News EASTER SALE - Friday 25th to Monday 28th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That's not nice!! :mad::D

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, maybe it gives you a little comfort that I'll be spending my weekend learning for my final oral exams. :pensive:
    No driving for me too.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  3. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You should also make some advertising on the store page. There is still no hint via that easter offer ;-)

4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Time for me to get all the tracks I've missed so far, plus a couple nice GT3s.

Happy Easter indeed :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I only have the ADAC GT Masters 2014 pack currently, am thinking of picking up some of the other GT3 cars such as the RUF and Ford GT, some GT3 liveries for the ADAC cars, and maybe a few tracks, such has Spa-Francorchamps... Are there any other tracks that are a "must have"? I'm mainly interested in GT3 racing, though I might pick up the NSU while I'm at it, for something a bit different.

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you dont have Bathurst... I would say that is a "must have" track, as it has been reproduced very well in R3E. :)

Hmm, another one that I love putting laps in at is Suzuka. 3 layouts with that one, so you could use the GT3's on the GP layout, and try something slower like the NSU or FR Jr when it releases at one of the smaller layouts ;)

7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    You could give a try to Sachsenring. It's a bit like a roller coaster.
    At the moment there is a competition with DTM 92.
    I like it for it's fast corners and not beeing flat at all. Beeing fast seems not easy to me.

Edit: sorry @Metalogic , just read you own gt 2014 already, so forget what I wrote, pure nonsense.
    It was an too-early-lack-of-coffee-post.:confused:
    Made a good choice!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well you already got some of my must haves via GTM 14. I would add Bathurst and Zolder maybe, and the Americans (Mid O and Laguna). But those two come in the Murica pack, so if you're not gutted by Indi and Sonoma, maybe getting those via that pack would be the smarter choice.

And I'll keep promoting Raceroom Hillclimb. Yes it's a point2point and yes, there's no actual racing, but it is such a beautiful stretch of French alps road...I mean even the dirt looks gorgeous there. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/post-your-r3e-screenshots.38/page-21#post-29217
    And you can get all this beautiful dirt for just 1 buck now. :D

But it's included in the Hillclimb pack, and there it comes with 5 cars, so that might eventually be the even smarter choice.

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, might pick up Bathurst then too then. Is the Hillclimb track worth picking up? Is this suitable to run GT3 cars on at all?

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Zolder would be my recommendation. A great track for any form of racing but I always find it a good place for GT3s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I do. :)
    Yeah, I'd say GT3s are fun there cause it's a bit like rl (illegal) road racing. No über-stiff, twitchy hypercars but some rather regular behaving cars on a regular road. It is very narrow and curvy tho, so if you don't like braking it probably isn't for you.
    But it does have a really nice flow once you know the track. Just prepare to put some serious learning time in it cause you will suck at it the first couple hours.

Here you would find some reference times (and ghosts to chase): http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1709&car_class=class-1703
    Oh look, there's me in the top 5. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, might pick it up then, it's only 100 vRP currently

13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW regarding liveries - to race all the cars from the ADAC GT Masters 2014 pack in GT3 class, do I just need to pick up at least one livery per car? Will I be able to race GT3 against the AI that way?

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I just realized that there's a competition running on it, so you could even try it before buying. It's with a Group 5 car tho, so not the easiest way to get familiar with the track, but you could have a look at it at least.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not even that, you only need to own one livery of one car. That's the general rule, as soon as you own one car of any class you can race against all the other cars in that class, you don't have to own them.
    So if you pick up one GTR3 class livery for one of the cars you own in ADAC you can race against them all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    But presumably I can only race with cars/liveries myself in GT3 that I own?

17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    In absence of a GTR3 pack I will possibly pick up a few liveries but I can't see myself buying much else. I don't own the NSU, GTR2 and Touring Classics packs but seeing as packs are not included in the sale it will stay that way.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Of course.

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, you could always look into getting the NSU sans car pack... It should be on sale for 75vRP right now... That's a pretty sweet deal for that car. Although you only get 1 livery... but that would deduct some cost from the pack if you choose to get it in the future, since you would already own the car.

It's my personal favorite car to race against others with. The side by side action is just unmatched. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I will get just the one NSU then. It's a cute little car but will be shoved to the back of the cupboard once the likes of WTCC 15 are available.