Get really real! (damage) poll

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts), 11. April 2017.

?

Get real damage for get real mode? right now we can barrel roll and continue racing!

1. yes

81,4%
  2. no

9,3%
  3. Don't mind

10,3%
Eine Auswahl mehrerer Antworten ist erlaubt.
  1. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sort the men from the boys!!!
    More risky on edge racing!!!
    Better looking crashes!!!
    Increase damage sensitivity! :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  3. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Also hope for a better Crash model. look at the F1 cars .... Cornflakes after a crash

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Even better!! A damage sensitivity bar that can be altered up or down to suite server or SP race, 100% will be wheels and parts bouncing everywhere at 1st corner crashes! :)

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Damage simulation seems to be fairly simplistic in most sims now. Probably a combination of manufacturers getting precious about their cars being damaged in games and a lack of time/resources/desire from developers to implement complicated damage mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sadly this does seem true, in the future when we have a game like this with beamng damage I will be a very happy man!
    But I'm asking them to just increase sensitivity of what they already have in game, nothing complicated I should imagine.
    Thanks

7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if it was a bit more sensitive on rather heavy impacts..
    But i guess we'll have to be patient till the new game-engine maybe?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If posted the following quote in another Topic already but I guess it would fit pretty well here again.

An answer from @J-F Chardon in Racedepartment-Forum regarding a question to the Damagemodel in R3E...

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit I don't understand the point. Once you crash, the race is pretty much over. In fact, once a car TOUCHES you you're spinning out into space and your'e already behind the entire field.

I would much MUCH rather have them fix the collision physics, or the very poor AI spacial awareness. I had to restart about 20-30 times today with WTCC in Sachsenring after being rammed in pretty much every corner of the track, even when I had good speed and line. It was frankly ridiculous. I know this is not the subject here but I think that's a bigger deal breaker than the damage model.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Well done for trying Mr Vin.
    However, it is not going to happen.
    Ever.
    People have told you why...
    Broken cars is not good for car makers.
    Does not look good.
    Last game I can remember that did do what you want, Grid AutoSport.
    And that was a few years ago...
    As you have stated, nothing since.
    Those days are gone, Mr Vin.
    Sad but true.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yes your right, the player is out anyway, the reason is better visuals, the panels and wheel loss needs to be more sensitive, barrel rolls are the main issue! See for yourself, it's unrealistic the way the cars don't damage from high speed barrel rolls, the game has damage! Just needs to happen quicker in get real mode.
    I rarely play single player so couldn't comment on Ai, the online action is just too good :)

12. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, yes I understand about the makers but as I say the cars are already completely damagable! Unless they can control how we drive it's irrelevant.

13. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I can have a huge it or two and loose the front end! But I can barrel roll all day long with no visual damage, this is my point, the car makers doesn't come into it surely.

14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Car-Manufacturers aren't such a big problem in most cases. There is plenty of room to implement a Damage-Model. Especially a game like R3E, which is focussing on Race-Cars damage should be not such a big problem for the Manufacturers as long it doesn't look like the damage which could harm or even kill the driver...

So yes - the chance that we will see a 100% real damage-model is most likely not possible. But there is still a possibility to see a more realistic damage-model.

In the quote i've posted above, is pretty clear mentioned that is will most likely come in future, but not in the current engine...

The complexity of such a damage-model is quite huge... Alone if you think about the Materials that are used in the different Race-cars. An impact of a history touringcar would look totally different in comparison to a GT3 or DTM-Car, as the old touringcars use Metal-Hoods and doors while the modern cars use carbon instead...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I understand the complicity of it, I mod for next car game wreckfest.
    I'm not asking for that, just that the current damage sensitivity to be increased so that the parts that already come off, do come off in a high speed barrel roll or crash, it would suit the more realistic racing that get real mode is supposed to be.

16. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Mr Vin.
    I see, you want the bits that fall off, to fall off when you think they should fall off.
    May be it will happen for you, the game is still in Beta.
    You state you understand programming, so you get the issue.
    Car makers, or to be more precise the legal department dictates what can, or cannot go into the licensing agreement.
    Maybe, a car rolling must stay intact, to create the image of safety. You and I do not know, we have not seen the licensing agreement.
    Still, it could be on the to do list, or maybe not..
    Anyway Mr Vin, you keep trying, good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Catacroken

Catacroken Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Totally agreee with Vin. It is NOT normal to crash a car (FRR2 for example) against the wall at more than 100km / h and get only a slight damage in the aerodynamics, and allow me continue the race. I understand the difficulty and the restrictions to make better visual damage, but at least the mechanical damage in Get Real mode should be increased, a lot. The perfect example of what I mean is Iracing. And Iracing have almost all cars licensed.

Apologies for my bad english :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Catacroken

Catacroken Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    It is clear that I love this game, but not even direction damage is emulated, when you crash an openwheel against the wall. These basic things I think should be priority if they really want to move towards a sim. If the goal is to become a competitor of project cars 2, then I shut up.

19. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I have DNF'd out of enough races because of crashing so i can't really comment on this :oops:.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    A huge YES!

also still missing: FIRE!

dreaming ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 14. April 2017