Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    If it worked out that way that would be great - some of us might have new gear from wife/parents to try out on a new track...a merry Christmas indeed.

2. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

Couple of questions about this. How much did this cost for you guys to have done?
    Have you considered buying your own equipment? It seems it would pay for itself over time.

I would like to know what the file type you guys need to work the data into the game, as well as what level of accuracy (3mm 5mm 10mm or 15mm). I intend to hunt for this data. I have already gathered that it is most likely .pcl .pcd or .laz to name a few I found so far. I am very resourceful, eventually I will have whats needed. I just need some key words to work with.

I have been putting a lot of work into understanding how lidar works. I have a long way to go, but I am dedicated and persistent.

I am working on a price for the VMX-450 which seems what you need to grab the data needed.
    http://products.rieglusa.com/item/m...ompact-mobile-laser-scanning-system/item-1033

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/home/news/646-iracing-and-the-newest-laser-scan-of-the-nuerburgring-nordschleife

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    @DriftMachine I believe it was the operators of the circuit that decided to get it scanned themselves and then sell the data. Hence iRacing also has a version coming soon.

Makes sense as they can split the cost between multiple customers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Well either way I would like to know from the devs what file types are easiest for them to work with, and at what numbers work best with their coding.

I intend to collect the data, and share with who ever want to make tracks of them. I will probably own, or have access to a scanner in the next year. I am ocd about details. I am pretty certain once I fully understand this, the quality of the work I produce will be of the highest level.

Eventually I will try to get Daytona Road Course scanned if no one gets to it before I get to that point.

As it is now, I am just starting to get somewhere. Its only a matter of time before I find a dot database.
    http://www.lidarusa.com/page.php?cat=4

http://www.laszip.org/

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  5. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    While a new track has been announced any news on the Nordschleife when it will be released?

6. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm waiting on Santa's

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Man I can't wait for this. This is the one track where 60 minute practice in multiplayer is really fun. For more casual driving this is much needed in R3E.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I really enjoy a lot of this game. The micro transactions can be a bit much sometime as you start realizing you've dropped $200+ on a game that really should cost $85?

Go play a multiplayer session and see what's REALLY MISSING! No tire pressure management, no active tire model, no fuel options, lack of pit stops, no vehicle management, no active track surfaces, drivers just smashing others out of the way rather than carefully planned, strategic passing, and no damage affecting anyone, etc., etc., etc.

Don't really need more tracks or cars. Any title out right now that can get a structured MMO environment running will cash in huge. To be clear I cannot stand iRenting for many reasons but I end up there more than anywhere because there is structure, licensing, ratings/achievements, deterrents to wrecking and stupidity and accountability, racing 24/7, stats galore and the list goes on. iRenting needs a competitor and whomever gets this right.... WHOA! Lookout!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Use a VPN and you bypass the region locking that's how I do it I look on any region :D

10. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    thanks to the tppa (if it goes through) no longer will isp's be able to hide your identity or disguise what you are doing now you can get fined for even watching copyrighted stuff not just distributing it.

unless your vpn enripts all the content it sends to your computer you might (not a high chance but it still will exist) get fined for watching stuff you shouldent.

11. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Well I watch it and ofcause I pay for it too, it's not sneeking around the bush I am talking about.
    We can compare it to Netflix for example, are you alowed to use it when you are, let's say in Japan, USA,England yes ofcause you are but do you see the same listing of films when you change country now you don't so in that case you are paying for the service already and for the VPN yes I do recomend using a good one there are alot of cheeper that cost a small fee, but worth it and stil very good compared to the more expencive ones. ;)

Edit: for example I worked alot with computers way, way back and many companies then demanded that I was logged in thrugh their VPN, so anything I did it was like I was there in that country on the computer..
    So there are legal ways to use it too.. ;) what I am saying is, from where you connect out to the world on internet is your busines no one ellse as long as you do it legaly (pay for it), unless the country you live in have a laws against that too ofcause " like china ". ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    The government that people were dumb enough to vote in in the UK last year are seemingly using China as their role model. It's amazing what you can get away with if you make people scared enough.

Feel this is somewhat off topic though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Got two questions to s3s... Is The endurance Track enabled in The new nordschleife? And when yes, is it possible to cut the track after gp to the starting line for hotlaping and qualifying?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Yes the cut is coming practice and quali

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  15. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait for that ride on a BMW Z4 GT3.;)

hopefully it comes till Christmas.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    we need this helmet movement in the cockpit view ... would be damn realistic :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You got the shaking if you set it up right in cam movement, sadly not the left righ movement look to apex ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    still no date announced we ??
    for Christmas ?? :rolleyes:

19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    would make the most sense.

20. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    More head movement in the car cockpit is something I really wish was an option. I've heard that there are files you can edit to get those effects, but that kind of thing should be a slider or two in the options menus like other games have them. I find the current ultra-rigid camera to feel a little unnatural.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1