News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    First, gratulation all participants.
    Today wasn't really mine, struggeled with Setup in the Qualyfing - found a solution a bit to late to improve my lap.
    Was again well prepared for race and my start was like a rocket from P10 to P6, was a bit shocked tbh.
    After this my dilema started, wanted to much and hit @Caamano during first lap and from this moment basically all was over.
    But sorry for that, was clearly my mistake!
    At least I tried to save some point(s) from way behind (P14) with sucess but overtaking on this track was so difficult.
    Furthermore I would mention my fantastic duels against @Gianfranco Giglioli and @Adam Jonas. Was very intensive racing.

I'm so disappointed about myself - nobody can imagine my feelin'. So hard to accept this race for me, because I know P5 and maybe more was possible but if you're in the traffic you tend to overdo it everytime!

Whatever, next race will come. :)

Greetings
    Jan

2. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but someone please see the last post of page 14, please

3. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I can verify that you finished 5th in front of me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Gratulation to the Podium. It was a very closed field on that tricky circuit. I am really happy to get into the Points, it was the first race without Problems with my g27. by the way, is everyone in September at the ring to watch DTM LIVE?? I am there, maybe meet ?? KEEP RACIN

5. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have to apologise because of the first lap, I almost pushed you down on the grass - to be honest, I didn't see you (we were side-by-side), so I gave you back the place 2 corners later. So I'm sorry. :)

6. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    yes bas, i finished in 8, not in 7. dont worry, maybe theres a solution for that.

7. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    First, congratulations to everyone!

Today my car was quite good, the balance was great, I had a bit of oversteer in slow corners, but apart from that it was a big improvement compared to the previous races.
    In the qualifying I finished 11th, it was really tight, so with a bit better lap I could've easily managed 7th too, but it wasn't that bad.
    And the race... I had a fast start, and with some guys crashing just behind me, I was 6th if I remember correctly. Then I had a bit too optimistic move on Mr Caamaño, he skidded during acceleration, we collided and of course we lost some precious seconds. In my opinion it was a racing accident, but I will take a look at it later. If it was my bad, I apologize.
    I gained a position with passing Mr Knatz soon, but meanwhile Domingo overtook me with a "do or die" move - I opted to not to turn in to the chicane, we would've collided - he was cocky, but that's what racing is about... :) So, the chase for 6th began - it was tough, and he made it even tougher for me... :p On one occasion he blocked me, which wasn't fair, but luckily I was able to find my way through on the outside of him in the chicane some laps later. In the latter part of the race, he couldn't attack me, but he made a decent effort. I finished 6th, which makes me pleased. Congratulations to the TOP 3, their pace was amazing! :) And well done Domingo, you forced me to be on the edge, see you next time too! ;)

8. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Furthermore, this game still needs a HUGE improvment, especially the netcode. Sorry to say that, but it's pretty ridiculous how bad was the performance on this track. @Sébastien Degraeve and @Dirk Knatz have good pings usually, but sometimes their pings goes up to 400+ ms, and it was unplayable for me. (I was behind Dirk when I noticed this lag, which resulted me almost a spin.)

Thirdly, Jakub Charkot was a ghost for me all race long - I saw his name on the timesheet, but I couldn't see him! (And yes, he was in less then a second compared to me.) It's pretty annoying, because at Moscow Raceway, after a pretty good start a GHOST knocked me out, and I had to re-start from the last position.

I don't know who handled the chat at Twitch, but somebody told me the problem should be with my system...Well, right now I'm using only a 20 Mbit internet connection, but 2 months ago I used a 5x times faster (100 Mbit), and had the same high ping issue (yes, only at the Nürburgring!!!!!).

9. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So.. this was the most intensive race i ever had in this championship... Was very difficult the qualifying because we were all very close! 8th in practice and 8th in qualifying... This made me think that with a good start, I could earn many positions... and instead I made one of the worst starts of my life! from P8 to P15 in the first corner, I had lost everything that I had built in qualifying! then I started to climb position but in this track is very difficult to overtake so once I took the ninth place, there remained. before I had too much gap, Knatz had my same pace so was impossible to approach and behind I had all the time, a pit bull to be tamed hahahaha. really @Jan Stange that was a very clean and great battle for the 9th position, fantastic, this is racing! as in Moscow here I had to save points, but i really enjoy the race and also the streaming! See you at Spielberg my favourite track ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OscarHardwick

OscarHardwick Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    So that was an interesting debut in this series.

I got the password pretty much as qualifying started so was trying to guess a setup for lower grip levels in the race as best I could. Managed 9th in Q but my head wasn't in the game and I should have been 4th with a hooked up lap. In the race it was a case of avoid the crashes for the first two laps and then hit my marks for 25 minutes or so. Nothing that classed as a mistake and I was slowly catching up to 3rd and comfortable pace wise in 4th.

I'll be honest it all went much better than expected. I started well and raced without error. I'll never be a @Jackthelad but to get another Brit somewhere half decent on the results was a nice feeling. Maybe we can all do this again :D

Cheers for the racing.

Oscar.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jan Stange

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Haha, how enjoyful and encouraged words @Gianfranco Giglioli after this race. Had a big smile in my face now. :)
    "Tamed pitbull" - you need a star for this, flatter me so much. Of course, sometimes my braking points lookin' damn crazy but it runs well, you steal always in turn 2 away, because of my setup I can't drive you lines.
    Anyway was a great experience independently from our result to race against each other. We took nearly everywhere different lines and braking points but on an amazing way set nearly same laptimes.
    As I said, was for everybody again a big win in terms of racing expertise.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I usually have no problem with my ADSL.I noticed that it wasn't fluid throughout the race.I lacked power in my acceleration pedal.I didn't fight with other players not to ruin their race.

13. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

It wasn't me.On this screenshot,the ghost of Jakub was present on some corners of the track.In the circle, it's me.

14. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Race is up on YouTube:

• Like Like x 7
  15. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    That was two, seperate stuff what I wrote. When I saw that you had high ping, you drove in front of Denis Emelyanenko.

When I saw that Dirk started to lag (or maybe just the game, idk), I drove in the 9th or 10th place.

When I was very back of the pack, I couldn't see Jakub (I was around 15th place at that time).

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yes these ping jumps are really strange and in some cases hardly to explain and btw. doing a DTM 14 SP Championship atm I noticed that some cars have a kinda "ghost-flicker" as well (in singleplay ? - without issues fortunately) and at several occasions a pack of cars just freezes as if having extreme lag or sth. - really weird...(saw it via replay)...

17. OscarHardwick

OscarHardwick Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have the result file from last nights race?

Mine is showing everyone as a non-start. I guess as I hit continue instead of exit after the race. :(

18. OscarHardwick

OscarHardwick Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Some highlights :

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jan Stange

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    From my point of view there wasn't any noticeable lag from everybody during the race.
    In my opinion the netcode is incredible good, don't know any comparable with this quality.
    For sure it isn't that easy to get different countries with individual internet connections perfect together but I estimate a few optimizations will following step by step.

20. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    On the replay,I have no connection problems(lag, disappearance....)as Jakub,Dirk or Akos.

P17 Lap8
    In front of you,Jakub don't touch the ground.
    [​IMG]

P15 Lap11
    [​IMG]
    I let you pass me.

Jakub and me have the same livery.On live video,I apparently have no problem of lag.

How do you do to see ping of the players?