You Made Me Come Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leon_90, Jan 28, 2017.

1. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hi lads,

well, the title says it all. I uninstalled R3E something like an year ago, disappointed and crestfallen for a title in which I had great hopes and expectations. I even deleted my backup, 'cause I thought I was done for good with it.
    Then, I hear about this week update, of all the positive reviews and opinions. I hear that now the title will get monthly updates, that many cool features are/will being/be implemented. I say, "well let's give it another go", even though it meant 6 hours of download with my internet connection speed.

I think I'll stay :) that's all that needs to be said ;)
    I found R3E better than when I left it, and more also I get a feeling of "we are actively improving and working on it" that I did not feel a year ago. I have done something like 4 or 5 races since yesterday and had a very good time. Thanks :)
    The AI for me is not as great as people seem to generally find it, I am almost continuosly being rear-ended (even though the overall AI level matches my competence) and they wiggle a lot (I tested the Touring Classics, M1 and Group 5, all at Spa) but they are not that bad and I believe a sweep is all that is needed to sort things out. After all the new "pressure/mistakes" feature is brand new and as always it suffers youth problems :) I also have some stuttering, which diminished a lot by disabling V-Sync. That's maybe another thing you might wanna look at, since I read in the forum of a few people having the same problem ;)

On another note, there are just 3 very small things I'd like to see (I mean it, they are very stupid).
    - a new replay menu, current one is old and out of style with the rest of the layout
    - the possibility of having a fixed steering wheel; right now you can have just the wheel or both the wheel and arms rotating; I would like to have just the wheel but fixed
    - the possibility of having just the virtual mirror visible when I turn it on; right now, you get both the in-car and virtual mirrors, which is distracting; I like the GT Legends and GTR2 option to have the in-car mirrors disabled (plain grey or black texture) when the virtual one is on
    That is all. As I said, they are 3 very minor things.

Thanks for your patience reading this and for the fun you give me with your title and hard work :)
    Hope you'll have a great 2017!

• Like Like x 7
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back here... but just to save you from disappointments - they always try to update monthly but some during holiday-seasons especially from end of july till end of september it can be quiet according to updates. In addition - some new stuff can take bigger changes in the game which can't be ready for release within a month and/or other stuff must wait for these changes...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, things just got a bit bad last year when july-september became July-November but things seem back on track and things are progressing really well at the moment. S3 seem to be having great momentum at the moment and with what's in the pipeline there's no signs of it stopping anytime soon.

Welcome back and hope you have a great 2017 too.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Glad you are enjoying and Raceroom imo is getting better and better still room for improvements but getting there:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    VR support in the latest pach brought me back to raceroom.

I bought a lot of content on black friday but i haven't played the game since april last year. Now with VR it's finally time to enjoy my investment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, got a few buddies doing the same, one of which just bought the entire content package.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Right who had 372 days in the sweep stake???:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    sorry mate I am not an english native speaker :D what does it mean "sweep stake"? :p

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I'm neither but I think it has something to do with lottery.

10. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    88 hours of playtime in total, 43 hours since VR support :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I have issue with VR, with graphics on low I have a very bad stuttering, any advice?

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    help is a hundred times easier if you put your full system specs (hardware/os)
    and full details of the settings you are attempting to use

Andi

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Andi, funny thing, this morning everything works great, same as in other SIM.
    All good now. :)

14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
  15. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I suspect that maybe the game has a memory leak or something. I've had performance issues too, which were solved are a reboot.

16. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I think it's more likely a Windows 10 issue, since shutting down the machine is no longer a proper shutdown and is just a hibernate instead, various programs get issues for me that only a reboot sorts out

17. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I allways completely shutdown windows 10. My PC never hibernates,i suspect it's game related. Other games do not suffer from this issue.

18. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    0 hours since I own 3 screens, wish they would add a real support for it already.

19. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but unless you specifically have been in to power options and disabled fast startup (in Windows 8 & 10) actually you are using a cached hybrid shutdown, not what you might be thinking you're doing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I know, it's been like that for year. One of the first thing i change after a fresh install.