News EASTER SALE - Friday 25th to Monday 28th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Blargh, did you purchase in-game or via browser?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And the DTM's isn't the easiest class to start with online. :)
    Really fast cars, with a lot of fast guys in MP!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    If you're buying in game, make sure that you have enabled Steam Overlay in order to complete the transaction.
    If you haven't, go into the Steam App and then select 'Steam/Settings/In Game' and tick the "Enable the steam overlay while in-game" box. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    bought last missing content.. buriram.
    still not sure if i ever going to drive on this track, because i dont have time to play until next week and then obv green hell only it will be

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they could postpone the Nords release so you will have time to race on Buriram for a while? :D

6. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Just what i was waiting for. Bang for the buck, spend about 4000 VRP's and left a 1000 in the wallet for an eventual ring purchase.
    You mean under purchased content in the store? I had the same just now not all the cars showing up there, but when i check in the car section of the store it says owned though. Haven't checked in game yet but i guess it will be ok.

7. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just do it. EVERYBODY who is afraid that they aren't good enough! JUST DO IT.

I was scared to death about multi-player racing. I practiced in SP mode for almost a year. But you can only learn so much by yourself.
    Do you ask yourself these questions?
    Will I get in the way? Yes, I have. a handful of times in the months I have been using MP.
    Will I crash into someone? yes, I have. People brake/drive differently than AI.
    Will I cause a crash? Yes, **edit* In a recent race, my spin took out 10 of 14 or so cars. :(
    Will I be harassed for being too slow? Yes. I have. in public MP. Only twice. 1 death threat and one troll - a troll 1 second faster than me (at that time according to the laptimes).

Join a club. A relaxed club - not one for pure competition. Fun first. We apologize for incidents and move on. We have really fast guys and really slow guys. I drive differently in those races because I want to have fun WITH THEM not against them. During that process you can learn alot. It's not a win at all costs mentality there. You don't disconnect just because you spun and are in last place. They have regular clinics for people wanting help. It's been so much fun, I'm driving/buying cars that I would have never even considered. NSUs is a great example. Hilarious fun.

Then progress to something more competitive (DTMs - my favorite series), if that's your thing.

One last thing. Give back to the community as you progress. Help the slower drivers if they ask or if you are in a position to offer a suggestion. I had someone tell me they drove their fastest laps while I was pressuring them. I was encouraging the person (over voip) while I was crowding him. "nice smooth driving" - I had no intention of passing, unless they made a mistake. Wanted to see if there was something I could help with because that person shows blinding speed at times and other times, they struggle. A friend helping a friend type of situation.

Don't we all at times? Sometimes that little bit of encouragement or help - is the difference between sticking with a game/sim or bashing it.

Just get out there and do it. You paid for these cars/tracks/services.....take advantage of them to get your money's worth. Most of all - please have fun. Fun includes laughter - not just 1st place.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 5
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  8. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I made 2 purchases. *edit* In game purchases do not work for me. Do not know why. I just get a greyed out screen with a spinning dial. I always buy through browser now so no big deal.

GT3 livery purchases made it, without having to buy vrp and then buying the liveries with the vrp.

2nd purchase, I thought I bought the German Nationals and X class cars. So at this point, I thought I owned all content except some liveries that don't appeal to me.....and that pink X class car.

I went in game - no access to those cars(?).

Went into the store, I had vrp in my account. Have never seen that before in all my previous purchases.
    845 vrp for about $10.00 USD? If that's about right, then I didn't purchase the cars twice.
    I just used the vrp to "re-buy" the cars.

put in a ticket just to be safe.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  9. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I've only had the game for about 4 months but have been unconfident about mp just for lack of seat time and wanting to get better in sp.. Hopefully willing to try it soon , so much to learn. Never even tried a pits top yet.:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Bought some cars (Ruf GTR3, BMW GT2, Radical and the Nissan GTR). Finally added Macau track too and spent most of the afternoon on it with my new cars.
    I regret not having bought it sooner ! Such a nice and demanding track.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I just realized I have almost everything I'm intrested in. I'll just complete my track collection and maybe add Corvette DP and Greenwood Corvette.

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, certainly looks like, for whatever reason, it didn't complete the purchase. It only did step one of two, which is buying those vRP needed for your purchase but then it didn't use those to make the actual purchase automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And I'm not sure if I haven't asked you already, but do you have the steam overlays enabled?
    2016-03-26_005212.jpg
    Cause those are essential for the authentication process when making purchases in-game and those not being enabled is usually the cause of it not working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah. I went through all that already with someone (maybe S3). The CS guys are rock stars! They need to be paid more too.

Oh - AUTHENTICATION!!! That's it!
    Steam keeps telling me I'm logging in from another machine??????
    Always asks me to put in some sort of code as a secondary verification? And I have to get that code from an email.
    I bet that is the problem. I don't know why it does that. Static IP, same old computer.....just a regular browser.....
    what a hassle. I hate to shut steam down because of it.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, I think it's that stupid Steam Guard thing that asks you to verify that you are you if you have accessed your steam account from a second IP. Could be that that's also needed then, good to know, thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    @higsy Here is some info you might be interested in.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-raceway-bridge-sunday-3rd-april-2016.119606/
    It's for people thinking about getting involved in MP racing. It's all FREE. Use your free car, the free track.......
    No need to be nervous. Make your mistakes here so someone can give you a hand.
    These guys are fantastic. :cool:

Best way to race with people, is to learn with other people. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I added Brands Hatch to my shopping cart too, but then I realised it was only the Indy layout, not the GP....!
    Are there plans to release that one too ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    No. No known plans.

19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Let's try and crowd fund it. Who's in? :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I just got Spa, Suzuka and the Ford GT GT3... and I can't believe I did wait so long for it!!!
    :D

• Like Like x 2