News EASTER SALE - Friday 25th to Monday 28th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    For me it's the "get it out of the cupboard once in a while for some fun racing" car. I can't see me doing a championship in it, but for some now and then mp fun I wholeheartedly agree with Nate, very much fun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Bah! No use for me as I've bought almost everything! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well then what are you doing here? Start the game and get some miles on those clocks. ;)

4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I ended up getting all the GT3 cars that aren't in the ADAC 2014 pack (RUF RT12 R, Ford GT, Nissan GT-R, BMW Alpina B6), at least one GT3 livery for each of the ADAC cars, and the following tracks: Spa-Francorchamps, Bathurst, RaceRoom Hill Climb, as well as the NSU pack. I then added a few more liveries to take me up to just under 2,000 vRP...

Should keep me busy for a while...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Looking good, enjoy.

6. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I saw it. Never heard of it. Ugly cars. Wasn't gonna buy it. What's so "racecar" about an NSU?! Garbage! I thought.
    I have not laughed so hard while banging fenders with other drivers in those NSUs:D. That was a stroke of genius!:)
    Seriously! How can you get angry driving an NSU? I can't wait till our next NSU race!
    Whatever you do....Map your "car Reset" button. If you go into the gravel..... :D - jus sayin;) from experience.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kabuki101

Kabuki101 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just added all the content I missed out over the last weeks. --> Back to 100% :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    oh bummer. My purchases aren't showing up. :(

9. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I'd been playing around with only the free content over the last few weeks and dipped my toe into the multiplayer servers only to be left really disappointed with the lunatics that only want to ram others off the road and spoil the enjoyment of others.

Should be able to join a few more organised races now. I'll still be trailing at the back of the pack but having fun at the same time :)

Thanks for the sale, couldn't have come at a better time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Just bought all GT3 cars and tracks and also the SR9's. My body is ready for more content!:D

11. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I honestly can't remember the last time someone rammed someone on purpose on the open servers with non-free content.
    That's actually one of the biggest reasons I bought into R3E and still play the open multiplayer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played multiplayer yet, and probably won't have much time available to do this, but would like to experience it, when I've grasped the basics better, even though I'm only using an XBox One controller, and I agree that for me too one of the reasons I got R3E was because I heard the mutliplayer experience wasn't full of idiots, compared to some racing sims... I've also found the forum here to be very helpful and courteous, which isn't the case for some others...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So just working things out, I managed to get all that lot plus the ADAC GT Masters 2014 pack for £21 total, which seems pretty reasonable to me!

• Like Like x 1
  14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I am really glad that you've decided to first get the offline experience. While the number of people online aren't great, I'd rather have 5 people that can drive their cars than 20 that can't.

15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Sure, though one has to start somewhere. I'm going to try to at least get good enough not to be too much of a danger to others before going multiplayer, though. Presumably there are some online races where relative beginners would be welcome though? If not, it's unlikely the number of online players will increase...

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    picked up Chang....should be it.

17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I recently went through this.

If you use your noggin there should be no issues. hang out at the back, watch and learn, don't worry about your position. Get out of the way of way faster guys.

Its not too hard. You will make silly mistakes but that is how it goes.

18. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Grabbed the last two tracks I didn't have and a few cars. Best go and try them out i guess!! :D
    Steam wallet loaded and ready for the big one ;)

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Tried out the NSU, it's fun! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I just tried out my first non free content race in the servers (DTM 2015). What great fun. A whole different league to the others I tried before now. What you guys say is proving to be spot on. The quality of driving is in a different world in comparison. Everyone else is so much faster than me but I could see (as they passed me with ease) how respectful the driving is even when there is close fighting for position. I ended up being lapped by all the other drivers before the race was halfway done :D .. just kept an eye on the track map/mirrors and made sure to stay well clear of them as they went by, watched and tried to observe just how well they tackled the track before they got out of sight again.

Pride well and truly crushed but a good lesson for me :eek:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2