Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The R35 liveries looked great. Can't wait for ADAC 15.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    So the Zonda is getting it's own series. Eager to find out where the other GTRX cars end up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    GTR1 and 2.

4. brightHand

brightHand Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the devs have expressed much interest in the upgrade due to oculus rift incompatibility with current version.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. brightHand

brightHand Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    you are playing with my emotions.

• Like Like x 3
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sry if this has been answered elsewere..but what about DTM '15 ? Hope we don't have to wait till the end of the season....
    And regarding that screenshot at #186 I'm surely not an open wheels fan - but really looks freakin' awesome...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, in the old SIMBIN days there never was released anything before the end of the corresponding season. Just think of Race07 and all the different years of WTCC and STCC in it. They always represented seasons that were completed already when they were released.

This rule has already been broken in a way by the DTM 2015 Virtual Championship, but I doubt the final product will be released before the end of this years season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like x 8
    • Love it! x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nice one! I got excited by the date at the end, but that's the actual event...

Still, his use of 'very soon' is encouraging, I see Mr v.d.L. is well acquainted with Sector3 terminology!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. hariseldon

hariseldon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The OP mentions a driver ranking system, does anyone have more info on this? Done right this could be a good step towards competing with iRacing.

12. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    all the info we have is that they are thinking about it (dont expect it anytime soon)

13. hariseldon

hariseldon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Tbh it would do wonders in terms of encouraging people to finish races (people like watching numbers going up and down, no idea why but they really do) which would in itself clean up a lot of the racing. That said they should absolutely take their time to do it right as while the iRacing system does a good job of making the races themselves good, it does cause some issues with participation in some cases as people sometimes simply won't join races/series they think will cost them ranking points (which is just silly really).

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I gave up on iracing because of the number of high rated drivers who quit because the strength of field was too low. And it wouldn't just be one or two drivers. You'd run in qual with 10 or 12 drivers, then they'd *all* quit before the race started so as not to risk losing rating. Then they'd whinge that not enough people drove the Radical. Utter bell ends.

Anyway, for me a rating system would be great but it needs to be carefully designed to avoid such nonsense

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
  16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have always like the idea of a system that does not decrease but instead resets each term therefor encouraging those who complete races and in the end gives a rank based on what is effectively participation. I like this idea because it doesn't matter who you race or how much time you put in to practice. it is simply encouraging clean participation. and the worst that can happen is you crash out and don't gain any points.

• Like Like x 3
  17. hariseldon

hariseldon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If you mean the new system where races are attached to qualifying that's not possible, they'd lose iRating. Typically a high iRating driver looks at the sign up count for a race as that gives a decent indication of likely SOF (and of course they'll know certain times will be high SOF because they've arranged those times) and will join or not join races accordingly. There is a problem in some ways with giving people too much info as sometimes the info will lead to people taking choices which are bad for the community as a whole.

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    This was with separate qual, so the disconnections must have been in between the warmup and the race (was a while ago). I think if most drivers disconnect before the race no one loses irating. Happened 3 times in two weeks, practice, qual, warmup, then find myself alone on the grid holding my ding-a-ling.

When they subsequently moaned about low numbers my piss was boiling

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I know I'm something of a wild card here, being a fan of Gran Turismo and Forza, but I would like to point out that the strength of those two game series is in their incredible diversity of cars, especially GT. Instead of S3 going kind of round robin between DTM, ADAC and WTCC, enhancing them along, I'd really like to see some other DNA begin to weave itself into these "experiences."

A number of people here have made some excellent suggestions as to other leagues and their cars being brought in, and I've done my share of that. The motorsports world has a rich legacy. I know it has to be licensed, and I know the small team there then has to build it, and I know it has taken SimBin/S3 at least two years of solid work to reach this point in RaceRoom. But there's a dreaded politically correct word I normally dislike but which I crave in racing, and that's diversity. I'd really love to see some Super Touring Cars or ALMS/TUDOR, SCCA or whatever alongside the marvelous content we have today. I welcome anything the team can bring in as far as open wheel Formula and LeMans Prototypes, but my heart is in stuff that's less bleeding edge of speed, FIA GT and the like.

One thing which causes sim purists to bristle is fantasy based stuff, but it has the advantage of requiring no license and no certain format to follow. RR has some fantastic content in it now that we can play with in the Championship builder, but we have to use the race formats locked in their car lists. S3 is going to expand the Experiences a bit this year and next, and I know the formats such as the GT rosters are going to be shuffled, but I'd like to see them expand on and take advantage of the marvelous stock of cars they have now, and will come. This includes fantasy liveries. The one Ford GT in the 2013 ADAC Legends is kind of lonely, and rather bland to boot. I'd love to see it in some new skins for it, real world or not. We already have a nice fantasy track or two, and some fantasy cars like the RUFs. And I know that multiclass racing is coming at some point, but how about either coming up with some S3 GT classes with a few closely matched cars in fantasy liveries, or letting us create classes ourselves? It's a thought. I'm also hoping to see some action coming in regard to user made liveries.

I suppose I'm so hot to see some new goodies in RaceRoom because I'm unsure that Forza 6 or P CARS will offer the same level of thrill I get in R3E, and fantasy content is a quick and easy way to get there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    At the risk of sounding like a sissy or a new-ago hippy weirdo or Facebook obsessed halfwit, I'd really like to see Formula E. Having been to this week's test at Donington, the series is looking quite healthy and exciting. The cars are surprisingly quick too.

Perhaps I got sunstroke there or something

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1