Released GTR2 Pack & American Track Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    What I really miss since the beginning is fuel and caster settings in the setup. Even more since we have WTCC with FWD cars I need caster to control the amount of lift off oversteer.

And the ability to save/load setups to/from a file. <-- This is a basic in my book.

And still the AI sometimes being several seconds slower than me in free practice has no problem in bumping into me and deliberately pushing me off the track just after I overtook them in a clean way. Go ask Geoff Crammond. The AI from GP3/4 was by far the best I ever saw in any racesim. And when I say by far, I mean by very far. By a huge margin. Yes!

These are the points that really annoy me sometimes. And setups and AI are core features for me. Has nothing to do with content in general or the GTR2 pack in particular, which I bought and I'm fine with it. Just telling you to keep my post on topic... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    That's not really fair, there is a big difference, I was able to work "unconstrained", use whatever programming language I wanted, only had to think of someway to present the results (generate HTML), and do a little parsing of the race files. That is very different from actually integrating something "properly" within a given system (or extending that system...), having UI interaction... All these "simple" things add up. We know s3s has more people on the content creation front than programmers, and are actively recruiting and seeking help, but that takes time (from own experience, even for big known tech companies getting developers & engineers is not an instant).

Also agree that constant content release is important, it is what people actually pay money for after all. No one will pay money for features, they just get added and are part of the core technology. And we already saw some cool feature work in progress, like the new transmission model and so on. Small developers are often driven by passionate people, and those don't just say "oh let's ignore features, only put out content packs".
    Patience is tough if you enjoy something, and always feel like a "little bit" is missing to greater joy ;) but well it's always gonna be like that hehe, and it's exactly the same situation for the developers themselves.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much Sector3 Studios … I found my new favorite car :) … it’s so much fun to drive … I love it!
    bmw-team-ptg-23-4196-image-full.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Even if it is right for Devs to stay away from opinionated posts, they surely will be influenced by the vibes the community spreads - simply said : Good vibes -good results. In your case nickh, as it is not the first time I see harsh complaints from you, I really do ask myself if it is about something personal as well....I don`t care - but I like to differ between sober criticism/feedback expressed in an appropriate way related to something I like to be advanced or pouring personal issues into the mix ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Had some fun with the GT2 cars today....ruf is brutal at times!

I will say a lot of the liveries in the pack are excellent, but similar liveries(simple color swaps) should be very cheap imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Sean Kenney Yup the Ruf can be brutal but I like the progress of the GTR2 class in the past month!
    @Patrick Schilhan It's definitely a nice car to have in our garage :)

7. euphoreon

euphoreon New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Similar liveries should just be bundled together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Good vibes??? Are you kidding, right?
    BTW, your post sounds very personal.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. mikey james

mikey james Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    You should try the game sometime. And i dont mean the free cars;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    hello
    single race of AI 10 cars
    I play five times
    1time・・・0 car Cadillac
    2time・・・0 car Cadillac
    3time・・・0 car Cadillac
    4time・・・0 car Cadillac
    5time・・・0 car Cadillac
    I want to play with Cadillac
    sorry bad English

11. Winpoks

Winpoks Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    With full grid we have it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. coolcool

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mr Winpoks
    full grid ok
    thank you very much

13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Did you buy the Cadillac and/or other cars?

If you have bought it, there's a 1/4 chance of one being in a 10 car race (assuming you aren't driving one), but if you haven't bought it (but own the other cars) the odds are somewhat lower than that.

14. coolcool

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mr.Rodger Davies
    thank you
    I bought American Track Pack and GTR2 Pack

15. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Then it's selecting 10 at random from a pool of the 38 remaining skins apart from the one you have chosen. As there are 'only' 4 Cadillacs, the odds are a bit lower for those; you're a lot more likely to get works BMWs and Corvettes ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. coolcool

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Mr.Rodger Davies
    thank you very much
    I understand:)

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    How does having bought a specific car increase it's chances of showing up in a small grid? I have never heard of that before :p

I imagine you are only referring to this possibility if none of the other cars in a class are also bought? Because then by the above logic, those would also have a better chance to appear, negating the first car you want to show up more...

Perhaps Im over thinking it, but I have never noticed this. That buying a certain car makes it's spawn chances in races higher. Interesting idea to say the least.

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    So foreign to you (good vibes) ? What about RRE ? Angry, frustrated and resentful when driving ? :)

Besides , yes it is personal as I directly addressed nickh - not to patronize or to categorical disagree but to respond to something
    in his post (and many others nitpicking) that makes "bad vibes"...which I prefer to address & communicate directly than making jokes about or talking behind someones back.... If nickh is your friend be assured its not about making him look bad...and btw. you have to admit that we customers can be a nitpicking pain in the A....at times :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    To your knowledge @mikey james, I have all the content... since the very beginning.
    To your knowledge, I own all the simbin titles.
    To your knowledge, I know every sim since GTR.

And I see... this forum was converted in an AC like "best sim ever, everything is marvelous".

Why should I be frustrated?

Is that hard fixing the stupid AI? It's a bit ridiculous at this point that the AI's are unable to perform a single clean lap without piling up at the same spots.

Let me talk just about the "new pack":

Try to race Laguna Seca. I have. The "hotspot": The corkscrew
    Try to race Sonoma. I have. The "hotspot": The corner 2
    Try to race Mid Ohio. I have. The "hotspot": The corner 2

After those "amazing" experiences, no "good vibes" remained.

No "good vibes" when after 2 years we still can't:

Control fuel amount
    Tweak tire pressure

No "good vibes" when the collision mode uses physical laws from a distinct universe.
    No "good vibes" when the AIs never slow down...it's easier just bump your rear and keep going.

Ok. I'm tired

Feel free to dislike this post.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I assume it's still the same, but it used to be that if you owned a car, all liveries would be available to the AI, but if you didn't only a single livery of that car would be available.

So if you own the Cadillac all 4 are available for random selection by the AI, but if you don't only a single one is. You're right that the odds would depend on which other cars are owned, but I wasn't going to do the math for every scenario!