Can't say I have the understeer problem on exits, unless I really overdo it on entry or put my foot down way before the apex, but in that case I have the same problem in all cars. I'm probably just not pushing it hard enough yet. You won't see me doing 1:38's at Zandvoort in this lifetime either :) You can casually drive around this thing, and feel it wants to go around the bend, instead of having to force it into submission to do so.

I think it's quite a nice addition to what's already there in R3E, since it's quite different driving-wise from what's already there in the game.