GRAPHIC UPDATES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Jul 24, 2021.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Touch screen controls and performance upgrades like Need for Speed... it's like a version of Raceroom designed by Satan himself :eek:

2. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    If it generates revenue to improve the sim, I'm all for it.:)

3. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    So... GTR3 became mobile game.

But, getting back to the topic, if this is real, it looks like RaceRoom's content has been ported to UE. Possilbly by SimBin.

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    If thats Simbin's baby, then LOL, I am relieved. I would have been wondering how essentially having 2 racing titles on the same platform would fare. But I'm going to reserve judgment until this is officially announced and not full of the trappings of a joke. Nice editing BTW.

5. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It's in the video:
    Brought by SimBin / Sector3
    Developed by http://aeonsparx.com/games/

I don't know if it's SimBin UK being mentioned or the original one.
    Anyway looks like someone has already ported at least some of R3E content to UE. If the assets are shared than it could be less work with eventual engine change.

I think I'd rather they didn't switch to UE. Looks like having your own engine works better for sims.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fapricio

Fapricio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    But it has different layouts...... :rolleyes:

upload_2021-7-27_15-38-58.png upload_2021-7-27_15-40-7.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I admit I was wrong on it not being real. And I agree on having your own engine, is the way to go. Looking at AMS2 just gives me Pcars vibes... Perhaps that changed with their latest DLC, but the game screams Pcars 2. I wonder how AMS2 would look if the developers made their own engine? I know its not a trivial task, and I can see the appeal of going with an established game engine. Doing so does come with its down sides, like a new game looking and feeling like a continuation of another franchise.

On a different note, RRMobile has an interesting hook. This is from the website you shared...

"RaceRoom Mobile brings the racing simulation experience onto mobile devices to keep racing enthusiasts engaged while aiming to maintain reaction time and active memorisation of renowned courses around the world.

Players are able to conveniently access these courses and continue practicing racing fundamentals such as the optimum braking, turning, and shifting points for every turn through timed on-screen triggers."

So the mobile game is a training aid, for the simulation. Interesting...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Braeden Parrott

Braeden Parrott New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for it. If all of the tracks and car models are ported into UE4, and they can make money from that - it may bring in more revenue and broaden the audience of people that have heard about raceroom.
    Now, I'm all for the actual price of vRP being what it is, but there needs to simplify these things. Like "You can buy the entire game for $60". Having to go from one store to the next and redeem codes gets really confusing for a lot of people. I personally got two people into the game during the summer sale and I had to guide them through the vRP/Pack purchase step by step.

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to buy vRP if that's complicated. Paying from Steam wallet is more expensive, but not all that much.

The reason why it's like that is that Steam takes 30% of your payment, game publishers only get 70%. By offering you a lower price on their own website the R3E publisher makes the deal better both for you and them. How do you suggest simplifying it without any of the side having a worse deal?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Braeden Parrott

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm well aware of the reasons, maybe you should read what I wrote more carefully.
    I know how to do it. BRINGING PEOPLE IN IS DIFFICULT DUE TO THE CONVOLUTED PROCESS. I've been playing R3E for a decent amount of time.
    If I knew how to make the payment process better, I would have suggested a method for doing so. Nearly every single review mentions how difficult this process is for people who are just beginning and have attributed that to the lack of adoption by the community at large.
    Instead of asking questions of me that I just asked, why not go back and read what I wrote instead of trying to explain the reasons behind something I am already WELL AWARE OF.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should do it too?

The process is not convoluted, unless you want an extra discount. But if you want something extra it shouldn't be a surprise when you need to do something extra yourself.

12. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The great thing about R3E running on DX9 is that it's pretty friendly with low-end machines. Upgrading it would mean that people who want to have a good sim game but can't afford the hardware now can't get a chance at enjoying R3E in the same way they used to be able to enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Braeden Parrott

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I understand perfectly what you're attempting to explain, but it does not require an explanation. It's awfully weird for you to continue to mansplain something to a dude that's said he understands already, but okay, you do you.

I have no idea why you can't understand what I'm saying, only that you don't. Let me break it down into small, easily consumable sentences.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH FIGURING THE PROCESS OUT. THE PRICE OF CONTENT STOPPED ME FROM GETTING MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME AT FIRST, UNTIL I HAPPENED TO SEE A VIDEO ON PURCHASING CONTENT THROUGH RACEROOMSTORE

AS I HAD ONLY EVER BEEN ACQUAINTED WITH STEAM IN THE PAST AND WAS COMING OVER FROM A CONSOLE, THE IDEA OF REDEEMING CODES FROM ONE STORE TO ANOTHER STORE FOR DLC WAS NOT ANYTHING I'D ENCOUNTERED BEFORE AND THE REASONS FOR vRP VS CASH WERENT IMMEDIATELY CLEAR OR WELL EXPLAINED.

IN MY EXPERIENCE, IT IS DIFFICULT FOR NEW PLAYERS TO UNDERSTAND WHY PURCHASING THE CONTENT IS SO EXPENSIVE AND I HAVE NOT BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING MANY TO JOIN DUE TO THE COST INVOLVED.

PERHAPS THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER WAY TO CONFIGURE THE STORE THAT WOULD HELP TO BRING NEW PEOPLE IN.

PERHAPS IF IT WERE EASIER TO DO, MORE PEOPLE WOULD PLAY, AND THEN THERE'D BE MORE PEOPLE TO SELL THIS CONTENT TO, THEREFORE MAKING THEM MORE MONEY.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY ANSWERS FURTHER THAN THAT, BUT THAT HAS BEEN MY MAIN ISSUE WITH BRINGING NEW PEOPLE IN TO THE GAME.

DOES THAT HELP TO CLARIFY WHAT I'M SAYING?

I sure hope so.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    reduced the font size ; to big
    too angry
    too mansplaining
    etc
    etc

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I guess that's where the misunderstanding comes from.

Prices in the store look way to big, then you stumble upon a guide and realise they aren't. But at that point the idea of buying through vRP is engraved in your mind and you think that's practically the only way to do it. Instead of a moderate discount of only upto 25% or so*, which it is, you see a difference between "3-6" per item for over a hundred of items and "65" for everything.

Is that it? It's just you're putting too much on the process of buying vRP, even go as far as attribute the playerbase size to it.

* - Unless you're in the US and buy vRP at USD prices, which are the lowest.

P.S. I'm starting to think that these guides, while being helpful, also do the game a disservice by emphasizing on vRP a bit too much.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Now I wonder how it could be improved and made as simple as possible. Signing up to Raceroomstore with your Steam account? Buying on Raceroomstore without signing up and then putting in a link to your profile where these vRP should go?

17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That's not exactly true. I don't know if anyone has hardware that wouldn't benefit from dx upgrade. Dx 11 iRacing run better on my old core2duo with 8 gigs of ddr2 and gt1030. I had around 80fps while r3e barely run 40 I low settings.

18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yupp iRacing runs on my triple with everything on at 120-165 FPS, Raceroom with everything on at 60 - 120 FPS.
    And I must say: iRacing looks way sharper and crisper than Raceroom.

Locked FPS at Maximum Monitor Hz

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Just curious. If you, by any chance, have tried lowering the graphics to reach the same 120-165 FPS in R3E too - how much worse does it look then compared to "everything on"?

20. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Not for now, but this could be an idea for the weekend.
    But the crispness as in iRacing won’t apply with this trick.