Released McLaren 650S GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Freudian slip.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    So any comments about how it drives? How does it compare with the old McLaren?

• Like Like x 1
  4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Back in track, and sorry for my misplaced previous GUI comment, how does it drive vs the mpc-12c gt3? This is the matter I'd expect most to be debated in this thread right now for the sim enthusiast in everyone.

When it came out in AC, due to much higher aero/drag but similar power figures, it felt underpowered on straights vs >2015 cars and snappier on aero stall. But along the way in the last year and half (and few TMs), it became much more competitive and about top 3 on most tracks if you go for RSR times currently. So, for anyone taking it in R3E, what are your impressions on how it drives, or how it compares either to the it's predecessor, BoP vs. pre 2015 cars that dominate the grid, or the newer M6?
    I'll be honest and say that I came for R3E for everything else other than GT3s, but I'd be cool to know the impressions on other sim for a matter that I've seen discussed to death due to GT3 class popularity.

5. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    quote.
    can someone explain this point to new users?
    Some help is appreciated. :)

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can buy every pack exactly once now. That's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    So all you say is, those who complained about the unfair pricing should not buy anything?

At this rate, I might as well just delete the game because I had been wait for over a year to trying to figure out a way to buy the content I want with more reasonable value for money. Not everyone make their money in Euros.

8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    With WTCC 2016 i was able to buy WTCC experience for the second time... Why?

9. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Bought and raced hard :D thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You already said you havent bought anything in 2 yrs at Race Dept... so you have done well here :p

This is petty and childish. Why would you delete the game for getting exactly what you paid for? You previously bought content to use, and you have been able to use it up until now.... and will be able to as much as you would like in the future.

In this time where you havent bought anything, the game has received a plethora of updates, adding new features, improvements, bug fixes, etc. All for free.

You are not entitled to any new content that comes out, and you have made the personal decision not to buy any of the new content, which is perfectly acceptable and fine. But throwing a fit that you are going to delete the game because the business model is not favorable for new content releases is asinine hyperbole.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    rather than weed thru this whole thread ,I purchased the mclaren and the liveries pack.. went to race it and there are still 5 liveries I don't own. I was under the impression I was buying ALL of them.

12. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I had been asking for a bit more fairness for long time players when it comes to buying new content. New players could get the 650S for $1.50 while if an old player who had "exhausted" all the packs with the car, they had to pay double for it. A new player could spend $20 for all the GT3s in the game with all it's liveries while I have to spend $7 (35% of the cost of a new GTR3 pack) for a 650S with all it's liveries.

Is this acceptable in your opinion? Why are old players getting the short end of the stick? Why isn't there some sort of disclaimer on the packs only can be bought once? Are you going to answer these questions or just resort to calling me entitled for "cheaper" deals?

You clearly do not see why some long time players felt like this. Then, jump on the cliche line by calling me entitled for asking for more reasonable value for money in getting new content. The pricing of the game is really off in some situations which made this game utterly frustrating to play. Looks like all these isn't a problem for you at all and you just focus on the petty stuff.

I do not care about bug fixes, new features, improvements and so on when I do not have much content to play with as there isn't much reason to boot the game up.

You'll see the same complaints appearing again when the R8 LMS, AMG GT3 and Callaway Corvette. It is rather surprising that S3 and RR rather just leave the terrible business model as it is than try to fix it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  13. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Not from Sector 3's point of view...
    Simply because, if Sector 3 dramatically lost sales, it would change.
    No sales, no money.
    So, the only obvious logical answer is, the business model works fine.
    No sales, no money = no wages, no game.
    Trust me, a few people moaning on a forum is not going to change anything.
    Nothing.
    If you really want to be proactive, contact Sector 3 via email.
    You may get a better response.

By the same, few people..
    Again.
    Be proactive, contact Sector 3 via email.

As a grown adult, yes that may surprise a few people, I made a choice.
    To buy, or not to buy.

Oh, and the car is good.
    Looks good, drives well.
    And did not breakdown once...

14. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a good idea for Raceroom to "update" their FAQ in the Raceroom Store, the one titled "What is VRP? How do discounts work? "
    It currently makes interesting reading in light of the current debates.

BTW: Not complaining or moaning, just observing and trying to understand the confusion. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    S3 lets you race against car/ liveries you don't own .. ever thougt about that?
    Kunos handles that different and you can only buy packs, so if you want one car you have to buy 5 you'll never drive.
    And as if Sector 3 was the only company on this planet that gives new costumers a discount. This discussion is about what, 2 or 3 Euros once? Just make a new contract for your mobile phone and complain about the 10€ every month you save if you're new to that company.

Btw: The car drives, looks and sounds great. :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  16. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    Anyway guys, I think it should be good to have some feedback about car physics and behaviour in comparison of the MP4-12C. In facts, two of my friends have bough and tried the car and they said the 650S has exactly the same physics, behaviouir and performances of the MP4-12C. So, they feel screwed because they expected something different than the 12C and don't see now the interest to buy the 650S if the car has exactly the same physics of the 12C.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    well in reality there isn't much differences either. the transmission-oil cooler moved to another place, the frontend is new, some different aero parts and mainly changes to have easier maintenance...
    but I think it doesn't drive so tame like the 12c gt3...it's more aggressive... the 12c is easier to drive, imo. With the 650S you (I) can attack the corners harder. Maybe just some placebo effect ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    The Garage 59 proven winner placebo fuel injection system. Trés turbo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    McLaren was selling 650S GT3 as an upgrade kit to MP4-12C, so i assume, they should feel pretty similar :p And we also should have that possibility :cool:

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But still different weight distribution and aerodynamics.