Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, that one already came true, didn't it? We've all been looking forward to it the whole year. ;)

Ok...Just thought so because you said this:

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes someone from the Devs (on this forum) said "this year" but no "definitely".

But I doubt it...

"The level of complexity of the Nordschleife circuit production has been such, that required 2 years of hard work"

http://www.assettocorsa.net/dreampack1/

We have to hope that Alex and the devs is faster :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    THEY took TWOYEARS?

It's horrible on AC..

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Assetto tracks are done by just one single lonely guy. ;) Also, I would not take that 2 years claim too literally. It could include time interruptions during productions, between laserscanning (or buying of such data, as some rumour says), and actually producing the track from the point cloud. Who knows. Maybe they started the clock already when they had the first idea ever to maybe one day doing the Nordschleife...

Also note that they claimed to initially not have had plans for the Noprdsschleife, and that it took them an online survey I still remember to have participated in after the launch of Early Access 2014 to learn that the Nordschleife was in high demand. LOL Or so they said. Maybe that survey was a fake show. But it cannot have been 2 years if they really based their decision for th Nord on that survey.

Personally I think they had done the laserscanning - or bought the data - long time before that already, and just remained silent about it initially. The company running the Nordschleife actualy made an own deicison to get its track laserscanned and then sell the dataset to anybody who places a bid. This may explain why suddenly three or four contenders all of a sudden jumped onto the track within the same year.

Whatever the truth is, I especially wait for this track in Raceroom.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Every racing sim needs the Nordschleife, period. People want it. The thing that made it so difficult in the past 2-3 years for every developer was that the Nürburgring GmbH screwed up and the future of the track was unknown, which made it difficult/impossible to get a license. Back in 2013 Diego already talked about those troubles, plans for having it in R3E reach at least that far back. So yeah, it certainly didn't take the artist two years to create the track.

7. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    If my memory serves me right,work on Spa for R3E started during last year's WTCC round there(around June) and the track was released this September.So a little bit over a year.Taking that as a basis a nearly two year window for Nords seems pretty ordinary.But,contrary to AC and Kunos who started from carte blanche,R3E can use some content from the RACE version of Nords to speed up development.Of course we are not talking about 3d objects but mainly reference points,track data etc.

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^Business policy and legal obligations. Who says something gets immediately released when it is done?

AC crew said last year their lonely guy needs 3-5 months per track, and the team needs 6-8 weeks per car. It cannot be that very much different in RR, even more so since I live by the impression their track master is not alone to work on a track, but has more assistance than his AC counterpart, right?

9. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    What do you find horrible in AC's Nordschleife? I kind of like the experience on this version, but I haven't really had any point of comparison so far.

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Just comparing to other games. On some parts, the ffb. (where the ffb shouldn't go too cray) it just goes mental.

A few others I simrace with every now and then have the same issue with AC. We can get around it by using mad dampening but it kinda kills the point of ffb.

11. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So there's nothing wrong with AC's Nords?

12. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Weird :(
    I'm not experiencing that craziness, on the contrary it's quite immersive... maybe it depends on the wheel? It's a T500RS here. Or on the version/car? I did have a lot of loud noise (from the road I believe) with some cars like the Formula Renault 3.5, but it was sorted out since AC version 1.3.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Doing the Nordschleife in AC is a blast, I spend 50% or more of my time in AC just there. Fun when using a comfortable car, an enjoyable battle when you do a challenging car like the GT40 or Yellowbird or F40.

I expect the same amount of fun in Raceroom with the Nordschleife, but more of the "comfortable fun" , since the cars in Raceroom are all race cars and by design come with more grip than the roadcars in AC. And when the difference in looks is like with the other shared tracks in both sims and namely Spa, then Raceroom'S Nordschleife will be a feast to drive.

And I just mean driving solo until here. Racing in pack then is a completely different ballkame again. GT3 on the Norschleife is one of the best things that can happen to you in AC. In Raceroom: the same, I expect - but maybe even better looks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping for a release this year too, but after all the little issues introduced with last big patch, the still existing server problems, i guess all things on the planned timeline are pushed a little bit further back.
    So i wouldn't hold my breath for a Nordschleife release this year. Q1 2016 sounds more realistic to me.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Could be - but is the track artist crew really busy with fixing server issues...? Not everybody does everything. Like not all musicians in an orchestra can play all instruments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Of course, but there's things to come before that, f.e. Audi TT Cup, which won't be released before next week. Formula RR was announced... And it's merely three weeks until the (working) year will basically be over, so I'm with Ernie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    With so much stuff nearing release(TT Cup,WTCC 15,ADAC 15,Open Wheelers,Buriram + the unknown WTCC track) I think the most probable release window for Nords is Q2 2016.

18. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The green hell will be 8.12 in iracing.

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Any news about their price? They still wanna charge $15 for the GP layout and $15 for the Nordschleife?

20. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0