News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    For sure I felt your irony, Adam. ;)

Generally you're correct but sometimes it's very difficult to estimate some situations. As you said all the participating drivers are very fast but some are a bit unexperienced at door to door racing. I've done simracing around 10 years but I learn always something and analyze races. It's important to learn lessons and recognize your own mistakes.
    Nobody is perfect!

2. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My view about the race:

Q: My best qualifying perfomance so far, P6 on the grid with a decent lap, but the times were very close as usual.
    R: I had an average start, but I managed to turn inside in T1, I was P5 or so... after that @Domingo Caamano overtook me in the last corner, coming from nowhere, so I had to choose: to wait until he slides into me and takes the position, or he takes both of us out of the race. I chose the lesser of two evils. :D Man, be more cautious, your moves in the first few laps shouldn't be "do or die" overtakes. Later I had some fight with the guys around me, which was great. Of course there were some minor collisions, especially in T1, some guys had troubles with braking :) Gradually I made my way to P4, where I stayed in the last 10 minutes. My pace was quite okay, but eventually I ran out of time. Congratulations to everyone, especially to @Davide Toccaceli @Jackthelad and @bastoner97! See you next week!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Domingo

Domingo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

0:53. You lost your rear when I was already cleanly ahead of you and bumped into me.

3:12 T1 Nurburgring. Remember this? I do, it cost me 3 positions and getting stuck behind you all the race.

4. Domingo

Domingo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It was a nice fight and I was really surprised by your exemplary behaviour after our touch, thank you! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Domingo, nice to hear something from you. No problem, was self-evident for me. ;)
    Must admit that I was a bit frustrated after our Nurburgring first lap touch where I lost much but I said myself "forget it Jan" and let's do clean racing. After my analyze it was a bit optimistic at Nurburgring from me but I accepted it and for sure in that moment you're angry. Hope to meet you next time back on track!

6. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Guys, what happened with the point tables in the TA Championship? Right now I have less points then before, lol. o_O

7. Stipe Ljubic

Stipe Ljubic Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Same here :(

8. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    "Only the 9 best results will contribute to the championship ranking"!!!

[​IMG]

You took part in 10 rounds.The worst result doesn't count in the ranking.

9. Erik Werner

Erik Werner New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thats no explanation, because it is still impossible to have less points after the 10th event than after the 9th event.
    Just think about it.

They obviously changed the points system

10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Yesterday evening I saw my points at Round 6 & Round 7 was around ~990. Right now it's "just" around ~920.

11. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Or here's another example:

At midnight, when I did a lap on the Round 12, my gap to Willy was 0.547 s. (Willy's time: 1:30.877, mine: 1:31.424)

And the system at midnight wrote that my predicted point is 994. Which you can count like this:

(Pole time (in seconds) / Your time (in seconds) * 1000 = your points

In the past few weeks, the system calculated the points like this. Now it calculates very different.

P.s: I just checked the PDFs on the dtm-experience.com/en/blog/ site, and the tables contain the same points as in the game.raceroom.com website. So it looks like the system didn't count the points currently until that point.

12. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Still no VIP's yet....

Also as Nick B has made no comment on here about the incident on monday, can I assume that he will not be allowed to race at Moscow due to intentional wrecking?.

If he did not see me then he should be on here explaning himself atleast.

13. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    It´s racing season. You can expect that there will be no real driver during the racing season. In winter yes but not now.

14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I don't think real drivers will be fast enough with he current downshift abuse. But its getting fixed in the next update so maybe then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Kelvin and Bruno would be always fast enough to qualify for the top20 ;) Just check the DTM Spring Cup with DTM'14.

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Kelvin was "complaining" (I say it lightly because he new a fix was coming) about it in the physics livestream.

17. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    With all due respect,the players who get 990 points be counted on the fingers of one hand.......When you noticed the number of points,there was an error in the classification.

18. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    *Round 11 Moscow
    I received the invitation today.
    I confirm my participation in this race.
    car: Audi RS 5 DTM Adrien Tambay #27
    driver: Sébastien Degraeve

19. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I received an e-mail today, I'm not sure that my gmail work, so I'm here to write that I will participate in the race.
    Deni Kremer

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Just checking, you guys are replying to that invitation by email, right? Or are they saying you need to confirm here in the forum?

Or it's just to be safe in case the email doesn't reach them?