News Important Change is Coming. Please Read

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes it`s more easy then you thought. Maybe next month they upgrade to dx12.

(irony)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't overinterprete those statements. He just said it's easy to import things they already have and play around with it, like car models.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem with the Login on my side. Maybe it was just temporarly and works again know?

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    My guess is S3 will release a separate game with the Unreal engine eventually. It's just my opinion, but I don't think switching the graphic engine would be so... financially rewarding in an F2P game. I mean it's not an easy and quick task, someone has to pay for their work, right?:D

5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    "Everything that was challenging on the current engine we are working on feels so easy on you know Unreal." - JF. Also went on to mention weather plugins, and how the current content is easy to import.

Yes, one shouldn't make too much of it, but the ISR interview highlighted and had S3 stating that the current engine is dated, needs to go and currently adds to the workload rather then helps it. If it's Unreal or something else doesn't matter all that much, heck for 2016 they could stop doing anything and R3E would still be a good title. But if the idea is to stay competitive next year and the years after that, staying on what is already dated tech is a bad idea. Those of us rooting for Unreal do so because S3 have confirmed current content works in it, boot up a kickstarter like Reiza did if that's what it takes but future proof the product. Do something in connection with E3 when people in general are hyped about gaming news. Let's not be luddites. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    All fair points, just saying, wouldn't expect too much in the near-ish future and certainly not this year. Probably not next year either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I have quite a different opinion on that. As R3E had a struggeling start in the beginning, the switch to a new engine could have a big marketing effect and might open the door again for those who stopped playing R3E after the first year. Using a well known engine like Unreal or Crytek would have an "aha"-effect, too as those and their capabilitys are well known through all gamers and not only Sim-Racers... that could be more financially rewarding than starting a new product where existing R3E-Users had to invest their money again...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Its just June and I believe in your team. :D If you finish transition in September, you dont need to wait until end of the year... Feel free release it earlier. :sweatsmile:

(yes I saw irony in bracket,lol)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The game even has flag system or manual pits... Unreal

10. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    No, still no login from the browser.
    Yesterday I had a loginscreen in the game for the first time. I entered the credentials there and it worked.
    Strange I am the only one...

11. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Oh software development... where have I heard that before... :p

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  12. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Can we at least get the new GT3 cars? and i am not talking about Lambo's and Ferrari's, but just the ones we already have coming and some we are missing news/updates (Mercedes AMG and Audi R8 LMS (2016)), too much for a Xmas wish~~? :oops:

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I wonder when it happened that this thread turned into a cars/features whishlist thread... :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Since everyone change the subject to a game engine, then another fool (me) will add something else:D.. Sorry, i should have use the Kappa face :rolleyes:

This is a "Player Account login" thread people! lol;)

15. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    BIG NEWS PLEASE;)

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't putting a time schedule on migration was just making the point that S3 aren't standing still and although a small development team they're still looking into moving the Sim on and not just treading water pumping out content as implied by a few.
    The next generation of GPU's will force all developers to move on in the visual department or go by the wayside. Nvidia's new 1080/70 will calculate your triple screen perspective for you, so should a small developer spend time adapting their s/ware when in the very near future it will all be sorted by the GPU and drivers?
    Getting back on topic I've found if you have a problem logging in (because it's asking for login details then not accepting) just keep trying, usually works on 3rd or 4th attempt for me, hopefully in very near future the only login probs will be when Steam f***s up which, surprisingly is rare these days.
    Mr Spooner, every thread turns into a wishlist via business model via features via blah, blah, blah, we are all rebels, we don't follow the rules laid down by the man, we waffle for waffle's sake! :p

• Like Like x 4
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Didn't think you did, just adding some good old German pragmatism before others might get too excited.
    The joys of being a buzzkill... :nomouth:

18. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    While GPUs and CPUs do move forward, it's always important to consider and remember that most people don't upgrade right away or even frequently. Just look at Steam's hardware survey statistics for GPUs: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Most of them are DX12 compatible, but the 3rd most common video card is an 'old' 750 ti and the 4th and 5th are on-board intel chips (Only 1 of which is DX12). It's very easy to lose sight of what the average video game player has when you have a nice system and setup and make assumptions based on that, it's something we all easily fall into, but it's important to temper those ideas with reality whenever possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I have a 750M, and R3E will run at a solid 900p60 on medium, with 95 cars on Nords. RF2 depends on the car (and still looks worse than R3E), and I can't even get Dirt Rally to hit 60 fps even at 1366x768. Don't have my hopes up for PCars/AC. So I'm pretty happy with how R3E is right now!

20. [E.S.R]_DucSnoopy

[E.S.R]_DucSnoopy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    How do you join and be right with you, because buying its steam account with the pc to a former pilot R3E but impossible to change the nickname he was called xxAguaresXX Btw are veiled account, I could change the account name but its not Appear in the URL remains toujour his mark xxAguaresxx
    but that was to create with their account steam which I could all change.
    So how to connect two Compes as you want?
    thank you in advance DucSnoopy