Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Is the AI tweaked in the Update I wonder that i won a race....right from the first try.
    DC

2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Sector 3 , great job and love the new gt3 cars. Triple screen works great , the visuals are wondeful!!!

That said , I don't notice a difference between 32 and 64 bit. Load time are slow as well.. when starting the game it takes a long time to get to the first menu. If I watch task manager the game fluctuaes from normal to not responding...
    Once in the game everything works pretty good until I go to race and when I hit drive it takes quite awhile (40 seconds) .same thing with task manager.fluctutes to not responding.

New gt3 cars are fun but my times at spa are 2 seconds slower than before. :(

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This... shouldnt have changed at all since this specific feeling hasnt been changed in... 2 yrs?

With this change to the GT3 cars, you may be feeling that your FFB is too light overall in some of the cars. I would recommend going into the car setup, clicking on steering options, and increasing the car specific FFB multiplier a few clicks. This should bring back some of the weight in the wheel if you feel a certain car is too light. Note, that this only affects the single car you change this on. Which is nice since it doesnt interfere with your overall FFB settings, or affect other cars.

If this still doesnt improve things... there is a value specifically for stationary friction in your controller xml.

To alter that value, go to: My documents / my games / simbin / RaceRoom Racing Experience / user data / control set... and then right click on your controller profile. Select Edit.

In the window that appears, scroll down until you get to the section that has a bunch of lines that refer to FFB. At the top of this FFB section, there will be a line titled, "FFB Stationary Friction= 0.x". Increase this value to have more resistance while you are stationary. I would recommend going up in increments of 0.1. Then exit the document and make sure you save it, otherwise your changes wont take effect.

I think the first option might improve the feeling, and if not, the 2nd one should.

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Sven Wever

Sven Wever Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What was his name again? .................. Alex Hodgkinson ??? Wasnt it?

KEEP HIM! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    A very nice update. Thanks, guys. :)

Initial impressions:
    Better frame rates at Spa.
    Better AI. Less barging and shunting. Better spacial awareness.
    Better physics and FFB.
    Minor contact between cars is less 'catastrophic'.
    There seem to be less turn one crunches with bigger grids. Yes, they are slow at times, but they all get through.

The only downside at the moment is I'm spending too much time admiring the super smooth reflections on the car bonnet and keep missing my braking points! :rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jenseits

jenseits New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks a lot. I try it tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Really great update. Before the update I have experienced sudden stuttering. After the update, it flyes, no more stuttering :)
    As for content and other upgrades, GREAT JOB Sector3!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Well this is weird.... Tried the 64bit and was noticing the backgrounds stuttering when I turned a corner. Tried a few things no difference. Tried 32 bit and problem solved. Anyone else had similar?

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Great job with the BOP. I tested 5 cars on Paul Ricard so far which has long straights, high speed corners and slow and twisty corners. So the perfect track for testing the BOP.
    They're all in a 0.2 seconds range so far and that's very good for my driving skills.
    Like the AMG GT3 is almost 8km/h faster on the straight than the Audi R8 but I drive identical times. The R8 is a beast in the high speed corners. So far I'm very happy with the balance. Will test the other cars tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Many many thanks for updating this fantastic GT3 car class. It was devinitely worth the long wait. The FFB is still great compared to before the update. It is much more believible what the car is doing and in which way it does. This handling is what i would expect of cars like this. The new cars are superb in terms of the sound the physics the brake performance and the Data Displays. Thanks to everyone who was involved in this incredible update. Btw no issues explored so far...everthing works perfect for me.
    Best regards from Germany

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  11. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    20171130_153915.jpg
    The new front wing on the Mercedes is very impressive! lol
    I'm just joking. I love the whole package! S3 did an incredible job with R3E. It is my favorite sim above all else!

Thank you guys for your awesome work!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Maybe just move some FFB settings about to get to the desired feel. I had to brunt force mine with my g27

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    When I first fired up after update, all looked great, as soon as I turned a wheel everything blurred out, well everything apart from a car I was following, very much like having tunnel vision. When I went into the video settings, motion blur had been enabled and set to ultra. Does anyone actually drive with these settings?
    I mention this as a few people are having performance issues and maybe just maybe some settings have changed causing these problems. Always worth a look!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Anybody else have problems with the M6 GT3? After the update it's slow as **** on the straights. Even slower than the new Audi. I don't think this is the intent, right? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Verstappen

Verstappen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    10GB update. Can only be a great thing!

16. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I like the new physics. Better tires grip feeling from FFB, and grip loss is more progressive and predictable. Also the suspension work seems more realistic. I really enjoy it and am rediscovering some old GT3 cars! :) Unfortunately I can't register new leaderboard times with this class but hope it will be fixed soon™. ^^

• Like Like x 2
  17. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Having never driven a GT3 car myself I cant comment on absolute realism but I find these new cars an absolute pleasure to drive!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I made a few test drives with several gt3 cars. Yes the M6 is slow on the straight but on Paul Ricard I drive the same pace with every car.

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @everyone

I've been reading quite a few posts about various FFB issues, imo, the best thing you can probably do is make sure you save the current settings you have so you can easily change back to that profile for the older cars.
    For the GT3s, start over with a completely new FFB profile, if you are using Logitech, you don't even need to use the profiler (tested on a G27) as long as the drivers is installed and runs.
    Default FFB is now actually pretty good on the GT3 cars but you may need to turn the FFB multiplier down (per car) to avoid clipping.

Good luck to all, if you need any help (Logitech users), feel free to drop me a message. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Only had a few spare minutes to test it, but boy is it good.
    On my older -not made for gaming- iMac with Bootcamp it runs a lot better now in 64bit.
    Cars are great too, now I only need to get my head around which one to buy with my last 500 points.

Also I really love the new shifting led on my Fanatic GT3 wheel. Top work, worth the wait!