Released Formula RaceRoom Junior

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 11, 2016.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan
    Notice that track is damp in video you posted.
    This one is in full sun and it's way less tail-happy, but still more than FR Junior

But like I said earlier - it's most likely due to slick tires instead of grooved (which is a bit shame).

I gave it another try and it starts to become really fun car once you start pushing. Tried it on Brands Hatch and Zandvoort and it's really cool. Especially braking to Mclaren corner is crazy with all those bumps.

But you should consider lowering default fuel amount, because those 40L really hurt it and it almost make me skip this one after checking it in Test Drive.

And well played Sector 3 with those AI names - McClain, Reese, Foley, Riggs, Bickle, Durden, Montana, Bauer, Callahan :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I want to drive FR Junior like in this video :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Nice driving and good video

Thanks for share this :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    No problem. First time i'm watched this video, i think this instructor is absolutely crazy man :)

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not saying it should be like the Formula Vee, just saying it isn't like the Formula Vee.

I guess some are expecting it to drive more like that (or a Skip Barber). Different cars to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I'm tempted to get this, the last formula release was really good, but just like the audi tt, I feel no one will be racing it online after a day or two :( Which sucks because I like the cars.

7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yup frankly I was expecting super fast handling....being ignorant to both the real thing and the class in general..

Rude awakening....I just tried one out and it will take some getting used to for sure. I like the stiff steering feel....this will be a fun challenge to tame. The clutch work feels different too.

8. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    just bought it and did my first practise session at Norisring.

Norisring + this car = :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Awesome ride! Just did a quick practice session at laguna seca. Ai at 95% , maybe because I have been using the dtm 92 the last few days, but these cars just click for me. Good grip, you can finesse them about.
    I purchased the nsu and the tt at the last sale, each are fun cars, but they do not compare to what these are.
    Think I'll get plenty of use outta that 3.36 usd
    Thanks sector3

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I like that you can race these cars close and not spin out. My first exit from the pit I touched an AI car's tires and there was a loud squealing sound. During an online race I was able to lap a Fjr slightly touching tires (was he trying to block me? :)) and there was good amount of squealing. It's been eventful so far!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. LightningGuat

LightningGuat Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ran two races at Sonoma in 'em. first race i pushed and went off, paid the price. second time around had a blast and close racing. these cars are a blast!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I normally set the steering lock to 13 for most cars with my XBox 360 controller, but think it perhaps needs to be a little different for this car, does anyone find they need to change the steering lock for this car differently from what they use for, say, GT3 cars?

13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    That's why I bought it! As a car to learn on, are the default car settings the best ones to use, or should I change these to something else? If so, what?

14. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I used the default value of 10 and found it to be good. I have raced at laguna seca and salzburg and had no issues with either of the tracks.

Hth
    Rich

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, may leave at 13 for now then. BTW the default steering lock for the 360 controller is 8, which is way too low for any car, I've reported this and apparently is being looked into - it makes Test Driving cars very difficult, as you can't change the steering lock in that mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm really love this car :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Gotta push it to the limits to get that real twitchy feel of a open wheeled wingless car, great for new and old drivers, easy and comfortable til pushed to extremes, enjoy this car very much, bliinder S3!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Carried this spider on inline-skates :) out on the Nordschleife, and found that combo to be one of the most pleasing ways to enjoy both that track and that car.

Also found that on some tracks END key for swithcing cameras TV-Action-Helicopter-Static works on some tracks, on some not. A complete list would be nice. I hereby confirm it to be working on Nord Classic (from old box at T13 to old box at T13).

And a lil' detail I so far have not noticed, I think: trees are slowly, gently moving. :)

With this nice open-wheeler which I like more than the Formular R2 - that I already was enjoying a lot -, I wonder what they will do with the Tatuus, which is a real car and finds a direct competitor in AC. Sector3 really have thrown a gauntlet into the ring there - and the Formular Junior shows that they mean it serious. :D If their simulated Tatuus does for the Tatuus what FR did for their disguised modelling of the Formula Ford, then it must be extremely good.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird Paul Ricard, Spa, Chang and Nordschleife has those new cam groups.

Those moving trees are in R3E since... forever. First time I noticed them on Lakeview Hillclimb :p

20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    These cars and Brands Hatch Indy are a perfect match.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1