Get really real! (damage) poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts), Apr 11, 2017.

?

Get real damage for get real mode? right now we can barrel roll and continue racing!

1. yes

81.4%
  2. no

9.3%
  3. Don't mind

10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I love the realism of this game but when an accident happens it could easily be a lot more realistic, in get real mode make the panels and wheels come off quickly, it's annoying for the crash victim but great action for everyone else (realism).
    This may also reduce the time wasting wreckers from driving like idiots, as they will be facing a wall in bits in no time ;)
    I'm not asking for soft body damage (though it would be amazing), just increased sensitivity! this is a no brainer for get real mode in my opinion.
    Seen a high speed barrel roll at red bull the other day, player carried on as normal.
    Don't want this do we? Keep it for amateur mode!
    Please, thanks :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    wreckers smash their cars.. then join another lobby. nothing will change their attitude on this. They wreck, they join somewhere else to wreck. There will be other methods in the future to sort them out.
    And for realism, yeah it's cool, but do people want to have a wrecked car after they kissed a barrier in the last corner of the last lap? :-D I also would like to have an "ultra" mode for damage, but that's not appealing to most gamers I think.

Maybe we can get at least have damaged steering or overheating engines (radiator damaged) or something "softcore" like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    just found this:

Nice damage in GTR2:

• Like Like x 4
  4. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeh good game I have that, was the best sim racer before this I'd say.

Haha but that's it, I do want all of that, it's not for gamers like every other game is, it's for hardcore racers, you get pressured into a mistake and that's you done! Great for 3rd place to see the wheel bouncing around ;)
    If this game had beamng damage I would not ever leave the house! ;)
    I'm just asking to see panels and wheels fly off when barrel rolling or high speed crashing, everything else is so impressively realistic, we need it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I took a risky dive down the inside at portimau and did an awesome barrel roll, my car was fine but I quit race as I love realism, we need this guys!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    For full realism, R3E should enable you paying for a completely brand new car if you wreck yours!

For instance, if you wreck a WTCC car.... those run about $400,000 now. Fair deal in my opinion :D

Or perhaps just another 299 vRP since this is a game after all. Im not a total maniac ;)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Oh GTR2 ... First sim with a League for me :p

8. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    In get real mode If you go fast into a wall you are out of the race! Why on earth don't the panels and wheels come off? You are DNF anyway! only difference is that crashes will look more spectacular! (Real)
    Don't fight it! Let's make it happen!!! :)
    Just increase damage sensitivity to a realistic state for get real mode!
    Definitely!!

Oh and I wouldn't want a real wtcc 4 cylinder FWD bag of s***t, I have a Tuned 7.5 v8 :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  9. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Apart from the expensive and time demanding iracing!, this is the best game out there in my opinion, I just know it will benefit from a simple adjustment for better crash visuals.
    Wish there were modding tools I Would Do It Myself. :)

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im definitely not opposed to having more sensitive damage. Although it is quite tough to find a good balance for how hard of an impact results in a certain amount of damage, and how that damage translates to suspension, aero, engine, etc.

11. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Any evidence to back that up:)

Did you just call iRacing a game? People are going to be out for your blood now!
    And we've all seen the video of how realistic the crash damage in iRacing is......

#SpiltOilBy2018

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yes I see what you mean and that would be even better! I just want the parts that already come off to come off quicker and easier, also tweak it so during a barrel roll the engine breaks.
    This will allow parts to fly off as the car is barrel rolling resulting in a dead car in the sand!
    Improved visuals and realism!!! :)
    Please

13. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha okay sorry, iracing not game, a racing sim career!! :)
    I don't own it personally but watch many YouTube vids, if I didn't have a son and girlfriend I would be all over iracing for sure! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Not even asking for handling damage, it a simple fix

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    id love it to get real so when you puncture , break something destroy a car etc , you have to pay to rebuy the piece , you get real fines for speeding in vrpp and lose points from license

Andi

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    well.. in real races the driver doesn't have to pay shit when he wrecks the car ^^.. but he may be fired from the team if it happens every race. So better to block these cars for the player forever

17. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Barrel Roll = loss of external parts and DNF!
    Get real !!!!! Much better game!!! :)

18. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Let's not forget one fairly important part of damage-modelling.
    In order to get a license for this car and that one, there are limits to what you can show re. damage.
    Oddly enough Mercedes finds it disconcerting to see their cars crumpled into a ball of scrap-metal on fire. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Lost a wheel, on the 1st chicane of Salzburgring...
    Citroën C Élysée '15...

20. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    But the front ends, wheels etc come completely off anyhow! I'm just wanting it more sensitive and realistic for get real mode only.
    no brainer :)