DTM 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It is a matter of perspective, it's probably hard compared to even slower FWD shopping carts.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that TCR is nice and a great way for close racing and even fields but personally I think something is missing. I guess the regulations of TCR is meant as a cheap way of touringscar-racing with reliable technologie but without going the cup-racing way.
    For WTCC and DTM I would like to see something more extreme. During the Goodwood fos I noticed the prodrive Subaru that was racing on the nürburgring 24h-race.
    Maybe something like that would be nice...

3. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The problem with a car like that is the cost of it. It's the same with wtcc, popular, cheap road models, but the race cars cost more than GT3 cars, based on super cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Must say that I'm tired reading a lot of "funny coments". I just asked does anybody from developers or beta testers knows anything about DTM 2017.
    I didn't ask for fun or happy coments.
    There's a lots of "funny " forums and they are not useful if You ask for info.

see ya,

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to add that Berger said recently that they're focusing on making DTM grow locally and not on Class 1 regulations (I read it as Merc Audi and BMW keeping costs from raising and dragging their feet in developing the 2.0l turbo).
    https://supergtworld.wordpress.com/...masaaki-bandoh-weigh-in-on-class-one-updates/
    Super GT also distanced themselves a bit from Class 1 favoring GT3 cars for the new for 2018 10 hours of Suzuka
    https://www.motorsport.com/supergt/...00km-to-make-way-for-10-hour-gt3-race-879558/
    IMSA is still playing dead.

My personal thoughts are that a FIA Class 1 could replace WTCC in the future if there's manufacturer interest, but given that neither ITR or GTA want to repeat 1996 (spiralling costs and eventual demise), an International TCR Cup seems much more feasible atm.

That being said, I still watch DTM (Norisring 2 had lots of action) and hope the 2017 cars eventually - still enjoying the 2016 - make way to R3E, if not, maybe wait for something in the Class 1 front (wishful thinking;)).

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The quote from Kitsune is as much as the betatesters know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow...i kinda feel like the DTM cars are R3E's signature class. I started watching real DTM thanks to to R3E. Some of my best races have been in DTM14-16 @ Hock.

The whole "f1 handling in a sports car" paradigm is just fun to drive.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Guys You miss the point and simple question. Does R3E planning DTM 2017?

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    upload_2017-7-13_11-53-32.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
  12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the future of the DTM: The Lausitzring has been bought by DEKRA and will be used as a testing facility in the future. So they are probably not going to organise races there anymore.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, they're not saying no to all racing activities it seems:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtscha...t-motorsport-anlage-lausitzring-15109815.html

So they themselves won't organise racing events but they are open to renting the venue to race organisers, yet the events would have to fit their automated-driving-test-facility concept... Whatever that means... #automatedracing? ;)

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  15. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    imho the least important and most unattractive race track we have in Germany.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Oschersleben or the Norisring are expendable tracks but not the EuroSpeedway. It is / was a great track, but mismanagement brought him down. This year the team of @Alex Hummler has the last chance to visit the track for the last time! I hope they take this opportunity and give us a remastered blow away version of this track, incl. the oval and 24h layout! … Now, the EuroSpeedway becomes a part of: https://de-de.facebook.com/LostSpeedways/ … I had never thought, that this day will come. It's such a shame. Words fail me right now. :(

A couple of years ago, I tried to creat a own high quality version of this track for the sim NR2003. Here is a mail from Mr. Hanf, a EuroSpeedway employe, who I contacted for my project. He told me, that the company 3D Mapping Solutions has digital data of this track. Maybe it helps @Alex Hummler.

Hallo Patrick,

wir können dir hierzu leider keine zufriedenstellende Antwort geben. Wir haben vor einiger Zeit eine Kooperation mit dem Unternehmen 3D Mapping Solutions www.3d-mapping.de abgeschlossen, die dem Unternehmen die Rechte einräumen, vollständige Messdaten für Zwecke wie die Erstellung von Streckenvarianten für Computerspiele zu verwalten. Die genauen Daten könntest du also für den von dir gewünschten Zweck nur ausschließlich über 3D Mapping Solutions beziehen.

Da dies aber für einen privaten Hobby-Map-Designer sicher nicht bezahlbar sein wird, kommt diese Variante nicht in Frage. Ich würde dir daher raten, dich einmal an S*** K*** unter s***k***@gmx.de zu wenden. Er hat vor etwa drei oder vier Jahren ebenfalls bei uns angefragt, um den Lausitzring für das Spiel GTR umzusetzen. Damals war es uns zum einen noch möglich, ihm dafür Daten zukommen zu lassen bzw. ihn und sein Team auch auf unserer Anlage zu begleiten, damit die entsprechenden Textur-Fotos erstellt werden konnten. Das Projekt scheint aber leider eingeschlafen zu sein. Die Daten sollte er allerdings nach wie vor besitzen. Vielleicht setzt ihr euch einfach mal zusammen und überlegt, ob ihr dieses Projekt nicht gemeinsam fortführt und den Lausitzring entsprechend für mehrere Plattformen umsetzen wollt und könnt. Über diesen kleinen Umweg kommst du vielleicht an die Daten, die du gebrauchen kannst.

Halte mich bitte auf dem Laufenden, wie und ob es mit dem Projekt voran geht.

Natürlich muss ich dich noch darauf hinweisen, dass du aus deinen Ergebnissen keinen Profit schlagen darfst. Die Streckenvarianten dürften nur kostenfrei zum Download zur Verfügung gestellt werden. Hast du etwas anderes vor, benötigst du eine Erlaubnis von uns, die dann sicherlich auf Provisionsbasis ausgearbeitet werden würde.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Tino Hanf
    Medien & Kommunikation / Web & Grafik
    media & communication / web & graphics

EuroSpeedway Verwaltungs GmbH
    Lausitzallee 1
    01998 Klettwitz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Norisring. What a boring track.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I cannot agree here. At least from a spectator's view Norisring always offers exciting races. And you can ask each driver you may want, they all state, beeing fast here is very hard work and demands lots of risks at Grundigkehre and Dutzendteichkehre.
    Have been there many times, to watch DTM classic, ITC and DTM new. I never was disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't disagree more here. I attended several DTM weekends at the Norisring in the glory days of DTM in the early 90s and it always was a great spectacle. Norisring looks back on to a colourful history even with the Group C beasts.
    Lausitzring - for me (!) - is a faceless "Retorten" track. No history, boring layout, boring races (the few I watched on TV).
    But however - let's be glad we have both tracks in R3E. Though I don't see the need why R3E should re-do the track?!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    yes, those were the days my friend!:D

• Winner Winner x 1