Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    The livery says GT1 but it may well be adapted on the GT3 car.Wait and see.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not only the livery says that it is the GT1... the sidepipes tells the same story...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yes maybe you're right. Let's hope for it. :)

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If it's a Nissan with GT3 spec is just as fine with me as a GT1 Nissan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it is the GT1 car model, not the GT3; the whole shape is different. I suspect they'll manage both, although double work for everyone; even the engines are different so twice as much work for @Anthony Monteil too.

If you remember the dev stream from before the dedicated servers were launched, it showed the car list from an internal development build and that included a Nissan GT1 too, as well as a couple of other things already confirmed elsewhere.

I'm purely speculating now, but I would guess a GTR1 pack with the Fords, Nissans (although not many original liveries) and a couple of GTRX cast-offs could be a long-term possibility.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    Found a picture of it's real world counterpart.
    [​IMG]

Does this mean that it's both a GTR1 and GTR3 pack on the way? :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    We don't know, to be honest; neither are confirmed. Note that the above image has the earlier style, lower, more angled rear wing to the one pictured above:

[​IMG]

Quick plea, if that is the case: please more two-car teams with consistent liveries :)

There are only three 'real' liveries for the short-lived Nissans though, maybe one extra in the test car from 2009.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I was there too. :)

P1020203.JPG P1020220.JPG P1020241.JPG P1010866.JPG

ADAC GT Masters had its Sachsenring-race this weekend too:

P1010856.JPG P1020171.JPG P1020152.JPG

Sorry for the image quality but I only had a small compact camera back then. ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    That is the GT1 version of Nissan GTR. The fenders are wider than the GT3 version.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well, the Nissan GT1 was already on our Discs as R3E has started its public Beta, but it was never released... Maybe due to licensing issues?! So it was definitely ready to race...

With restructuring the Classes some of the GTRX-Cars will move in the GTR1-Class. Maybe that means that we'll get a new GTR1-Pack which could incl. the Nissan GT1. ATM the GTRX and the GTR1 is still on the old physics so that an update on that classes will definitely come..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 is also still using the old physics which I think physics overhaul are coming for all these 3 classes.

I know that Zonda R will probably end up as a single class. I dont know what will happen to Grumpet Apollo though.

12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I think it was @J-F Chardon who once said that the Zonda will end up in its own class, while the P 4/5 will go to GTR2 and the rest will fall into GTR1. The "rest", being the Gumpert, the Koenigsegg and the Ruf never raced in GT1 as far as I know. While the Ruf is a fantasy car based on a real road going car from Ruf, there actually were race variants of the other two developed. And I remember a hybrid Gumpert taking part in the 2008 24h Nürburgring race (with very limited success due to technical problems). I never saw a Koenigsegg on a racetrack in an official event. Does anybody have an idea? :cool:

And in Race07 there were already a Gumpert, a Koenigsegg and a Zonda. The Zonda was there in two variants - one balanced with the GT1 class and a faster one with real Zonda R specs.

Sadly the "original" GT1 class was discontinued due to costs. :( There were some great cars in it which I miss a lot.

But it was @J-F Chardon also who said that the reshuffling of classes will take quite a while. And as long as we don't see an official announcment with some sort of "soon" in it, we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for it. At least we know it is supposed to happen. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm concerned, I made the sound of this car three years ago, at the beginning of R3E's development, so it's ready, and so is the car itself.

Now, why it wasn't released since then is out of my territory but be sure that there was a good reason. ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If I slide you a $5er Anthony can you make a strong push to release it tomorrow? Maybe a tenner or something?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Must Have been between 6 months and a year since I heard about this so they have had time Allright.;)
    And we know they are working on an overhaul of the GT3 cars.
    They have also said at one point that when we start seeing screens, it's getting close to release. :)

16. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    LOL, just a little bit of patience and you can save your money. At least, you know the car exists :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I have no patience when it comes to new Nissans in my favorite game. Tell me whose palm I need to grease with cash to get the nissan tomorrow and i"ll do it hehe :)

18. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I dont mind P4/5 got transferred into GT2 as it was built for GT2 specs despite it never raced with GT2. It was my favorite car in AC so I am really pleased to see it in GT2 too.

The Koenigsegg which is CCGT GT1 was designed and fully compliant for GT1 but the whole Le Mans project was scrapped when ACO changed the regulations by banning use of carbon monoques and also increased minimum production from 20 to 350. Koenigsegg could not change their CCGT in the last minute so the car was scrapped and never see the light of the day on a race track. IMO, CCGT in GT1 is fine considering it was designed as a FIA GT1 compliant car.

I think the issue is the Gumpert and the Ruf as they never officially have GT1 version of the car. I am fine to have a fantasy version of Ruf GT1 but the Gumpert never raced other than a hybrid version in VLN. And it looked sort of odd to see the road going Gumpert in the GT1 grid but I personally do not mind to see a larger grid with both cars.

Perhaps the Gumpert and Ruf can be moved to the German Nationals class with BoP for all the cars?

Still, hopefully we will get Maserati MC12 GT1, Corvette C6R GT1 and Murcielago GT1 in GTR1 too. :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0