Released GTR3 Class Update - March 2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what I think of the new physics yet

2. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I really like the new physics, but one thing I find a bit strange is this huuuuge slipstream effect. Compared to what you can see in VLN and N24h it's too easy to pass on the straight even in a Z4 GT3. The other thing is that the AI doesn't use it.
    The rest is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the Z4. Felt really good. No feeling of floatiness anymore.

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree completely with this - the cars feel great but these effects are huge and very unfair when the AI can't take advantage of the same bonus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    What is the thought on the GT3 cars steering lock now maxed at 20? I usually set them at 30 with my Accuforce as 20 does not feel like enough to get the cars to turn in. Any devs/betas able to elaborate on this?

Also, I wasn't able to enter the GT3 competition (yes I bought Nords). I'd get a black overlay, where you normally select your difficulty, but it was not displaying properly, so I could not enter. Anyone else experience this bug?

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you were running with a lock of 30, something is wrong there. That is way, way, way too high for GT cars. Although you probably set your DoR to 900, so 30 lock makes sense. The GT cars are best when set to 540 degrees though, like they use in real life.

Currently, I use 540/15 for my steering settings and have absolutely no trouble making it around any corners. Even the hairpin at Hockenheim for instance. And this is coming from someone that used to use 540/23 in every GT car in every sim I drove.

540/15 seems to allow for more smooth inputs. Less jerky side to side movements in case I turn my wheel slightly too far mid corner... i wont suddenly lose it all.

Yes it takes a bit of time to get used to, but you can make it around corners just fine. I think part of the problem that people may be having related to steering is how aero is handled now. There were some solid improvements to prevent aero exploits to make the cars behave more realistically, and so the cars dont just stick to the road and turn in instantly when you move your wheel. You actually have to turn your wheel and take corners at proper speeds.

Give 540/15 a try for a few days and see how you adjust. And if you havent already, click the reset to default button in the car setup menu. Perhaps the settings have been updated but you are using an old setup which would feel different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply nate. I usually race with the stock setups, I normally don't tweak the car setups.

I do have my Accuforce setup to 900, so the 30 steering lock was ideal. I guess I'll have to adjust the DoR in SimCommander and play around.

I love all these updates, but I feel I have to relearn all the settings again between the FF on SimCommander vs the game.

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Having spent time now with the GT3 class after the update, I must say that Raceroom has made a tremendous step forward on the physics for this class. I would even dare to compare the level of agility and vividness to that of Assetto Corsa now, for GT3 class comparison I mean, and that really means something. Usually I give AC the edge over Raceroom regarding physics, only the classical touring cars and DTM92 cars I would have rated slightly better than the three cars that AC features from that era. But all in all, I think Raceroom'S GT3 cars now also have the edge over AC's GT3 cars, which seem to be more "stable" in AC, and by that less interesting (always referring to "green" tracks at around 15°, which is kind of my standard in AC). That's a very solid achievement!

9. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I can absolutely underline that! :)

10. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Excellent job sector3!!!! Gtr3 and gt3 really feel alive with the new tire, physics and ffb corrections\additions
    My sentimental favorite the camaro ŕeally is far more fun to thrash about now.
    As act more like real drivers to, though 2 things are strange now, the love to ram, and after fighting for position they drop of the pace too much. Not sure about the other classes, definitely the case with the gtr3 and gt3.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  11. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mr. Arthur
    Thank you;)
    2016 color little change

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  14. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    @nate - I tried adjusting both the DoR and steering lock as you mentioned (540/15) and both the gt3 cars and Radical felt much better. However, I the DTM92 (my fav in the game) feel best at 900/30. Is there a way I can save these settings for each group of cars or do I need one universal setting?

15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is something that RaceRoom should be able to do for you. The game should automatically take care of the rotation of your wheel. Perhaps there is a setting that you havent checked in your wheels software? To that point, may I ask what wheel you have?

I use a Logitech G27, so I could help you there if you have the same wheel.

R3E live logi profiler settings.PNG

This is the Logitech Profiler where I made a specific profile for R3E. At the bottom of that picture, you can see the checkbox titled, "Allow game to adjust settings." With this box checked, this allows the game to automatically adjust your wheel. So whatever steering rotation value is in the car setup menu, is what your physical wheel will copy.

Thrustmaster also has a 'control panel' similar to this I believe, but Im not sure if Fanatec has wheel software like this or if it is taken care of by accessing the settings that are physically on the wheel.

Once in the game, you can navigate to Options>Vehicle settings and there is another option in there titled something like, "Match virtual wheel to car setup" and if you select yes, the virtual wheel will automatically match the rotation that is used in the car setup menu.

This may have been an overly lengthy explanation, but it should be relatively easy to setup, and once it is, each cars steering rotation will automatically change, and be saved individually so you dont have to set it manually each time you use a different car. :)

Cheers

Edit: Oh, and a quick word about the Radical. It was developed to use 360/10 for its steering ratio. This worked just fine for me in testing at just about every track, but if that is too low for you, feel free to adjust it like you already have. Who knows, you may like this ratio a bit better.

16. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Makes sense @nate , thanks for taking the time to help.

I'm using an Accuforce so I have the DoR set inside SimCommander to 900. Do I understand you correctly that if I can find a setting to "allow game to adjust settings", then all I need to do is set the proper steering ratio and all will be adjusted and corrected?

I thought the "match virtual wheel to car setup" was just a visual pairing, not an adjustment of the actual rotation.

I'll give the Radical a shot at 360/10...but this plays into my point that this should be setup automatically, no? And to my earlier point, does this mean if I have the wheel set to "allow game to adjust settings" than all I need to do with the Radical is set the ratio to 10 and then the DoR would automatically be 360?

17. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I hope sector 3 make finaly a vln skinpack with real (RINGMEISTERS) drivers names..Alzen, Christian Menze.. Sabine Smits..Rene Rast..Frank Stippler.. I cross my fingers :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I imagine it theoretically should work that way. Although I am not familiar with the Accuforce Sim Commander software at all, and dont know if there is an option like that.

Currently, I dont believe there is an official default profile for the Accuforce, meaning the wheel isnt fully supported at this time. That may simply mean this function of automatically adjusting the wheel rotation based on the default settings in the car menu may not work properly. You may be forced to adjust your steering rotation in Sim Commander each time you want to use a car with a different DoR.

You are correct, this is a visual setting only and has no impact on the DoR of your actual wheel. Some people like you have the virtual wheel ON while driving, so I included that info. Disregard though if you turn the virtual wheel OFF in game.

Yeah, with my G27, this is all automatic. The radical should be set to 360/10 by default, and then if I switch to a GT3 car in a session immediately after, the rotation will be at the default of 540/13 (I changed this to 540/15 based on personal preference). Likewise if I then switch to a DTM 92 car, it will already automatically be set at 900 degrees.

This may just be an aspect of using a non-fully supported wheel at this time... but I do believe Sector3 is in the process of getting their hands on an Accuforce so they can officially add full support so these issues go away. Of course, this may take a while to support, but I believe it is in the pipeline.

There are a few other users on this forum that have an Accuforce as I recall, so perhaps they will see this and share some insight if they know of a proper solution/workaround. I believe @Blanes has an Accuforce. Mind sharing if you have any suggestions here?

Cheers guys

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Man, I am an F-ing mess in the new gtr 3 cars....good god. I just don't know...

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you have reset setup to default as well as steering settings (also in car setup) to make sure you don't have some old stuff being applied.