News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The pack was very tight once again, which made things really enjoyable in the qualifying. It was brilliant.
    The race was a bit tougher. First, I'd like to apologize to @Gianfranco Giglioli for the collision in the first corner, I couldn't avoid the accident. I reckon you had a slow down penalty and I had no time to react...:( so after a promising start I found myself in the middle of the pack. I followed @Rella closely until he made a mistake and @Yoann Josselin took @Adam Jonas out. It was quite freaky.:eek: Everyone seemed to be very agressive around me, on some occasions I felt some guys went beyond the limit, for exampke Klaus Schulze in Turn 2, when he made a do or die overtake on me, coming from at least 4 car lenghts behind, while I was trying to overtake Yoann. It was a bit too brave, but racing's for tough guys, isn't it? :D Later we had some nice battles, I served a slow down penalty though, which ruined my chances for a better finish, but it was my bad of course. After I had overtaken Yoann and Ralf I had a calm race, which was strange after the very intense first 20 minutes... :D
    On the whole it was a great race, congrats to @Tim Heinemann, @Akos Kemeny and @Jackthelad! And some guys should chill out and focus more, because all of us like ballsy racing, but we aren't alone on track. :)
    I'll miss the next two races and after September I won't participate in any races due to school (I'll be in the dormitory on Mondays)... :( See you on Norisring!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen again a player, which this time was Domingo Caamano. And I don't think it is a problem with my system, or with Domingo's system.

3. Erik Werner

Erik Werner New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tim.
    Nervermind. It wasv ery fair to stay behind and also blocking some other cars :D

PS: finally first time top 10, after a heat issue in my first try and an engine issue at my second

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Haha, how ironcially - noticed same issue with Caamano in last part of the race. Only he disappeared suddenly for me.

5. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Good race overall !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Had the same. At the end I had Caamano and Giglioli in front of me but saw just one car.

7. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    But the interesting stuff is I had the same issue last time at Nürburgring with Jakub Charkot, and at Moscow, a 'ghost' knocked me out at the first lap. :eek:

8. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Caamano was invisible for me too

9. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    still no VIP guest guys though.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Well, yeah, that hit is still a big pain in my @ss...Maybe Yoann will blame me I braked earlier then it shoud be. Yes, I braked earlier, but with much less intensity then I used to - that means, I rolled my car until the turn with less brake. He was 1 seconds behind me (I took a look at the broadcast record), and then bang, he bombed me from the back. If you read this Yoann, I don't know what the heck you wanted to do on that situation, but as I saw, if you saw a little place, you just put your car into, and it didn't matter with anything else... (One lap earlier, you almost punched me off at the turn just before the start of the 3rd sector.)

And for others: some of you just driving like ummm...how should I say? Lap 1 was a great example for this. There's many smokes in front of you, some cars got the slow-down penalty, but you just speed up and drive through the field like nothing happened in front of you.

For the organisers: time to re-think this 'slow-down penalty', because it's much more dangerous than useful. The T1 at this track is pretty fast and narrow, so I bet many guys in front of me didn't want to 'cheat' with taking the wider line. But it resulted that the penalty made bigger trouble than it should be...

Not to read only cry and whine from me :D : my race was good, better than I thought - in spite of the T2 turn incident with Yoann. P11 is decent, but I'm a bit disappointed, because I think I could easily finish in the top10. Maybe next time. :) (Or maybe not. :D :p )

11. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My race was a disaster, but i just want to say that is horrible that slow down penalty, in the first corner there was a massacre... Me and many drivers compromise his own race. The penalty sistem need to change, sorry but a warning for the first two times and a drive trough for the third time when a driver go over the track limits can be made?? or a penalty time for the end of the race?? Please this sistem is uncorrect at the moment, i crashed at the first corner (FIRST CORNER) when is normal to do mistakes, 4-5 drivers go over the track limits for the first time and then all get a slow down penalty, this issue create a big crash!
    Then when i was in battle with Stange, he get off the track, get the slow down penalty, he returned on the track and me that I was stuck behind, I could not avoid it, another crash! Penalty sistem need to change to produce a safety and enjoyable race! Please guys, developers take these tips, this is the best championship i ever participate, and this issues displease... Greetings

12. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Quite a disaster qualifying and race for me.. The only good lap I was doing, I ruined it going wide at the last two corners.. Start on P5, not a brilliant start, but in the first corner I had a slow down and then hit from behind in the straight.. o_O At that point I think I was 11th or worse and after a good recovery and a stressful race I arrived on 4th position, the best I could do after that awful start.. Sad because I had the pace to fight for the podium, but at least I had some good fights with lots of overtakings :)
    P.S. I agree with Jan, that slow downs ruin the races.. Personally but also Tim in front of me I think, we couldn't do anything different if not go wide to avoid collisions.. ( with Andre Santos for me, who took the position with a decided manouvre but perfectly executed by him):)
    And of course congrats to the guys on the podium! See you on Hockenheim!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I think two things should be done, some tracks have this runoff at T1 - RBR, Moscow and Lauzitsring to name a few and on certain tracks, the cutting rules should be disabled as there is always going to be contact somewhere in the field such is the close nature of the field in this and some people are going to get penalties through no fault of their own and secondly, when a car does have a slow down, that car should turn into a ghost for several seconds until back up to full speed, on Gran Turismo this is the case and is absolutely ideal for such a situation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    From my perspective the approach is good with the slow downs but could need a bit of refinement to a more intelligent evaluation of the race situation in the future. Usually we don't have mandatory pitstops where the driver could be punished by staying for example 2 secs longer in the pits so I have not really a much better idea than the slowdown. The slowdown could come in slower or a warning at the first time like in real life could be sufficient. But we should stick to get real and shouldn't ghost the car. Such situations also occur in real life like at Jamie Green in the last race who couldn't change gears any more. Most of the players should know the track limits by now and when you are close to expect one. In these situations I would expect that the punished driver doesn't try to keep his position but in the virtual championship I think we are all fair enough to clear the fast lane. Furthermore I think some more people have to accept that 5 cars in one corner is one car too much ;) All in all I think ghosting cars or deactivating the rule for the first corner(s) would be exploited. Just my humble opinion.

15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Race is now up on YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. Akos Kemeny

Akos Kemeny Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I had no problems with the Slow-Down Penalties, but they are a bit unneccesary. Nobody runs out that much wide here in turn 1, as he would with the penalty. But for example in turn 8, the last corner, we could go out till the green and also a little bit to the blue part, way of the track, but no penalties at all. Next track is Hockenheim, we can only extend the track limits,and gain time in turn 1, so i think it's not neccesary to have the penalty system in on that track. It could also cause collisions in lap 1, turn 1, because it's much tighter than on the RBR. Sooo yeah, that's my opinion about it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Sadly I couldnt participate due to work and lag concentration, but watched the stream afterwards. To the commentator: DRS is not availible in the last 5-7min.. Thats why we cant use it..
    @Akos Kemeny The slowdowns have already caused a collision on Hockenheim in turn 1 in the first race here in the DTM Cup. There was a fight between 2nd-6th Position. And the first 2 got a slowdown, which causes a roadblock. I was right on the tail of P4, so I couldnt see it and btw the penalties are shown up way too late for other Drivers. So all in all I crashed right into them and fell back to P10..

18. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    any idea how could I access ALL laptimes set during the last multiplayer race? Is it possible?

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Btw, who is that commenting on the RBR video, is that you Georg?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  20. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Would remark that I'm always interested to comment on a race if I'm not take part by myself.
    Really like this kind of challenge.