Released GTR2 Pack & American Track Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The price of the pack should reflect content already owned due to the way linked discounts work. My issue is I own three quarters of the content yet the pack is only half price. Anyway, never mind. I own nearly everything else, this is the only pack that has made me question the pricing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I also think this pack is too expensive. And I think that a business model based on creating cars and more cars is not viable in the long term; in my case with GT3 and DTM I have all the categories I want.

I don´t think I spend more money on anything other than tracks and online championships. I think most of those who played R3E want to compete in races not collect cars.

Sorry if my words sound harsh, English is not my thing. It's just a personal opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Just to make a decent comparison. I went back to my purchase history and DTM 1992 was 999 vrp.
    So i got 5 cars and a bunch of liveries for 999 vrp. ( 200 vrp each cars and it includes all the liveries(25 ))
    Right now for the Gt2 pack since i already own two cars and purchased 3 extra liveries in the past
    I get 2 cars and a bunch of liveries for 930 vrp. ( 465 vrp each cars and it includes all the liveries(36 liveries since i already own 3 of the 39))

I know the amounts of liveries available in totals for each class are not the same but i don't care that much for liveries( even if i do purchased some from time to time ), i only care about the cars. So that price to me is not right.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  4. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I was a bit surprised when the total came up. I already owned everything except the Caddy and Vette so I was expecting a 600-700vrp price. Considering I got the hillclimb and dtm 92 pack for less than this it was a bit disappointing. I generally defend the pricing structure here based on past purchases but I can see where some people are coming from now.

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing the pack discounts are an automatic calculation, so I think the price is just representing the number of available liveries, even though you can't race against all of them at once at the moment.

6. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Including a bunch of liveries, many which are very similar, is driving the price up of the "pack". But no one is twisting my arm to buy everything ("pack"). All I needed was the Cadi plus an extra livery - 348 vrp or so - done! Now racing...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    the price might not "feel right" but chances are if you owned the liveries that would be taken into account. check out how much they cost. you might be surprised. its a lot. no it doesnt "feel right" to me either but that doesnt mean youre not getting a discount, youre just not getting the discount the way you want it.

i get what you guys are saying but i repeat, if you own a car or two, you have the option to pay for just the cars, no liveries, and you will get the same "content".

or another way of looking at it might be to say, the pack's savings offers [roughly, this is just an example] the liveries for free over what the normal cost would be. thats where the high cost compared to other packs is coming. these cars have been out for awhile, the liveries have been out for awhile, so all content is valued equal. it doesnt matter that YOU (and me as well) dont view liveries as being fair value or w/e. if liveries are worth $7.00 for one car, how many of them you own etc is presumably taken into account. most of us dont own any or hardly any.

sure i WISH it was cheaper but i dont understand ppl complaining about not having a couple cars. if you want those cars you can still get them for like $7 or something. and seriously ppl a week ago ALL CONTENT WAS HALF OFF. theres no excuse for anyone on this board to be crying they dont want to pay for a car. if packs fairly take into account owned content, you'd know that getting the car at half off was a good deal...

im really not saying this stuff to be a kissass i just dont feel like the pricing is understood. sorry i come off grouchy as i literally just woke up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    exactly, thank you :D

9. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    the track markers are still there if enabled in the settings but they are only in the older tracks. All new tracks don't have them anymore.
    As for the Caddy AI I have no idea! :confused:

10. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Mr.nate and Mr.heppsan and Mr.GroovyMotion
    I am weak in English
    Please forget my question

11. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
  12. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mr.GroovyMotion
    thank you;)

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Feel it is a touch expensive.... I passed. Not sure the price point to make me buy, but I have the BMW and ruf.... A few liveries as well. ~999 vrp for me for 2 cars. I love liveries but a bit too pricy for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I had all of the other cars and liveries, so for me it was only 420 Vrps.
    But for others I can understand the point.
    Maybe they shouldn't have brought so many liveries to the pack (many with the same looks other than the numbers), making it more pricey..

But my problem now is that with so many cars and liveries, it would be needed to be able to custom pick which cars and liveries we want to race in the championships! (Just the way we go in to choose which tracks, we could have the ability to hand pick the opponents, probably some work needed for this, but would be soo sweet!!)
    Just started a championship, and there was only 4 Rufs, 4 Corvettes and 4 Cadillacs.
    The rest was BMW!!.. . :(

And why not make multi class available while you're at it. ;)

Otherwise, love the pack!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I made
    I made a similar point in a different thread a few weeks ago. I haven't driven r3e for a while now, as I find the lack of progress in improving the core elements of the game, while relentlessly adding new cars, has put me off. I check back now and again to see if anything's changed, but it hasn't.
    I mean, all this fuss over one car, and not even a prestigious one at that.
    I looked at the New championship mode, but it's so basic, I wonder how on earth it took so long to implement. @pixeljetstream's version did exactly the same job and yet. I bet it didn't take him 6 months to code it.
    It's a shame, as this game had much promise, but the devs seem to be caught up in a relentless drive to add more content, without adding value in the form of a fully featured sim. :-(

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @nickh158 there is a lot more than you don't see that is in the works. I'd rather having to test new things in order to make sure that they are stable as opposed to major studios releasing buggy releases or add-ons and yet they have tons and tons of millions of $ to spend!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I disagree
    The games has been improving steadily for a while now. It never felt this good. And new contents makes new customers and keep them interested in checking it, It also keeps the flow of money and interest ( for the current user base ) going.

Seriously if you actually think the game did not improve since last year there is something wrong with your settings or something.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  18. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    wow, thats for a feeling to drive. :sunglasses: And this with only a Logitech DFGT wheel.
    Fantastic work, so must a SIM.

THX so much!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The free-to-play business model relies on frequent content releases to feed it. Like it or not, it's just something we have to accept.

Besides, like most devs Sector3 will have teams working on different aspects of the game so it's not as if they have gone 'all in' on content production.

I do agree that many core features of the game are taking much longer than I had hoped but as long as we get them in the end I'm happy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im a bit curious what kind of core features you guys think are missing. This game is actually fairly well featured to me, and certainly offers competitive racing all around.

If you are talking about things like flags, weather, fuel usage, hardcore simulation of car systems (oil temps, water temps, brake temps, etc.), much more robust setup options, mixed class racing, ability to hand pick cars for races, things like that...

Well, Im not sure what is on the horizon. To me, a few of those are more like wishlist items than things that are necessary to race.

I also think progress is being made fairly well. I've really only been privy to this game since the Sector3 change from SimBin, but since then, the updates are fairly robust, and certainly improve the game quite a lot.

Im always happy with more content. I never think that is a bad thing. A game like this, will never have too much content and reach a level like GT/Forza, simply because these cars feel different from each other. To make unique and proper physics that arent all the same takes a lot of time and fine tuning. With a small team that is certainly a challenge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2