Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    If you want games that your laptop can handle on higher graphics settings, you should go buy Race 07 and Stock Car Extreme.
    Great graphics is far from whats making a good racing game, really, really far!

But if you do enjoying Shift 2 after you have played R3E, I don't think sims are for you.

Can we now take this thread back on topic please!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    If you've come here to comment to be rude, and you've stated that was your intention, then don't expect to be lauded for it. If you have something to say being rude is unnecessary, and only suggests that you're a bit desperate to be noticed, and you will be, for all the wrong reasons. If you're not a child or your message hasn't been lost in translation the manner you're adopting is totally uncalled for in a polite discussion, and that's the way we like to do it here. All in all you come across as a spoilt little teenager who's obsessed with eye candy and thinks his shit doesn't stink.

I could have been far ruder about this, you got off lightly.

• Like Like x 8
  3. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    That's the truth that you find rude, not me.
    If the UI is being reworked it means that i'm right.
    Did you have seen any menu in circle somewhere? It's a nonsense.

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The green orb menu will go up in smoke as we speak. (R3E is down for maintenance) :)
    Back to topic now please!
    There are other threads where you can discuss the graphical flaws, or start a new one if you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Hepp, really don't wanna pummel a dead donkey but I have to respond to that...

Are you serious, gp20? Circular user interfaces are nonsensical?
    You must have lived in a cave...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Are you joking?
    Good examples. Is the text wrapped around the circle?
    No!

There must be a reason.

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You did see the "text" on that telephone, right? :D
    So that's what put you off, the text not being written horizontally?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    One thing that was kind of cool when I still played PC, was that there sometimes was trouble in the pits making the stops longer than expected.

It was frustrating as hell, so it shouldn't be something happening all the time.
    But it would be a nice addition to the game if the pit stops wasn't the same length all the time.

Many times going into the pits in DTM 2014 or ADAC GTM.
    The same cars that I was right behind before I made the pit stop, are coming out from the pits right in front of me a few laps later.
    Maybe have a minimum and a maximum pit time and make it random from those times.
    Consult with the real drivers of the most common times, and make it some % bigger chance for those times than the really fast / slow times to occur.
    And this should of course affect both player and AI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I hope this will come along with a better damage model. Not necessarily random, but the "better" the fix, the longer the time spend on pits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ....and also AI mechanical issues and retirements plus more mistakes and spins. Just generally add a bit more life and randomness to the AI's behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't mean all random for everything done, the more you do in the pits the more time it should take.
    But it shouldn't be an exact set time for what you choose to do.
    Instead a min / max time for all the different preset variables, and then do it random out from that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    There is already randomness to each action in pits, but perhaps it could be increased a bit. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the that info! :oops:
    But maybe get it increased a bit as you said, and also add some extra pit crew failures that can increase the time a lot if / when that happens. :)

Also, I read in some thread that we now have to start our engines in practise? (rarely do practise)
    But if that's the case, it would be nice if this was implemented in qualify as well.

14. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    It is in qualify too, if you have buttons mapped

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Really! :D
    Thought I had this mapped, will have to check again!.. . (maybe I remapped it when I never had to use it before)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    S3S, Man you are awesome!!
    Not only do I have to start the engine my self in practise and Qualify.
    I also managed to stall the engine after a spin out!! :eek:o_O:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    GREAT JOB WITH THE UPDATE GUYS!

Really loved the sounds and the AI behaviour (playing ADAC GT masters 2014) and general behaviour of the car. Like heppsan also love it that you have to start the engine yourself in sessions.

What I would like to see next to make the whole experience still more realistic are the following things (some of these things are also already mentioned by a few other members)
    - 1) Expand the car setup menu so that we can see/set/change tire temp, tire compound, tire pressure, fuel load
    - 2) We really need to be able to save multiple car setups per track/car
    - 3) To improve realism I think we really should have a "true to life" damage model. What i mean by this is that we should have the
    option (because i realize not everyone might like it that hardcore) to set the damage level to "hardcore" so that it reflects real life
    racing. Hit the wall too hard, your engine is toast, hit the car in front of you, your radiator might start leaking, bodywork will
    scrape your tires, your suspension might get damaged , etc... Real life proper collision damage model. All this to make the
    racing esperience as authentic as can be ( you guys are aiming to have the best racing simulator, right ;)).
    - 4) True to life pitstops. No computer take over once you enter the pits.
    - 5) Option to let the AI drive the second or first part of races with a mandatory pitstop and driver change.
    - 6) And lastly I would like to know if it would be possible to integrate telemetry reading software into the game itself.
    (Geoff Crammond's GP series had that, and it was such a big help in setting up a car properly).

So this is my (humble :rolleyes:) list of things i think would contribute into making this game the ultamate authentic racing simulator we all long for.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    A true to life damage model is prohibited both by FIA and manufucturers licensing.Everything else will be pleasantly welcomed.

19. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hi alesi27

I'm not talking about how the car looks from the outside after a colission (although if they can/are allowed to replicate that, that would be the icing on the cake :)), I'm talking about how the car handles (or doesn't handle anymore) after a colission occurs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    :oops:Then I will have to agree with you....