Experiences - has anyone done the maths?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ty Duff, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    It just occurred to me that I paid for all the experiences - now that has been relegated to just being content has anyone done the maths for experience cost vs content cost?

It raises an interesting question that if on steam I buy DLC can a developer just take it away in game?

Perhaps it is just semantics but there were some aspects of the experiences which I purchased that were enjoyable and therefore part of what I paid for.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    everything you had in the experience is still ingame except the separate colour scheme of the menus

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I do wish R3E would bring back the Experience packs. It was much easier to run those series that way, and in order from 2013-2015, than having to manually setup everything. It's very trying to have to lookup the tracks used, write them down then pick each track, set grid size, set the rules, Q1, Q2, Q3 ....I have no idea what's what.

I've had to restart my race several times because I either forgot to pick the proper rule-set, didn't set grid size, race length, or forgot to set race 2 - and you don't realize it until your race is over (or at a minimum until it's started) in most cases.

Was very nice and convenient to just select the Experience series 2013-'15 I wanted to run, hit RACE and done. Now it's a mess. I WAS racing through 2014, after my stint with 2013, then going to 2015 until those Experience packs were removed.

Anyhow, love R3E and the update (I don't get the 503 error - yet), just wish S3S didn't do away with the Experience packs.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    We're having a lot of freedom now to choose the rules for the race now, which is very appreciated. If you've done the effort, nevertheless it would be very convenient, having the possibility to save the current ruleset and to access it in the pulldown menu, if you want to apply it again.
    I hope, I didn't overlook the possibility is already existing.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That's where the championship presets will come into play, but they don't seem to work as intended for now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Definitely hope we get the ease of use the experiences offered in the Decemberuary patch or thereabout, by that I mean having the full championship season with the correct rules etc. predefined instead of having to tailor make it yourself.

That said, as has been pointed out it's a work in progress and all a bit transitional right now. I agree that it's a step in the right direction, even if it's a one step forward two steps backwards for those of us who liked running full seasons. Experiences in themselves didn't do much although I will miss the DTM/ADAC footage in the background.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I miss the old experience menues also.
    The rules and the racetracks were predetermined according to the season

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    But that's the thing, they can still be predetermined. Just select a "Preset" - DTM 2013/2014/2015 or ADAC GT Masters 2014/2015. Or "Custom" if the predetermined are not to your liking.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is the new end goal of this feature, yes... but it seems there are still some bugs with it where the rules presets dont entirely work properly as they should.

Still being worked on though and will be fleshed out further :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree with this point tho. Ideally it would pre-select the correct set of tracks when you start a championship and select a certain preset. But I'm sure that they will introduce this if it is possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  11. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh, my bad then. It's been quite a while since I raced the old 2013 Experience.
    Can you elaborate, what's missing from the presets for DTM or ADAC?
    Thanks

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Some things are buggy such as rolling starts in the DTM 15 preset. Mandatory pit stops are a bit buggy to as i recall.

I cant recall all the issues, but they are noted in our bug tracker and the devs are working to improve them and add more options in the future. There have been a few threads in the community support sub-forum that also mention some things that are missing or amiss with the presets. I was never too knowledgeable about the specific rules for each series (such as the difference of DRS usage for the 3 DTM seasons), so I cant comment further on other specifics that may be buggy.

I think the November update was one of those... 'we have the features finished... just not fully perfected, but we need to push it out the door now"... Sorts of updates :p That's why when there are delays with a patch, it's usually for good reason. Since that aims to prevent things like this from happening (menus being laggy, store being buggy, rule presets not working exactly as they need to, etc.).

That paragraph wasnt aimed at you at all, just a general statement :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    No, they cannot. But if I understand correctly despite the changing of menus and the options structure no features were actually cancelled, so I guess it's legit. I agree manually selecting tracks for a DTM season for example is a bit cumbersome, but you also get more freedom to change the track roster!

Custom championships in the game are awesome, sorely missed in many other games I've played- PCars, F1, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The former background DTM/Adac *real motor-sports* videos was really good and really enjoyable to watch during the menu navigation, it was something different "a spirit, a soul, I don't know...", no other games add it.

Now the background videos from the game itself, with this white fog filter is really not enjoyable at all! and have some stuttering.
    Ok, for remove the "experience" and put all options together; but for the videos it's really not cool.

And why don't you ask to the players before doing such things? Make a poll or something, thank you.

"I hope an option will come, **add videos background**"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I don't find the experiences.
    Before the update I could choose a championship and all tracks, cars, drivers and the rule set was completely loaded and I could start with my championship.

Now, I choose a new championship, select a rule set and nothing is loaded, not even the track list ... maybe I haven't found the menu where i can select a preset for a championship e.g. DTM 2015 so if all is in game please advise.
    At the moment it seems that I've paid the experiences and the update has removed this content :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's it. ;-)
    I know exactly how you feel right now.
    It's sad and a pity that something was taken away (from us) what we had paid for.

Please don't get me wrong:
    It's absolutely great that all of these rule presets (DTM 2014, DTM 2013, ADAC GT Masters, ...) are made available for everyone. But it's like @PolarClaw said.

I just wish we would have been asked (like @YANNLEBLANC said).
    The experiences added some "soul" (also like @YANNLEBLANC said) and switching between experiences felt like playing another game.

I don't think that it can be that difficult to bring the experiences back.
    Why were they taken away in the first place?
    I'm sure you (Sector 3) could have added the rule presets of the other experiences to the RaceRoom Experience screen/layout/menu/whatever without removing any experiences.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    And if you select "pit stop", you have it for both races...
    :(:cool::eek:o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    There are several reasons for removing the experiences. While we agree that some of the "soul" was lost the benefits outweighs it. Before, some rules were only available in the experiences and not in the main game. We also had to have several different multiplayer lobbies. Just having everything available in one place made more sense in the end.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's good to have everything in one place, but it should really be everything.

This means correct rule set and also the option to load the correct track list. At the moment the idea of the experience is lost, which was experiencing the whole season as a part of it with all drivers, liveries, tracks and rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Piercarlo

Piercarlo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. I've paid for something which is no longer available to me. Sorry for my harsh words but that's what I call stealing.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1