Windows 10 performance with RRE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, May 11, 2015.

1. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I owe you a massive thank you. Its fixed Raceroom for me along with a few titles. Real shame MS dont include it in the Win 10 download.

Again a huge thank you for your help X X X

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yeah same problem. MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner statistics don't want to work with the R3E anymore :(

Is there any solution for that? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If you are just after FPS to be shown ingame then try this http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/cortex/game-booster

4. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    thank you for your help @nizpon but I am still wondering why is it not working with the R3E anymore. Is it a problem with the MSI or R3E not well made for the Win10...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody succed using R3E with 3 screens and Windows 10 with Nvidia surround ?

6. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have triples running RRE in Win10, only problem sofar is the 59hz problem I am trying to sort out now.

7. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Which Nvidia driver version do you use ?
    Are you using fullscreen ?

I am frustrated because it works with every sims (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, pcars) but not with R3E !

8. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    This is what I get with a new installation of Windows 10 / Nvidia drivers 353.62 (or less) / R3E on a 3 screens config :
    [​IMG]
    The screen on the left doesn't show a correct picture :
    [​IMG]
    I tried to delete/edit profil, change frequency (59 or 60 Hz), fullscreen or not...

Last config tested :
    [​IMG]

Everything works fine with pcars, assetto corsa or iracing !
    Assetto corsa for example :
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have the latest 353.62 WHQL and RRE settings 5760x1080 59Hz, Full Screen, Sync Vert and Fov @1

10. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Btw: Nice setup dude! ;)

11. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanks ! Too bad I can not enjoy it 100% yet with R3E...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Nipzon, if and when you are able to get 120/144hz refresh sorted or there is an Nvidia driver that corrects this would you please let us know? I'm waiting to upgrade and don't want to do it if this is still an issue.
    Thank you
    Bailey

• Like Like x 1
  13. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    New installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 today with only Nvidia 353.62 WHQL and RRE settings 5760x1080 59Hz, Windows, Sync Vert.

In Windows I use 5880x1080 and I can only play in window mode at 5760x1080. In fullscreen or in Windows mode at 5880x1080, I have a black screen. The cursor is fine (R3E version and not Windows's one) but the picture isn't.

14. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Good news !
    Indeed, I finally found what was wrong: in surround mode, SLI wasn't properly activated with R3E, which had the effect of disturbing the screen connected to the second graphics card when the full screen was activated.
    To remedy this, simply apply the following settings in the profile Race Room with Nvidia Inspector:
    SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_TWO
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR2
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2
    SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
  16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the info on win 10. you've convinced me and my son not to install it on our systems.;)
    I don't have the time or desire to sort out all the potential problems.o_O

17. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    There are so many of us that have had a test drive for Windows 10 then went through the upgrade stage which is like one step away from no return. Then a fresh install which is a process in itself but in the end really felt it to be worth it.
    I did not keep a record of the fps's of each game but I am sure they are higher, these games feel smoother. I still cannot turn settings up too much but one game sure looks better with default settings than before.
    I do agree with you gregoryleo, it is a mission but I think well worth it. Win7 game me about 40G spare on my SSD where Win10 gives me 70G+ spare. plus I noticed the local retailer selling Win10 Pro for $269 which made me smile.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I just updated to 10 from 8.1 - Absolutely no issues so far. I'm on a i5-4690k/AMD 290x rig.

First game i fired up was R3E - Tried Shanghai, which ran silky smooth on my normal settings!! I'm impressed. Have not tried other tracks but Shanghai was the problem child before and it's WAY, WAY better performance wise. Will post back again once I try a few more things. I think this instance was more of a bug fix than a true performance gain, but either way it looks great and the end result is way better performance - again impressive, next test will be ETS2!

• Like Like x 2
  19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think I'll wait a while :)

Good luck getting it sorted

20. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I upgraded my 8.1 to 10 yesterday evening and have no big issues. With R3E, I needed to fiddle with the config file to get Nvidia Surround resolutions working. I also feel that in general, Nvidia drivers have some issues still. The start menu appears on the left monitor, but this can be remedied with Display Fusion. With it, it still starts to open the menu to the left monitor, but soon pops to center monitor where it should be. Start menu bug is a well known issue with Nvidia drivers and correct behaviour is in a to-do list of DF patches also. It took Nvidia a long time to correct exactly the same Start-menu problem back in Win 7 days, so I hope that either DF or Nvidia themselves patch this quickly this time (preferably Nvidia of course).

Scaling works also somewhat strangely blurring certain text on screen, but this also can be remedied. Again, I believe it is a driver issue. I have found no performance problems or other deal brakers after the upgrade so far. I probably delete windows.old today, if everything seems OK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1