Forza 6 APEX

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gp20, Apr 8, 2016.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So, I had a quick go with this this evening (11/05/16), first impressions?

Arcade

Physics are awful, audio is awful and the music lol, arcade.
    OK, so I know it's a beta, it doesn't have wheel support and it will improve etc but lets face it, it's never going to be a sim, it's pick up and play at best.

That's not to say it isn't fun though, considering I used a keyboard, it was actually fairly entertaining :)

On to the best part.

Graphics, after finding my way through the "Dynamic" (here on known as automatic) settings and finding out how to turn them off, I set them to highest/ultra and went to Spa in the wet in a Jag XKR, I'm not going to lie, I was expecting a slideshow on my hardware (specs in my sig), I got a message warning me about low graphic memory but, I was also in a resolution above 1080p, 2K I think.
    It looked stunning, if your a graphic whore, you'll love it, it really does look the part, maybe even comparable to pCars wet weather or DriveClub, more shockingly though, it ran smooth for me....

I know... I wasn't expecting that either.

Anyway, if you have a DX12 capable GPU, FM6 Apex is live and free on the windows store, worth having a look at even if it's just to take some nice photos in :)

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Lol... If this is arcade what´s Mario Kart or Need for Speed then ?

Forza 6 Apex Beta | Chevrolet Corvette C7.R @ Sebring International Raceway

3. D.J.TUNING

D.J.TUNING New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion Forza might be good, but for now it's only awesome about quality and experience of driving in rain. Honestly I expected classic cars from Europe (Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II, C63 AMG etc) and Asia (for example Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, Lancer EVO VI etc) so car list for me is only "ok". Also I have some issues with loading (Forza fails to load race randomly or freezes) from time to time... so overall this game got potential and might win with NFS and other racing games BUT only if devs will fix all issues, add more cars from console version and... car customization:>

4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW one interesting thing I discovered about Forza Apex is that it supports the haptic "Impulse Triggers" on the XBox One Controller (including the XBox One Elite Controller) for the brake and throttle, which helps to give a much greater sense of control of these controls. As far as I'm aware Forza Apex is the only PC racing sim/game that supports Impulse Triggers - have Microsoft not made this functionality available to other developers?

5. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Works better with 8 Gb but still some micro lags with max settings due probably to my CPU.
    Lot of aliasing in 1080p on a 2 meter base screen.

6. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I tried the game today and... It felt awful in many ways. At first, the sound... was somewhat flat, not pushing. Then, the car's behaviour, physics, steering... Inaccurate, floating, disconnected from the road. The graphics seemed to be okay but nothing special. I don't like the game.

7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Forza 6 Apex Beta | Ferrari 458 Italia GTE @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Wish we had the Ferrari 458 (and 488) in R3E!

9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Why is the sound off sync?

10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    ?

It´s in sync on my side.

11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    LOL
    Bloody Bluetooth... Sorry! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0

Hey!The Honda just got some company...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Forza 6 Apex | Singleplayer Race | Pagani Zonda Cinque @ Brands Hatch

14. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I finally decided to cave in and try this out. It's... no I guess I am past my Forza days. 2 laps on Sebring in a Camaro and some fooling around in the rain on Brand's just left me with a feeling of mediocrity. The graphics are nice, especially the rain, but nothing spectacular. IMHO the latest Need for Speed looks better.

Cars don't seem to have any damage, but worse... The racing is kind of boring. AI are slow, dumb and are just there so you could bump into something, you would think this would have improved since like 6 year ago when I last played a Forza game. No penalties, no racing feel. Something like the Grid games have that in heaps, with flags waiving, people cheering and so on. The worst thing though is the handling. Yeah it's Forza like a remembered from part 4, only with more understeer. That Camaro should be fun to drive, it should be slidy, it should be wild, while it's just slow, predictable and boring. It's impossible to do a power over drift, you need to use that handbrake, and once you are there sliding, there is no control with the throttle cause the revs drop. It's all probably because you cannot mess around in the setup too much, at least with that Camaro. That's on simulation physics BTW.

I have waisted 30 minutes of my life on this, only to remember that the good part about Forza, was building my own drift-spec Chevelle and shredding the Kaido. No Kaido here, no Chevelle, no upgrades.

Bonus points, I have seen complaints from console players with regards to the AI in CARS and Assetto... They have to be kidding, the worst states of the AI in those games were miles better than the console flagship offers.

I guess the appeal would be the car roster (in the full game at least), but I think I'm spoiled by PC sims - taking the Greenwood Vette for a spin around the Nords in Raceroom can be exhilirating, taking the Camaro (one of my favourite cars) out on Sebring was just meh.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Did any of you figure out how to make this work on any other resolution than 1920x1080 ? I'm trying to do (2560x1080)

16. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Enable DSR in the Nvidia driver...

17. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    suched for the Fov Settings. Failed hard;D