BAN for Aline Senna on multiplayer race !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deni Kremer, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    A little more evidence from Portimao recently!
    There were doubts about wireless controller that switched off... Aha.. OFC!
    She even uses chat to threaten kind players!

2015-04-26 0356 0001.jpg 2015-04-26 0359 0002.jpg 2015-04-26 0400 0003.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. Frankly

Frankly Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    >I wait little boy
    >Next round

I got the same messages too. They seems like a little bit scary :relaxed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Acting in a threatening manner towards other players in chat? Should be a goner, if you need a smoking gun it's right there.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Of course there might be a malfunction in that game pad that types,

"I wait little boy"
    "Next round"
    every time she presses the brake pedal. We wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions now................

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh yes, the thread that keeps on giving. And by giving, I mean shunting you off track into a wall that ends your race, when they are a lap down and just there to ruin a good time...

Browsing this thread in the last few pages has provided lots of good ideas and thoughtful issues being discussed. Sector3 became involved and Im sure after doing so, they are aware that this is quite an issue with the community. Im sure they could escalate punishment as they deem reasonable and see fit.

I am trying to see beyond this one user, A Senna, to the broader picture though. I think this thread serves as a good indication of things that could come along. This community is fairly tightly knit. Many people know each other and race together. Generally speaking, and something I can say time and time again, the general community on this game is quite respectful. Quite well mannered. Quite better than many other racing games I have played. The average user knows about the gentleman's code on track and proper etiquette. Being aware of others... not wrecking people on purpose... giving space in braking areas to not plow into the rear of the car ahead... All these things make this community wonderful.

Then comes along a troll, or a user that gets a thrill out of causing havoc on the track and ruining races for the unlucky user that gets taken out. As a thread like this points out rather well, that troll can then be brought to light and the overall community made aware. However, if these sorts of threads brought about justice for the troll immediately, in the form of intervention from Sector3 in whatever capacity they choose... I can see future witch hunts where more trolls are mentioned here, and then it just becomes a cluttered mess. And even further down the road, this sort of community shaming/justice could then be used to tarnish otherwise good reputations for a simple mistake because of a disagreement or something on track.

Of course, that is wild speculation of a hypothetical scenario that could, or perhaps wouldnt occur. But I feel that would be a bad end result. To prevent that, I think as this thread has also demonstrated, the proof needs to be strong, crystal clear that the action was intentional, and from multiple sources (different people posting to show a pattern of behavior).

Now, I dont see this sort of thread popping up for every troll that appears. Im fairly sure this thread appeared because A. Senna is the most notorious troll in the game by a large margin. And the boiling over point finally occurred. It seems everyone in this thread has either seen A. Senna on track, been affected by her and had a race ruined, or knows about her shenanigans.

Beyond that to a solution now...

I still see this issue of trolls and aggressive wreckers in MP a relatively easy issue to remedy. Especially for a game like R3E. I'll explain again. R3E is an always online game. Meaning you have to connect to the RaceRoom servers just to launch the game and do anything in it. Now im not the most savy on this sort of thing, but I would imagine once a connection is established, that this connection can be monitored to see exactly which unique individual is using it. Basically, if I am logging into the game with my account, Im sure S3 can see my IP address or whatever other identifiable info that appears from my connection to the servers.

I would presume that it would be fairly simple to put that IP address on a temporary blacklist FROM MP ONLY. Make it so that the troll cant access the MP servers via a temp ban. Since they paid for content in this game... that can be a touchy subject, as if they were banned, they wouldnt be able to use what they paid money for. However, having an MP only ban would allow that user to use all of their content they paid for in the entire Single Player portion of the game. DTM or ADAC experience with the AI. Track tests and practice mode in the mainRace Room Exp. or even leaderboard challenges and competitions. There is plenty to do besides MP.

I still see this as a simple solution and a way to maintain a happy community free of the troublesome users that like to wreck :p

Good discussion everyone,

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    "it" joined our ESR race at Zandy just awhile ago and I thought. "oh boy, shits gonna get weird". But, "it" left after T1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GearGrinder

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    bet her IP address is somewhere in the outskirts of Rome Italy;):p

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Not to defend her, she did 1:30 at Oschersleben today with ADAC 2014. Not bad with a game pad!

And then, smack talk and crashes at Hockenheim GTR2 class. Sometimes, I think she's a script, not a real person.

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I was in the race at Hockenheim (was it?) when she went for you and missed lol.
    While I don't condone her/his/its behavior, baiting her/him/it afterwards probably doesn't help things lol.

10. DerHek

DerHek Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry , I now this is not the solution (and not my way of riding),it just that I get so angry,frustrated and disponted on what happened a day befor in mp. The things "it" is doing in mp has a effect on everybody in mp,direct or indirect.
    Racing whit "it" is like Russian roulette , you never now when you are going to be hit.
    I hope that the dedi app is coming soon, so that we can start the DTM championship race's with my frends .
    Hopefuly you guys can forgive my for my outburst .(and my bad English)

@jonna777 , you now my , it's al about the fun!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  11. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So it is others fault for it's behavior? That is just BS. It has been ruining good races daily for months. Tired of people seemingly trying to come up with every excuse in the world to explain this behavior. It deserves no more benefit of doubt. It has proven over and over again that it cannot behave. There is no more excuse for it. It needs to be banned. Give it it's money back if that is what needs to be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    And the weird thing was, it posted a semi-respectable lap in zandvoort - a few seconds off the pace but not hopeless. When i saw the lap time i was thinking "Ok they are here to race, not to worry".

But that screenshot of the "next round" message seals the deal - this racer is a pooh-pooh head, as my 2 year old would say.

13. Frankly

Frankly Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No, money shouldn't to give back. (S)he can create another account, buy some content, and kill us again and again.
    Let the account will exist, just ban all her/his IP-addresses. IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GearGrinder

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Check out my new RR name :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    The Somalia touch is a killer one.

16. GearGrinder

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    LOL (insert politically incorrect/stereotypical comment here) LOL

17. luytyi

luytyi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can u Aline Senna has a black list of guys who hit him because of misconduct in the race? I do not sanction worthy today too and I think after viewing replays make your black list. It will be not only in participating racer incidents with me, but in other incidents.

18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    How in the world did you get that from my comment? I even said, "I'm don't condone its behavior" and I was certainly by no means trying to justify its actions.
    Merely suggesting that provoking the beast won't help matters and just make it worse.

I'm with the majority on this, her IP needs banning from multi-player.

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well done, Aline :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Shh! Quiet you! lol :D

Thread Status: