Problem xbox 360 controller problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stoyan 1003, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Stoyan 1003

Stoyan 1003 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey there.I have a annoying problem with my controller connection.When i start the game for the first time everything is ok. But when I try it later,he game starts but it tells that my controller is disconnect.everytime.And I have to restart my laptop severall time per day.What can I do ? Please help. :)

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dont really know , but what you can check is that your laptop isnt powering down the usb ports ,

Andi

3. Stoyan 1003

Stoyan 1003 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No man,its not this... :( it happens only when start Raceroom for the second time.it doesnt happend with other games.i started from the icon on my desctop,from steam page...and the result is always the same.it says -device disconnected.and i remove the controller usb,then i hear a sound,i put the controller usb again,there is a soun again but still the game says thah it is disconnected...and i have ADAC Experiance demo and there is no such a problem.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This might be caused by some controller/driver conflicts.
    Check the devices list in Windows and look out for additional or virtual controllers in there. If there are any, disable or remove them.

5. Stoyan 1003

Stoyan 1003 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    there is only my xbox controller.i removed it.it was mistake... :D but when i checked,there was xbox controller and the microsoft receiver for it. nothing else.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ok...
    It's difficult to tell what's causing this so I can only give you some hints what you could try. From what I've seen they haven't changed anything regarding gamepad controllers (mine works just like before).

Make sure the gamepad is plugged in correctly and re-callibrate in Windows.
    Got to C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData and delete the following files: device_statistics.xml, menu_controller_options.xml
    After that go into the controller profiles folder and remove all the files in there (if you don't want to delete your controller profiles, cut them out and move them to another folder).
    Start the game with the gamepad plugged in and create a new profile.

If that doesn't help report back here please.

Good luck.

7. Stoyan 1003

Stoyan 1003 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OMG!!! Its working! :D thank you very,very much! :smiley: I hope that the problem is solved :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juramalt

Juramalt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian that was a good try. But it didn't work for me. The joystick works fine in windows. But not in the game. I tried the steps you suggested. But though the stick is listed as an active device it won't configure in the profile. It just says disconnected. It shows keyboard as the control device! Real shame. Will try it again but it's not looking good. Am running the game through steam in Windows 7 on a powerful PC. :(
    Any other thrust master X flight joystick drivers out there working properly??

9. Stoyan 1003

Stoyan 1003 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey man,unfortunately my problem has appear again... :( i did like the last time,but nothing,when i started the game it still says -controler disconected...btw in C/simbin ,the name of the folder is with blue letters ...is strange..is it normal?

10. DeDSekC

DeDSekC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its normal for it to do that thats how mine looked but it worked