Bug AI issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Manfredk2, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Below is a quick test of classes that suffer a similar fate with curbs
    Red Bull Ring turn 1 is notorious so I've tested the different classes on that circuit in that corner

I tested under the following conditions
    • ai 115
    • 20 cars
    • Did 3 starts (unless specified below)
    • I started at the back and watched the cars navigate turn 1
    I recorded the rolls
    I recorded the yellow flags usually caused by cars spinning or bumping other cars out of control

I didn't get to do all the classes tonight but in summary out of the 20 classes tested; 12 were a problem

I'm curious; are you trying an ai physics solution which will automatically solve all tracks and corner problems for that class or do you have to adjust ai paths for each track? To me it looks like the ai have no suspension and hence bounce off the curbs where I could drive over them!

Anyway I hope this data helps :)

upload_2019-7-17_20-10-9.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The rolling should be fixable by adjusting the AI physics slightly so they react to curbs the same way the player cars do, worked very well on WTCR. Pathing is another issue we are looking at, but that will be more tricky.

Thanks a lot!

3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the update
    If the ai can navigate turn 1 at Red Bull Ring and Portimio-Club you will know you are on the right track (pardon the punn)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. gunner1483

gunner1483 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The WTCR AI works fine now in first corner after patch. Thank you.
    But all the other cars still spin in first corner. It would be great to get them right for a nice VLN championship

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  5. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Car: Porsche GT3 Cup
    Track: Road America
    AI: 102

In the first few laps, the AI oversteer coming out of the Kink causing them to crash. Sometimes they manage to save the slide, but they still go through there slowly.

I know it's a known issue at this point, but you really need to make the AI slower at the Carousel. This makes racing against the AI pretty much impossible with most cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that as well. And the Ai in fast corners is, as Alonso would say, 'a yoke!'

7. ValentinoTaylor

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried many car/track combos since this week's patch, but I can tell the AI improvements right away, great job!

However, I did race the Porsche GT2RS at Monza and Spa, and here's a few issues that I've had.
    - AI is too quick in Bruxelles and no-name (the corner after) and a bit out of Stavelot 2. They are a bit too cautious in Blanchimont still.
    - They take weird lines in Les Combes and sometimes crash, take too much kerb (the sausage) at the last chicane.
    Same obesrvations with other categories (Touring Classics, GTR3, WTCR 2019)

Monza:
    - AI is really quick (had to turn it down to like 95 and are still really fast) and crash in Della Roggia (2nd chicane), sometimes in Ascari. Haven't tried other cars there yet.

8. gunner1483

gunner1483 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    for now they take the karussell more outside line.

9. ValentinoTaylor

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Car: WTCR 2019
    Track: Sepang Grand Prix
    AI: 115

The AI is still slow overall, and I'm far from being a fast driver. They are better on braking than before, but still slow and clumsy in slow turns (T1/2, T4, T9, T15), and still too fast in T5 and T6.
    On the other hand, with the GTR3 cars, the AI is more balanced, yet a bit clumsy in slower corners.

Car: DTM 1992
    Track: Hockenheim Grand Prix
    AI: 106
    Too slow in the hairpin, crashing in T1 by running on the kerbs, same thing at Mercedes corner. Still unfair advantage in the last 2 corners.

10. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    wtcr2018 silverstone first corner, rolling start. AI running off track

upload_2019-12-17_23-0-55.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. nickyjj2011

nickyjj2011 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Having this issue and Suzuka is a mess with that class too although try wtcc packs they seem to work ok