Sector3! Make a normal AI!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTDnipro, Mar 10, 2017.

1. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ok just to be fair I deleted the ai adaptive file and tried adaptive ai. 5 races with 2016 bmw without any tuning at nurburgring gp turning about 1.56 for lap times pretty consistently. First race was crash fest for the ai in the first corner. But once I got through the first lap it was pretty much back to how I remember. I could race side by side with the ai in corners with no problem and some would crowd me more then others. Perfectly acceptable behavior in racing. A few issues but nothing real serious just a couple times I got spun in a corner but at this point ill chalk that up to the ai still learning. Problem is after 5 10 minute races I'm still a lot faster then the ai. Like 2 seconds. So maybe if youre having an issue try deleting the ai adaptive file? I haven't got a chance to try just setting the ai level to see how they act yet. Anybody know what a 1.56 equals in ai level?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not right now, but I can find out when I get back from work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I find your stance that the AI is beyond reproach exasperating.

Again, I agree the OP could have put things better, but your continued veiled belittling of people who agree to any extent is as tiresome as it is ineffective.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I notice this guy can't quite reach the first corner before slamming into the lead car!

It wasn't his fault though, he "didn't have enough brakes there."

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see what it is compared to what I had it set at before. I think something got screwed up with the ai somehow. Maybe that's why there are some of us complaining and some not. I know this happened in pcars when they updated . Some would have issues after and some wouldn't. More time will tell for sure but even if the ai did hit me it wasnt like getting hit by a dump truck anymore. In most cases I could drive out of it like youd expect and back to being very good to race with. Ill try a different car/track combo tonight and see how it goes.

6. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit that after clearing the AI of blame after driving GTs and Silhouettes, I'm finding their aggression in DTM more bothersome. There's this corner in Oschersleben where I simply cannot turn on a dime like them, and they will just ram me. And in general the AI tends to break behind you within an inch of your life. But I still like them better than before. The action is much more intense and fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree. All series are fine except for (modern) DTM. What you encouter at Oschersleben is what I have in the Mercedes Arena at Nürburgring. Crash almost guarenteed. At Hockenheim and Norisring on the other hand it is fine.

8. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2016 at Nürburgring GP layout, right?
    Laptimes of 1.56 means you should be running 101-103 level AI.
    Bear in mind that this isn't an exact science so those are approximations, but it's somewhere in that neighbourhood.

• Like Like x 2
  9. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the ai in rr is garbage. just my 0.02$

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes gp. So I was in the right ballpark with were I had it set before setting it between 100-110 in most cases. Hopefully the ai gets more competitive as they learn on adaptive because right now I'm way faster then them without using drs at all with that combination. I do think it was a case where some of us had the ai get screwed up with one of the updates though. If you look back at the posts from most of us complaining it all started about the same time. Thanks for the help.

11. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    No problem.
    As for the Adaptive AI being too slow presently, don't forget that the index-file also collects data from fixed AI races.
    So what you can do is run a short race with 102 AI, and that'll get added to the database, enabling the AI to adapt faster since it starts closer to your actual level.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Inflation must be worse than I thought if that was worth 2 cents!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  13. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    1 day 23 hours later, it is in my hands. That's pretty good service in my book!

• Like Like x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Is it wireless already?

15. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    No. I have a 2 metre cable (braided), but as my headset is also wired, and my neck muscles are not completely atrophied, I reckon I can bear it. The unit itself is pretty small, without any dangly LEDs to worry about.
    Looking forward to playing tonight. Full review once I have grown accustomed to it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    everyone has an opinion, no matter how many people disagree or make fun or troll I still have the same opinion, at the end of the day it's a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if people don't like others having other opinions it's their bad luck, and I will keep playing rr just not races with ai in the hope that one day they will update the ai to a decent level, all the best to you fellas

17. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more.
    But simply stating that the "RR ai is garbage", while admittedly an opinion, doesn't really further the cause in any way, does it?
    It's like me stating that I like Porsches.
    That happens to be true too, but bears very little relevance to any sort of meaningful discussion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    A rational, educated viewpoint, aimed at giving the reader information on which to evaluate their own position in the debate.

Sounds like a five year old who has had his toys confiscated.

I don't mind opposing points of view - I often hold to both sides of an argument/debate.

The one thing I do disagree with is STI_FTW, but maybe an STI is something different where you come from.;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I guess you are an evo fan?

20. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    :) gOOgle STI.
    It's not a car!

:eek::eek::eek:

And they don't all respond to penicillin.