Locking out old GT3s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So here we are :

As I understood you already installed JGSME and did set it up and scanned the file structure of R3E so JGSME does understand where to put "missing / removed" files back to or the other way around for getting them rid again.

So your installation of R3E should now look like this :

Structure R3E.PNG

If you followed the instruction of the JGSME post you will have the same folder called _MOD.

Well in this folder you are going to bring the files in the right structure of the game itself for all the stuff you don´t like in our case --- cars and skins.

Open _MODS and it should look close to this :

Structure _MOD.PNG

The first two folders are just shown if you activate the hidden folders. The folder "Cars taken out" was created by me. In this folder you set up the files of the cars and skins like in the original game :

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\_MODS\Cars taken out\TargetData\Pc\base\cars

in the last folder "cars" you will create two more folders :

car_models
    car_skins

So we are done for the structure.

Now you can choose which cars or skins you like to get rid of. Those files need to be MOVED (they need to be deleted in the original game) in the _MOD folder. You need to set up all like it is in the original game under TARGETDATA ...

For ex :
    Deleted cars.PNG
    These are the cars I took out. You need to do this in the car_model folder as well as in the car_skins folder. Very important !

So lets have a look for the alpina I got moved out.
    All the files in the car_model folder regarding alpina moved to the car_model folder in the _MOD.
    The same for alpina folder in car_skins which moved to the "brother" folder in _MOD.

So at this point you could give yourself a try and start raceroom. No need for JGSME to be used at this point. You should not find the alpina in any race you do set up. If game crashes trying to set up the race you did something wrong with the deleting of the files wehich should not hapen as you could take out the complete folder.

If you just want to get rid of a skin you just need to MOVE the original files from car_skins to the _MOD folder...car_skins.

But you NEED TO KEEP THE STRUCTURE ALWAYS.

For getting rid of the black Vette skin and for one of those No. 77 for ex looking like this in this path :

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\_MODS\Cars taken out\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\callaway

Vette skins taken out.PNG

So if you now start JGSME you will find the folder "cars taken out" or whatever you named it on the left side. Move it with the button to the right side. Now JGSME is putting back the files to the right place as its knowing the structure of the game AND you did set up the correct path. This will take some seconds due to your cpu and the number of cars which need to be put back.

For getting rid of them again just restart JGSME and move them from active back to not active by one click.

Imagine : You could do so for all cars and skins (max work as you need a MOD folder for every single car and maybe skin) for making the ulimative mod for selecting every single car and skin beeing in the game or not.

Sorry for bad english...hard to explain in foreign language. Should anything not be clear or not explained well let me now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the guide. I have yet to try JGSME as it's quicker just to delete the old GT3s manually but I suppose it's a time-saving option for those looking to switch between old and new cars.

3. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    We can do a cup race too:)

[​IMG]

4. fast_bear

fast_bear Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What a pleasure racing against "modern GT3" only !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. II./JG77_Manu

II./JG77_Manu New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, this is gold for me. Having 18 different cars in one grid absolutely kills performance for me playing with the Rift, FPS going as low as 25 during the start, while i have 90 in the same conditions when alone on the track. Guess i'll try only with the new ones next :)

6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Deleting the cars looks exremly faster and easier. Isnt it?

Which files i have to delete?

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Deleting skins is enough, so just car folders in car_skins

8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks, but where is ist?

Did not have it in my documents folder, as well not in my Steam installation folder...

9. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    In Steam installation folder:

raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins

10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Got an server content error.

Its a pitty...just tested the Porsch and what was in front of me? Right, me lively nichtmare...the pink mustang.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What cars do you want to get rid of ?

13. CFEG

CFEG New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank the gods for this software. goodbye camaro...:p

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    GT3:
    Camaro
    Mustang
    Old R8
    Vette Z06
    Ford GT
    SLS
    Alpina

15. II./JG77_Manu

II./JG77_Manu New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tried to delete the cars but got a crash everytime i tried to start a race

16. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bold folders – delete

And you need to DELETE both MODEL AND SKIN !!! for not crashing the game.

For Alpina :

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_models\alpina

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\alpina

Vette Z06 & Camaro

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_models\chevrolet

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\chevrolet

Old R8

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_models\audi\r8_ultra

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\audi\r8_ultra

Mustang & Ford GT

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_models\ford

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\ford

SLS

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_models\mercedes\sls

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars\car_skins\mercedes\sls

If you just want to get rid of a skin of a car you just need to delete the skin in the skin folder. I did to get rid of numbers like 90A …or just because I did not like the livery at all.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.

Deleting both worked.

[​IMG]

Bringing them back should work with a steam integrycheck of local files?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  18. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I provide folders for those who do not know how
    There is no data
    Cut the original file and paste it on the bottom layer of the folder that I provided
    If there is a legal problem, I will delete it
    Please contact me
    Merry Christmas;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• R3E.zip
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  19. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    So much effort just because S3 not even give us a car filter within a class. But it is indeed more important to make us buy pixels that are looking like a Porsche instead of finishing the core game...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    As you wrote, it is a lot of effort and should be done by employees which would like to get their monthly salery. If they would not sell anything how shall they be able to further develope the software? It´s not been done by „Luft und Liebe“ (love and air) only. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 2