GRAPHIC UPDATES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good day, now I ask those who follow more time than me the development of this excellent SIM; how come it has such old and dated graphics ?, why have they never thought of doing a real total graphic update ?, I estimate in 2021, and the graphics are similar to that of very old titles: "Race 07 or GTR evolution", it is not possible, is there any news about it? who helps me understand, thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    They did think of it, there were some teasers from Unreal Engine 4 a few years ago but there was no update since then. I guess it's not easy to update the graphics to something more advanced, and Sector 3 has quite limited resources to do this.

Also, I launched Race 07 just yesterday and I can assure you R3E looks much, much better :D But of course it looks dated compared to ACC or Project Cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I understand and thank you, but can you reassure me? Is there a project to improve the general graphics in the future?

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I can't. All I know of, are a few screenshots and an article from like three years ago, nothing else.

5. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks, but sure they will be working on it, confirm?

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I personally can't. I've seen nothing that would confirm it will happen somewhere in the future.

7. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ok i get it hahaha, but you think they are doing it anyway, they can't leave this ugly graphics forever!

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Soon(tm)

9. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Soon ?, You give me great news, thank you

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Honestly I didn't. I thought they dropped these plans and will simply continue adding more content as usual. But after Hervé's comment I don't know what to think...

11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Soon(tm) or not....I don't know
    nobody knows;)

12. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    my take, it's not gonna happen. s3 has no motive to export all r3e content to a new engine, it will be a shitload of work for a really small gain. if we'll ever see a graphical update, it will be on a whole new game, which I don't see happening any time soon.

13. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    To me better than improved graphics or rendering if that’s the OP concern I would love day&night possibility and transition for 24hrs race as well as rain

Ala AC mods with SOL and CSP basically
    And I know about the engine being less mod friendly and all that but that would be less workload than moving from current dx9 engine I want to believe

to OP if your concerns is about a more realistic rendering do a search here for reshade
    People have done some work to create presets for this game

14. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I don't give a f*ck about grafics. Netcode, sound and physics are much more important to me. Still playing GPL and also Nascar Racing 2003, and they look much worse compared to RRRE. BTW, if you have time to look @ grafics, you're not racing...;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Graphics update for R3E doesn't only mean it will look better. More importantly, it might make night time possible or allow the game use more than one CPU core. These aren't small gains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    No. It just means we all have our own preferences.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In my humble opinion, if they do not update the graphics, or change the graphics moror, this SIM will have no future, consider that the new Windows 11 is not compatible with DIRECT 9X, so the graphics must be updated or will die, and it will become a GPL-type niche game.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a source for that? What I read was you need DX12 to run W11 but nothing about not being able to run older DX versions/programs.

19. Germano Cervini

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    the talk is this, and they will do a big graphic update like the staff of IRACING did, this shutter will become a niche game and few people, and therefore it will die

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    One thing worth mentioning is that S3 actually has a sister studio, SimBin Studios UK. They are working on... something based on the Unreal engine, but unfortunately they are also one of the most badly managed companies in sim racing, so we've only seen empty promises from them yet. BUT, the original plan was to move RaceRoom into UE as well at some unspecified point in the future. But we don't know if it ever will happen.