Experiences - has anyone done the maths?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ty Duff, Nov 20, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Where and when did you buy which season of WTCC, for I don't see any WTCC Experiences just Season or Car Packs in RaceRoom Shop and on Steam right now?

2. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    It's right up there in the store. It's just like you said: I bought the WTCC Experience but all i got was a Car Pack:

[​IMG]

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, cant help but understand the confusion here.

Im pretty sure this was a decision passed down from RaceRoom AG (games publisher). It really makes no sense to entirely remove the 'experiences' from the game a few months ago... and then add packs to the store called experiences. The same was done with "DTM Experience" which includes all the modern DTM cars.

The past experiences though were the only ones that ever had specific rules. So, ADAC 14 and DTM 13-15 (Edit: may have mispoke. Think only ADAC 14 was an experience, as ADAC 13 was only a car pack with a few tracks if I recall. DTM 13-15 is correct though). WTCC was never an experience, so it never had specific rule sets.

I believe the devs have plans to expand the rules presets eventually... but no word on that in a few months now. Many other things being worked on now though, but I too would like to see them flesh out the custom championships as it feels a bit half-baked right now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    It does seem that their removal was an attempt to pay homage to the early days of Assetto Corssa (What's a career mode?).
    But it's still far better than the "Here's a car and a track - have fun!" of the early days of R3E (What's AI?)

I'm sure it's all part of some greater goal. "The cheque's in the post? Oh, OK then."

I live on the coast; I am allowed to be a bit 'gull-ible';)