Released GTR3 Class Update - March 2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 30, 2016.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Actually strange there is no announcement thread on the GTO update? Or am I blind

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    There isn't (unless it was done a while ago), but there's no guarantee of then being in this patch; if they are, I don't expect release to be instant by any means

3. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait to drive the Bentley, hopefully the red livery will be approved by Bentley - that looks awesome! RaceRoom is simply the best racing sim, I could list tons of points where it's clearly ahead of the competition! Given that Sector3 is a small studio this is even more remarkable!

But there is something I see increasingly critical:

A new car is added to a class...
    ...nice for the people who like it, because they have one more option to drive.
    ... if you don't like it, you still have to race against it. For some people (like me) this adds something negative to the experience because it doesn't fit in their point of view of how a race in that specific class should look like, which depends on what real life racing series they personally prefer.

Sim racing is about immersion. Not having a car in the game doesn't directly reduce the immersion, it just doesn't add to it. Having a car in the class which doesn't fit to your liking/favorite series hurts the immersion.

Does that make sense?

For example the Ferrari P4/5: I haven't seen this car in any of the GT3-series I've watched (mostly Blancpain GT, GT Masters, sometimes PWC and other multiple classes series form the US). Therefore, I don't want to race against it because it kind of breaks my immersion. The Camaro and the Mustang (in the future in GT3 too) are also cars, I don't see in those series in GT3 today; I see them competing with fitting specs in GT2. Many people will find similar examples for their own preferences, whatever they may be. Of course that also applies to fans of single car series.

An option to choose the opponent cars before a race would solve all this. A menu, like the one where you choose your own car, just for opponents and with enable/disable by clicking on a car.

... if you're a fan of the Porsche Carrera Cup -> only select the Porsche (the name RUF and minimal spec-differences aside)
    ... if you want a field of cars as close as possible to the 2015/1016 Blancpain GT Series -> select the Audi, BMW (only the Z4), MB, McLaren, Bentley, Porsche and Nissan (and not Ford's, Chevy's and the P 4/5)
    ... you don't like manufactures from a specific country, well ....

Not only would solve such an option the preference-related problems I've mentioned, it would also give endless possibilities to all player (whether or not they have a problem with some opponent cars)!

@J-F Chardon have you guys considered such an option? What do you think about that?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Kabuki101

Kabuki101 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thats what I also noticed some days ago. Either on hold or there will be maybe a nice surprise going on :)

5. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey up sir, I'm 100% in agreement with your point. However, whilst it's not coming with this patch, JF conformed in an interview with ISR (recently) that it is on the table as part of their plans for offline multiclass endurance racing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    This would be a great feature, but the GT3R class as a whole is fantastic!

7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we'll do a car filter this year.

• Like x 15
    • Winner x 4
    • Love it! x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
  8. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    You've done a lot of great things with this sim recently, but that sir, is one of the most welcome pieces of information in my little corner of the internet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    There seem to be lots of great things happening with R3E this year, think I made the right choice in picking this recently as my "go to" sim :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic news, but please, don't take all year! I won't be a happy bunny if you drop this feature around Christmas!

Edit - ...and please, not just a car filter but AI livery selection too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    This actually put a bigger smile on my face than the update did. Fantastic

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    This reminds me back in the days when my friends and i were waiting @ a gamestop midnight release, only difference this could be afternoon release. :D

13. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Any words about the price? :( I can only afford 10€...

14. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    My bet is you're in the clear then :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I can see that its better to purchase a VRPs on their web site but it seems I can't login with my account? Do I get some kind of a code if I purchase it as a guest and can enter it in the game?

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    So if my poor french (just saw your post there) got me right today will be server preparation/maintenance for the patch ?

17. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I asked that a way long time ago and I think that the answer was that you get a code to your email or account(?) that you have to fill in at game.raceroom.com (wich is down for maintenance at the moment) but i'm not 100% sure about this.

18. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The shop has its own account, not connected to your steam account.

Transfer of the vrp's from the shop to your R3E account is very easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It works just as you said :)

20. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    isn't this released too?