Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm not talking about his skill or what he says, I'm talking about what I see - and it doesn't look realistic to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bull shark Too

Bull shark Too Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I don’t care what people have to say about games. The only thing that counts is, do I like it. In case of AMS2, I can say, Yes I do. Case closed. :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Well, I can put up a video with even more incompetent driving for you so that you can jump into even worse conclusions.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Car behavior must always be realistic not matter how competent or incompetent the driver is. That's literally what a simulator is supposed to do.

I don't think an LMP on slick tires should slide so much and can be easily controlled in that slide by an incompetent driver.

5. Alistair

Alistair New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    1.5 was a long time coming but it seems to be a good positive step forward in terms of car handling. The best cars are on a par with other games and there is less hair trigger throttle effect now than in Raceroom and also less unrealistic high speed drifting on aero cars.

7. valery comper

valery comper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    continuer

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    My dear Lads!
    If I didn't have the connection between the tyre and the tarmac, if I didn't have the weight transfer in the FFB, which definitely has the DNA of rF2, would I be able to do this?
    Respectively, do you think I would be up for it?
    I've been riding rF2 and RRRE for years now.
    And believe me, Reiza hit the nail on the head with AMS" V1.5.4!
    It's awesome!
    It's fun!
    It is comprehensible!
    Ok, a bit too much grip, a bit very oversteering and slippery, but Reiza will get that right!
    You know what? I even bought the Nürburgring DLC!
    For the beautiful Südschleife!
    I have taken AMS2 to my heart!
    Reiza, keep up the good work! Just keep it up!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s a pity that Reiza are rivalling Nvidia and Microsoft in the gold standard of creating new problems and not fixing old ones every update because otherwise the driving part is a lot better. I don´t think it will ever be to everyone´s liking and some car classes work better than others but hopefully they can now dedicate more time to improving other aspects of the game like multiplayer and modding, where there is huge potential.

10. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    What did you mean with new probs?
    Graphically, AMS2 is top notch and runs great on my old 2080ti in VR.
    The physics still need some optimisation, definitely.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The ABS/TC random on off, some cars getting jolted by invisible track undulations, final gear and setups not saving or being applied, pit crew appearing on the track etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    To be honest I'd rather they get the driving sorted and then look at other bugs. I'm very impressed with the latest changes to how the cars drive and feel. I'm using the rfuktor custom FFB file and it's brilliant now. Graphically it's excellent and it runs amazingly well on my lower/mid end system.

I was massively sceptical to begin with, and it did feel like a project cars reboot but to be fair to them reiza seem to know what they are doing. AMS1 and the stockcar games that preceded it were well polished and i expect that AMS2 will also be given that treatment in time. They are obviously in it for the long run or they wouldn't be heavily investing in le mans licenses for example.

I think the future looks good for AMS2. Take the BMW E30 DTM car out for a spin and get a huge smile on your face.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  13. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Didn't checked the BMW so far.. :D

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    My favourite is still the Formula Junior. I´d say it´s one of the best cars in all racing games right now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    After a couple month i tried the AMG GT3 at Nürb GP again. Yes it feels better to throw around, slip/little slides/regaining grip feels way better than in Pcars, back then it felt very random, way overdone. Sounds of the TC is great and how it feels and when it kicks in. But for my taste still way too stiff suspensions, same with ACC. I like to watch a lot GT racing and love their slow motion clips and real cars have A LOT of movement in the body, suspension. Only iR comes very close to this. I like the attention to details in the cockpit dash like realistic design and lights for assists kicking in. Reiza also fixed a lot of limitations in replays regarding sound details that were missing and also finally the typical Madness engine bug with positive camber. The thing i wish for is that Reiza will redo the replay system, menu to get rid of this developer joke of a analog VHS player and it's limitations in a DIGITAL game...

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    There are also plenty of cars with lots of body roll and not very stiff suspension - the BMW 2002 and Mini Cooper spring to mind, as do the RX cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    And that does help in which way ? I compared GT3.

18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I just purchased this yesterday, wasn't really intending to but 70% off was to hard to resist!
    Haven't had a chance to hook up my wheel and drive it yet but upon starting it, up it took me straight back to the days of GSCE and AMS1!
    People say that RRRE is dated but I much prefer it's UI and set out to AMS2, so far not blown away, even by the graphics, but will be interesting to drive and see what all the hype is about?