English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I spun Laz on my out lap from the pits.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Gents, Sorry I missed the race and didn't let you know. Some family stuff came up really fast and I didn't get the chance.

3. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I fell asleep and missed the race completely :( sorry for that guys ill aim for the next round!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Gday all, recently I was honored to be asked by the founding members of ESR to join the admin team, which I accepted......without a second thought.:D

As part of my newly found title I have also taken on the role of Chief Steward, as some of you already know I believe that the rules that govern real motorsport should stand within our sim racing. As Chief Steward I will be laying out a set of racing rules for the ESR league championships based heavily on the FIA governing rules in the next week, which will come into force from the commencement of the next championship. But this doesn't mean that the rules of good racing etiquette and sportsmanship should be ignored, and I would hope that all members who take part in the ESR races abide by, and conduct themselves accordingly, and in the name of good sportsmanship.

At this point there are a few things that have been brought to my attention regards some unsportsman like behavior in Saturdays Nurburgring event.
    It has been pointed out that there has been cases of "Excessive Blocking", and based on the current FIA rules you are permitted to move only "once" to block an opponent on any given part of the track from passing you.
    After viewing footage, there was an incident were a driver blocked a passing maneuver by squeezing the attacking driver over to the right of the track, to the point the attacking driver, to avoid contact, ended up with both right hand wheels on the grass, causing him to back off the loud pedal, which give the defending driver a distinct advantage. This type of behavior is unacceptable and will be penalised in the future, it is un-sportman like, and could of resulted in the attacking driver losing control and ending his race. It is also quite possible that if the "squeezing off track" had not occurred, the attacking driver may of made the pass successfully, and gained the position.
    "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

Another point I would like to make, is regarding lapped drivers, as a lapped driver it is your responsibility to be aware of faster cars coming up behind you. The fact the RRE "doesn't" have a blue flag system in place to warn you of faster cars approaching makes it even more difficult to know when they are close and about to pass you.
    I would ask all drivers to pay more attention to their mirrors, this is more so directed at the slower guys who tend to frequent the rear of the field, this includes myself.

As a suggestion to the less experienced drivers, If you look at the pic below you can see in the bottom right there is the position bar, set this to "Car Ahead/Behind," I think it's pretty self explanatory. But it will let you see if an opponent is gaining on you rapidly, alerting you to the fact a faster car is approaching quickly and that you need to keep an eye on your mirrors, and be prepared to be passed, or give racing/passing room.

[​IMG]

In the same breath, the front runners need to be aware that the guys at the rear of the field may not be race seasoned, and to be a little cautious when lapping back markers.

I do hope that all drivers will take the above on board, as it will make my job easier, and keep you from getting an infringement and potentially penalised, which none of us want to see happen.

Thanks for taking the time to read this epic post.:p

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Well, I made it through both races without getting kicked from the server. Although I did get kicked in practice...odd.

That is a pretty fun track, two long straights, lots of flowy corners. When you hit it right its nice and easy when you don't its a lot of work.

First race went ok, was fun, but I kept making mistakes when I had some players behind me so I was never going to catch up with the front runners. I drilled @MeMotS at one point in a moment of stupidity on T1. I missed my brake point and locked up to skid into him

Second race I got into some traffic and I am pretty sure no one hit me, but my car just sort of went weird ...can't figure out how. curb maybe. Ran some decent laps, but too inconsistent and but was too far behind to catch up.

Good fun thanks all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    No worry man. we had a bump earlier too.
    Door to door fighting is awesome. I would like to give thumbs up to Monds (@Clapper) on this. He was a bit faster than me ( do you ever make a mistake !!!?) but i defended within what is usually acceptable and he didn't try anything too daring and we ended up having quite good race all the way to the end. We did bump at some point after a mistake of mine ( one of the many ) he ran into my bumper cause i was going way too slow at that point ( my front tires were done by then ) , but no harm done, we continued on to the finish line together :)

Edit added : I do have one complaints though, 3 time during the races i got issue with passing a car that was being lapped and it costed me each time and one of those instances in race 2 it cost me the lead to Magnus ( yes he was way faster and probably would have taken it at some point but still )
    Now with that said i am sure i am not the only one who experienced this, so we need to do better.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I was a mess when you guys were behind me...it was embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind one particular thing with this cars...

Sometimes you know you're way faster than the guy in front and there's a point when you can be sure you'll pass him in the exit of the next turn but you can't... because he's actually trying to control his car, not necessarily "blocking". ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I had a nightmare in front of you, I lost control of my car and I almost took you out as you passed on the inside....just terrible driving on my part.

10. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    No worries, I could see your "suffering" ha ha. Still, you managed to end 9-10 sec ahead of me :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    No :) Seriously, I focus on stable/consistent lap times.

12. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    fun race - several parts where there were 5 or 6 cars within a second and everyone handled themselves well - some minor fender rubs out of corners but no heavy contact - perfect TC/DTM racing IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I started a thread here regarding a Blue & Yellow flag system including a poll to judge if RRE need to implement one asap. Personally I think it's well overdue.
    So pop over to cast your vote and express your opinion, can only help let S3S know we feel it's needed for leagues. :)

Cheers

14. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    This is a great idea. Actually I’m surprised it’s not a part of the game already. I’d like to see the officials on track side, but depending on peoples’ graphical power an onscreen indicator would work. A choice of AI or human pace car driver would be an awesome addition too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Flag rules are a feature that the entire community have been asked and hammered for a very looooooooong time. Not sure if I remember correctly but I kind I've read somewhere that they were going to release a very basic Blue Flag... but so far no news about the yellow ones (and safety car too)...

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Replay for round 4 Race 1

Race two the recording computer crashed ......
    We might have something coming up soon™ to replace the usual director view, we'll see™ right @::SKRO:: ?

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
  18. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    snorisring next. Should be door to wall fun!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS that broadcast mode video is fantastic

20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    ...as well as the background music from the main menu!
    ::facepalmtree::

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1