Locking out old GT3s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In real life series, some teams with less money will run older cars. They don't account for a particularly large portion of the field but they do exist. I'd say at most maybe 10-20% or less of the grid is running older models or non-existent cars like the Mustang and Camaro GT3 cars.

2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    For most countries, a realistic GT3 grid would be largely consists if not all of the new GT3s. Older GT3s such as Z4, Mustang, Camaro, SLS, 997 and so on should not appear for most countries. Maybe country level GT3 races such as Thailand might have some of the old R8, SLS, or Z4 but there are some odd balls like Aus GT still have a couple of the Gallardo GT3s.

The problem with R3E GT3 is, it is sort of a mixture of Gen 1 GT3s (Alpina B6, Camaro, Mustang etc) with Gen 2 (Z4, R8, 997, SLS etc) and also Gen 3 ( AMG GT3, C7R, 650S etc). We do need a car selector, considering that Bentley and Mclaren are fielding brand new cars next year. It would be really strange to race with a Camaro GT3 in a 720S GT3 in a few years from now in R3E.

While we are at it, can we also have the multiclass feature too? I had been waiting to do multiclass racing in R3E for a long long time as the game supports incredible amount of cars on many tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Imo it makes most sense to combine SP multiclass with the ai selector. Now that we have a workaround for one half, it seems less critical to bother but focus on SP multiclass.

Also really hope we get a XML/json based system for custom (multi-) classes like AMS, so we can create icons/class combinations etc. for the primary SP menu and share such files easily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    assetto corsa has a good custom championship ai selector, something like that would be great

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes but not saveable

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Look at how many views this thread has received in only two weeks. Obviously a highly sought after feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You forgot : @J-F Chardon

8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It is a highly sought out feature. Seriously, R3E supports up to 100 cars on quite a handful of tracks, that is essentially the perfect game to have true multiclass racing while the game has so many VLN race cars. R3E sorely needs a multiclass system for offline racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Don't exaggerate the importance of some views. I reading here to but are not interested at all in any AI selector. I'm just curious :)

10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    People are asking about this feature across other forums like Race Department. It's no exaggeration.

The reality is Sector3 have released 19 different models across three generations in a single class. Players want a car selector quite urgently.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    When the AI selector is implemented, I think there will be more players, but it will not be reduced:)

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I know :) But people ask for a lot of things as for example a multiplayer ranking system. Which has been on the "to do" - list much longer and was annonced a year ago.

MP-drivers seem to be more patient and don't ask for it in every post.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/happy-new-year.6965/

• Like Like x 1
  13. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, we know multiplayer rankings are coming. R3E is an online-focused game so those of us looking for single player improvements have to shout a bit louder. ;)

Sector3 could be a bit more communicative on the issue of a car selector. We don't need exact dates, just a "yes, it's coming this year/soon(ish)" would shut up people like myself.

14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I agree they could, but it is without doubt on the same list. Somewhere on the soon-scale.

15. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Got to say this works a treat, a bit fiddly to get things sorted moving files and such but then its just 1 click before you run the game and 1 click when your done racing to put files back, just racing with all the newer gt3 cars looks fantastic in the replays, thank you very much for this. Just one question, I run the 64 bit exe, do I have to point the program to that exe or the 32 bit exe in the main folder or does it not matter?

16. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is not about the exe files. As you just have to point the program to the main folder of racing room. Both exe files are deeper in the file structure. Do not care about them.

For all creating a MOD for EVERY SINGLE car
    mods.PNG

be aware that you are modding a mod at this point and JSGME will moan about this with a warning. Just say yes and go on. Loads of work...so I really would appreciate the grid selector (AI selector to me is something different) soon...stopped my modding because I confused myself with the files over and over again.

17. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer, it can get confusing as I found out with project cars mods that used this program. Just removing older gt3 cars which is all I really wanted is quite easy this way and works perfectly for me so once again thanks for your efforts.

18. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Actually you could use the ADAC Packs as a filter. At least for the older GT3 generations. Unfortunately S3 decided not to add further GT3 packs for newer generations and is not even able to give us a car filter within a class pack.

19. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I would really like a car/livery selector integrated into the sim.

What happens with the JSGME method when an update for the game is released?

20. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the update is not about a change of car models or livery nothing will happen. Even if so then just replace the files.

I like this so very much. I can select every single car/livery I like to have ingame. One of the most benefits besides of the matter of fact to running races with "new" GT3 cars only it is all about the drivers which you can choose. The drivers have different skills. K.van der Linde (Audi #29) or Hackländer (Vette #13), Vanthoor (Audi #28), Evans (Audi #44a), Mineo (Porsche #9) or Long (Porsche #12a) for example are some of the better drivers. If you set up a race with these drivers races become harder.

But its a lot of work to do. And I can not share this mods because of copyrights ...
    mods.PNG ....

• Like Like x 1