Forza 6 APEX

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gp20, Apr 8, 2016.

1. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I think it will use DX12.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    that's right. Apex will use dx12

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Where is the discussion? Its revealed by Microsoft that it uses DX12.

4. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    More to come on Apex.

5. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Now i get it, its a general APEX thread, sry I am pretty new to this forum stuff.

I think it may become my favourite " i have 20min freetime / 2 lazy 2 mount my wheel" racing game :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The track looks georgous. The light, the light... :)

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    FM6A definitely looks the part, from a graphical stand point but what about the physics? I haven't touched a Forza title since FM3 on the 360 (a friends, not mine. Sony forever! :p), anyway, based on that, it was Simcade (Same as GT before anyone starts calling me a troll lol) which was probably down to the hardware it was made for.
    Has anyone had experience with FM6 on the XB1? What are the physics on that like and will it be the same for Apex?

Also, the rain effects in the vids I've seen could do with a little work (the drops not the track).

8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I've been thinking of upgrading to Win 10 for this one, but I'm not sure whether all my old games like GTR2 and NR2003 will work properly.

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    GTR2 definitely still works properly but I have no idea about NR2003, don't even know what it is to be honest :D

10. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It looks like what it should look like, I think. Clean, low flickering (maybe down to the video quality) and smooth. And there were no 'special effects' that just use performance and mess up the game like in pCars (darker cockpit view for example).

I don't know how such a car should behave, but it felt a bit swimming in the video and very easy to catch at points where it should result in a spin, but this can be related to some assits that can be disabled. My biggest problem with Forza in general could be the very slow steering I experienced in FM5.

11. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    GTR2 works fine for me, didn't even had to set any compatibility settings. I also have the widescreen UI mod installed and have patched the Steam version of the game so the Porsche and Ferrari cars display properly. All seems to work. I think I may have had to tell the system to use my laptop's Nvidia GPU for the game, as am not sure that the Optimus switching from the integrated Intel GPU was working, but it's working fine with the Nvidia GPU now.

To be honest I've had less game compatibility issues with Windows 10 than I had with Windows 8.1!

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Don't. Troubles for you. Rewards and Getaways for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Nothing wrong with Windows 10. Do it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    You can turn off the reporting back stuff and Windows 10 is only free for a few months longer. I'd recommend a clean install rather than upgrading in-place, though

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    In the end there is no difference between the legendary and glorious clean install and an upgrade. And for the windows 10 activation it is necessary to upgrade an activated windows 7/8.1 as far as I know.

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    When I tried an upgrade from Win 8 it broke my networking. Worked fine with a clean install and I was able to activate it using my Win 8.1 licence code

17. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oh... Okay. I did not have any troubles upgrading many computers...

18. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Ugh the engine sound in that video. :( Looks good visually but why am I getting a "grid autosport" vibe, hope I'm wrong.

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    We're spoiled by the sounds in RaceRoom, every else sounds bad in comparison!

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. marshma11ow8

marshma11ow8 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The FM6 physics are absolute rubbish.
    Once you change the crap default setups you can adapt but it's very hard to tell if you have traction or not often resulting in you spinning half way around the world. Also you only need 1/3 breaking force to lock your wheels so it's difficult to gauge optimum breaking.

The slow steering problem is solved by changing the steering setting to "simulation" - don't use a controller in this mode or you'll die. having it in simulation mode makes using a wheel feel rather good with low latency.

If you want realistic sounds don't even bother getting it because it's shit for a better word. I was looking forward to the formula e cars. No. I think a 2 year old crying would be a more accurate representation of the electric engine

• Funny Funny x 1