FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    What about the Group C cars,are they on new physics? i have a problem with them when gearing from gear 1 to gear 2 as they slip away with a lttle too much gas on throttle.Had a little deadzone (5%) in throttle,but does not realy work.A little too much gas and woopp they go...

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So i must say i have no colision (bumping in the rear of the car in front) effect on my Thrustmaster TS-PC and it feels like there is a slight delay in the the wheel from what i feel and what i see after the update.Can't adapt to that.Very strange.Deleted the folder again,started from scratch,but does not bring back the great driving feeling i was used to.Seems something is off with Thrustmaster wheels now...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Did that day one it was out.Still no colison effects in any car...Bug?

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No collision effects anymore. so nothing to feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Ah,ok.Does it stay like that?

8. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I have deleted my user profile just to ensure I didn't have anything that may interfere with the full effects of the latest update. All with the stock settings are a matter of getting used to and with a slight increase in the bump so the images on screen match the feel in the wheel (I realize shocks of a real car would minimize this).
    The issue I am having, in particular at SPA, is the final right/left complex that is 19 and 20 where I have to turn the wheel as if I was driving it in a passenger car pulling my hands off to re grip and the when I get to the second turn just let go and let the wheel recenter as no way I could do it manually fast enough. All other turns seem to be manageable but this problem makes it impossible to drive.
    I have tried changing in car setup the degrees of rotation, as well as steering lock with minor effect.
    Rather not have to screw around too much with the settings as I like the feel and capability but would like some help please.

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Which car?

10. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I was running multi-class of P1, P2, GTE and GT3. I was driving the P2-Radical SR9 Judd #28.
    As a added note I am running an offline championship of Road America, Watkins Glen, Spa and Nurburgring. Having completed the first two with no adjustments, other than FFB muliplier, Spa was an anomaly.
    Thanks for any help @ravey1981

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't recall having to take my hands off the wheel there in any car, crossed arms is enough. I assume you are matching your real world rotation to the car rotation in game? (either automatically through wheel software or manually if you have one of the obscure DD wheels) in a P2 I'd guess the rotation would be no more than 450deg.

12. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    All settings are as Fanatec/Raceroom defined. The default rotation in the car setup is 360, I will increase to 450.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No don't change anything, i was just guessing. So if the rotation is 360 then you should never have to take your hands off for full lock. Seems like your actual wheel may not be picking up that setting for some reason. I'm not familiar with the fanatec system so I can't comment. Perhaps @Andi Goodwin could chip in?

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    For my black Momo, I set Linearity back to 100%, Minimum Force to 5% and Bump Amplification to 50%. I keep the default FFB multipliers. It roughly feels like before the patch that way (apart from the old 2D kerbs).

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help and getting @Andi Goodwin involved. Like I was saying trying to get used to new FFB so want to keep it as the developers intended to get full effect. The amount of steering input overall is greater than before (not accounting for understeer) but not to a point to where I would say unnatural, and adjusting for it is putting in the time.
    As with the Spa example I would guess that I am at 300 degree (edit) right and then all that way back and then some left to get around that last set of corners.

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like your wheel is set to 900 degrees and it's scaling the rotation so you're having to turn more than you should. If the P2 has a rotation of 360deg that means that it should be impossible not turn more than 180 right or left.

Just to add, the steering rotation should be no more than before the update. Nothing has changed there. But it seems like the game is not communicating the steering rotation as set for each car to your wheel.

Test this by setting any car in the setup menu to 180deg. Then go to track. You should only be able to turn 90 left and 90 right. If you can turn more than that then there's a problem.

Use the input meter to check that the in game rotation matches your actual wheel rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @ducman888 Have you got the "on wheel" sensitivity set to auto?

18. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Hey Paul, It is set to 900. I take it you are saying set to AUTO?
    In regards to earlier settings I cranked the steering lock to 17, but this stiffened up the wheel by quite a bit, although I was able to complete turns in question.

19. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Yes mate, try setting it to auto.

20. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Ah, yes. Much better thank you and @ravey1981 .

• Like Like x 3