Experiences - has anyone done the maths?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ty Duff, Nov 20, 2016.

1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Everything is still available apart from some menu graphics...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Eh, yes. But it's a case of "technically". The ease of use for those of us who enjoyed the championship seasons for example is just not there any more. It's not the end of the world but it's absolutely something I would like to see back. Hopefully they will find time work some of it back in in the coming patches. The easy of use is one of the strong points in R3E I find, would hate to see it go. But I do see the benefit of having all of the game in one place so to speak. Ideally much like there's rule presets, there can be championship presets.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Piercarlo

Piercarlo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately no. You need to spend a lot of time to setup a championship season correctly, whereas previously this feature was pre-programmed. That was one of the reasons I bought the DTM and ADAC experiences. And I purchased the menu graphics as well, so how can they take it away? I feel cheated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Make a poll "Who wants experiences back?".
    Maybe the result pleases you and maybe devs will react.;)
    I think they tried to improve/simplify/unify the interface and now are a little taken by surprise by the demand for the experiences. I also think they will struggle to give us complete possibilities, to set up regular championships and championships as you like.
    Please with the option to save and to share.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    yeah, to save rule presets would be nice, I followed someones video explaining of how to train the AI. Would be cool so save this preset.

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's necessary to bring the experiences back. What we really need is a proper championship preset list. And it would be fantastic if we could save and preload our own custom championships. If the code is already there to store a championship's current state, maybe it wouldn't be too hard to implement the import/export functionality.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Piercarlo

Piercarlo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As soon as I find out how, I will definately do it. Thanks for the idea.

8. teknocack(The Colonel)

teknocack(The Colonel) New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Custom championships were always in the game. Yes, a feature was cancelled. The ability to choose an Experience championship automatically.

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    they do have rulesets now to make this easier

10. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The rule set is only a part of this. The track list is also missing and if you get all correct together it's not possible to save this. The Experience was a one click and go feature with additional videos to get the right feeling in your experience.

So at least we need championship-presets for the old Experiences and the possibility to save and modify own presets.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Track list is no biggie it is just like setting up a custom championship. I liked the experiences but if i had the choice of having the experiences or the current customisation for any race I want to setup then I would choose the current one every time

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I tendt to agree with @F1Aussie. I liked the idea of the Experiences with it's own "Stand-Alone" character very much, but it was very noteable that it wasn't only a character - it was really a stand alone game within the base game. And that was maybe a design-mistake back in the days were the architecture of the game was created, or didn't worked like it was originally planed

IMO R3E should have been the fundamental game with everything available and the other experiences should have been integrated as "overlays" that look different, are focused on the explicit content (DTM for example), deliver the presets of championships, rules etc. but not hard coded - just a select on the database that is more reduced to an explicit content-set. That would open everything in the fundamental game but reduced within the experiences. For example the Multiplayer-Lobby: In R3E you would see all MP-Servers, incl. those from DTM-Experience, In DTM-Experience MP-Lobby would only show with DTM-Content, which could be reached via R3E as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the devs are addressing this somehow, but I hope they implement a "season selector" or something, with preset carsets, schedules, rules, distances, series-dependent overlays, etc. soon. I'm fine with deleting the Experience Modules, but it would be nice to have the possibility to create a single-player championships as easily as it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Piercarlo

Piercarlo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No, they are not. I wrote to customer support and they didn't promise anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh, bummer

16. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This stinks...Nice Sector 3. You take away the best feature "The Experience" that I played the most and you didn't even attempt to even replace it with the correct experience schedules in the normal race room frontend. I really feel cheated. I paid for something you advertised and then you take it away. You fooled me with the 2016 DTM advertised as "Experience" Never again!

A very disappointing customer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Think of not promising anything more as "We would love to, but we are not sure we can do it." instead of just not wanting to do it. I would love to at least add Championship Presets as a feature. But I'm just the new guy. :oops:

I will keep nagging. Hopefully I can promise you something in the future. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I don't see the big problem (hmmmm, that opens me up for flack!)

Yes you have to spend 5 minutes setting up a championship, but then you get to play it for hours. Lots of hours!
    10 races, 30mins practice, 30 mins qualify, 30 mins race. That's 15 hours. And that's probably considered a small championship.

Don't think of it as a feature being removed. Think of it as the chance to play "Bernie's Replacement : R3E Edition."
    How many here don't think they could improve F1 ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to pick an argument in anyway (i.e. Flak), and sorry for being repetitive in my posts, but custom championships were already possible before the updates. And some features as rulesets and obligatory pit stops in dual races are still not implemented properly.
    And (this is a honest question) agreeing that it is easy for us to set up a championship, how easy it would be for the devs to provide the old championships as presets in the new championship window? As Balrog and PolarClaw (I didn't check if I'm missing anyone) suggested.
    Anyway, if there was a way to save our custom schedules it would be a good start.

Edit - grammar

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I bought the WTCC Experience and thought i might at least bring me a set WTCC rules settings in custom championships.

The whole experience is just a couple of cars.