Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Been racing these Sims since their birth and every multiplayer race ends up carnage at the first turn, perhaps at the end of the race a replay of the run to the first corner (with name tags), then maybe Nobby in front of me can see Billy no brakes ramming me into him, so when he spends the next 15 mins shunting me off the track after the replay he may think twice next time and Billy no brakes can be shamed into learning the track or maybe even black balled (now there is an idea!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +100

What has this to do with game features / mechanics?..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I mostly use automatic clutch, I'm not skilled / fast enough for heel toe shifting..
    Also mostly using my 360 at night time.

But one thing I don't like with the automatic clutch, is that the throttle also gets automatically cut when shifting!..
    The engine should rev and make it a jerky shift if I don't let go of the throttle, just like it is with manual clutch. (at least for the cars that don't have sequential shifting)

Can you please implement this?
    Adds a lot to the immersion imo! :)

A Side note:
    Just noticed that I can't stall the engine with automatic clutch.. :(
    I love that I have to go into neutral and re start my engine after a spin out with manual clutch, and would like to have this as an option with auto clutch as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well for starters it's both an idea and a suggestion and having spent most races being rammed the ability to watch back with fellow racers who the culprits are I thought might make a nice FEATURE whilst waiting for next track!

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Ah Okay, sorry!
    I missed "perhaps at the end of the race a replay" being said as a suggested feature.
    A replay feature directly after the races would be really nice, and along with a chat function!
    Like in iRacing, or something along those lines.

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    1. A note/warning ingame when trying to enter server with high ping/ a function that prevents joining a server with too high ping (for those who are deaf and blind)- specially when stuffed....:rolleyes:

2. A Feature to team up with (1-4 ?) fellow drivers for (Multiclass) Endurance Racing to enable "live" driver switch.
    Could be connected with the pit request button and your team8 gets a message to switch seats (while watching the race ;) ) he has to confirm then..
    A possibillity could be that you just jump into the same car waiting in the garage and get a "Go" the moment the previous driver has absolved his stop incl. repair, changing tyres, time frame for driver`s change....just an idea ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the problem with this is that raceroom has a feature that bi passes the server straight to the other players when close enough so if some one is jerky its not because of their ping to the server its thier ping straight to you i would be worse if it went through the server.

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yes thats true, but thats not what I mean: For example, I have still a very lame connection (get a new provider soon) which is enough to participate smoothly at european servers and maybe eastcost servers with a moderate grid and I really would like to join some "overseas" events held by ESR and others but when I see a ping way beyond 100 and a stuffed server, I simply don`t join for to not ruin their race (and mine too, by losing connection). Thats what I#m talking about: A minimum of self-responsibillity for not to fall for any compulsion to "get it all and at once...."

9. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Can we please add name of car and track to setup so that when we take a screenshot those are recorded too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I live in nz and if I worryed about ping of over 100 id never get to race trust me 100-300 runs smooth as silk its the 400-600 range that gets bad (and also mobile networks with high packet loss)

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :) Running in circles :) I know what you mean shards....I see it with some canadian m8s like Tim Cannon or Mike Demers : They have a "real" broadband connection I suppose and there are no issues with them. I directed my comment to those who should be aware of their "weak" connection and just should have the courtesy to not join stuffed servers with a ping way beyond their capacities - yeah I know its hard to step back from an interesting race but in the interest of all...? At least they should look at it (instead of blindly joining) and think about for a moment :)
    Or maybe its just a misunderstanding between us ? And btw. I get serious issues trying to join an overseas server with a ping above 150msand a full grid....(until August at least)

Well lets see how it goes with the Dedicated Servers, good chance that everyone finds his home somewhere...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  12. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Strange iv found i have no problems with joining servers upwards of 300 ping when im playing with the aussies or yanks (I avoid the euro times). i only have issues with individual players (I have a feeling i could play on a server with a ping of 600 if its with other kiwis or aussies).

13. Campacci

Campacci Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This already may have been posted, but...

- Full lap on yellow flag (when flag system is done)
    - Presentation lap (or another name... I forgot his name, sorry).

Everything like features that exists on rF1/2, for example. It gives a huge immersion on races.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Formation lap?
    And also continue one last lap to the pits after race finish.

Don't know if this is in the pipelines already, but two race format and reversed grid would be nice to get implemented now when WTCC 2014 is knocking on the door!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Campacci

Campacci Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This! Formation lap, thanks mate!

Two race format should be great too. I forgot to mention that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Suggestion: A light system like where you can switch your lights on/off or flash while holding the button? :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dans

Dans New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Most likely suggested buuuuut,
    I'd love to have a FFB clipping meter to help perfect my FFB settings, as well as a brake/throttle input meter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Campacci

Campacci Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Multiclass racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Some of these things have been requested before (here and in other threads) but this is a list of what I can think of right now:

Online multi-class improvements:
    - Class icon/color system in timings and standings. (Like LMP Red | GT Blue)
    - Show your position/standings relative to fastest guy in your class instead of overall leader.
    - Put all cars in their right class as a group on the grid, even when not qualifying. (so LMP's will always start in front of GT3's)

Vehicle/GUI functionality:
    - Option to use turn signal lights. (Also nice for qualifying and multi-class racing)
    - Option to use rear lights. (Also nice for qualifying and multi-class racing)
    - Show potential lap time in hud.
    - Put drivers, who are going to lap you, in the top standings bar with blue icon. (also good for multi-class).

Racing features
    - Option to change tire pressures in pit-menu/pit-stop.
    - Option to change clicks of your splitter and wing in pit-menu/pit-stop.
    - Option to change 4 wheels separately (so left or right side only or just one tire).
    - Fueling in pit stops (and in setup).
    - Custom pit-window length.
    - More dirt on screen and the option to have it cleaned in pit-menu/pit-stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You mention dirt on the screen....how about getting the working wipers back?

Also, regarding position bars - can we have one that forms a column down the left hand side of the screen as per TV coverage of DTM, F1 and other series?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1