News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hi all! I'm really happy for this victory, but honestly I have to admit that Jack really deserved to win, he simply did an amazing qualifying, he was first also without the laptiming bug, in the race he took a little gap during the fight between Tim and me, but after that we had the same rhythm or he was slightly faster than me, I really was in some moments over my limits, then again lags came to ruin the race, completely invisible.. :(
    Suddenly I found myself 1st without knowing how, and honestly again I wanted to give him back the position, but I couldn't know exactly where he was, once the gap was close, then 6 seconds, then 3 etc..
    "Zusammenfassend" (I don't know in english, summaring? :rolleyes: ) I'm really happy but I understand Jack's mood, throwing away a fantastic victory is terrible.
    Really congrats then to Gianmarco, two italians on the podium, we have avenged the misfortune of Ferrari of yesterday's race :D

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    well obviously he knew I was there, observe -

And I have a good fast stable internet connection and I've never had any problems anywhere before on other games.

Yeah sorry for what I put but it was tongue and cheek even though I was angry :p.

3. Money_Den_777

Money_Den_777 Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    As it has appeared it cost us two positions ahead:(. But okay. Anyway, I was pleased with the race.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Hmm yeah in the replay it looks stable, but the car of the other one didn´t moved quite a bit so I think at the point he turned in you was invisible for him.

5. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Maybe but he moved to the left and lifted to let me by then turned right again into my rear. If I was invisible why would he do that?.
    Would he not be using the normal racing line?

6. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, at this moment I tought "Damn, that would have been two positions!" But anyways, things happen.

7. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to take position, but Jack don't be angry with me now, I was behind you and enough close to judge the crash.. I haven't seen anything, maybe because I was too concentrated??.. But I haven't seen neither the smoke of the crash, nothing of nothing.. I discovered to be 1st only finished the lap.. Only for a while you were again visible, and exactly when I closed the gap at 1.0 sec, don't know if you remember.. Then invisible to the end for me.. But as I wrote in a previous post, I don't think it's your problem, you were stable at the beginning when we were all close and unstable when you were alone? Very strange..
    Can a replay alter really what happened?

8. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Good evening guys, first of all congrats to everybody for finishing.
    Allright, i'm really really happy with this result, i was a lot scared because i made some changes in my room and i didn't play RRE since tuesday, so i was sure that my race would be a disaster. I was playing ping pong when i realize that the practice was already started so i had to come back at home and i was like Usain Bolt, i made it in time for the quali. My first lap was quite good, 47.9 so i said "right maybe i'm strong here" and thanks to the layout that is very short i could manage to improve lap after lap, and i made a fantastic 4th place.
    Immediately i had some pain in turn 1, i realize that i was going too late on the brakes and of course i locked up, and i was like "damn i'm going into the championship leader, i will make chaos" but luckily i just bumped him, so nothing happen. I could stay with the fast guys for like 3-4 laps and then Tim broke down. I managed to get 47.3-47.7 for the entire race without pushing too much, because i always make some mistakes in race when i'm making good, i feel the pressure a lot :p.
    Bence was catching me but the checkered flag was out and second podium of the season! Good to have 2 italians on the podium and good to have 3 different manufactures on the podium as well!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

From your own replay the footage is probably not going to show the amount of lag others are seeing. I don't really comment on races per say but I can state that on our end of the connection your car was literally all over the track, jumping here and there, even climbing the walls at points.

10. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    There are already several threads in this forum regarding the lag issue. I'm quite sure the lapped driver didn't see Jack at all. In the replay one can see, that there is a touch and the lapped car isn't influenced at all by the contact, while Jack is turned around immediately. I have had the exact same symptoms, when this happens to me online. And to me it happens all the time, reason why it doesn't make sense to compete in the championship or even drive online at all in the current state of the game. I haven't had any problems in other sims aswell.

I've asked drivers after the race, if they didn't see me and the answers were always that I was invisible most of the time or lagging terribly. There's even a video from Georg Ortner somewhere in the forum, where this can be seen...

Multiplayer is still in Alpha, so these things can happen. I don't see any solution right now, besides not competing online and waiting for a patch that fixes the issues. The only thing one can hold against S3S is that they already started this huge championship with the multiplayer obvisouly not being finished and that there hasn't been one word regarding this issue dispite several threads about it for quite some time now.

If you look at past races you'll notice that this issue happened to a few people, not only Jack, and it had an impact on the races of quite a few participiants.

11. Pablo Lopez

Pablo Lopez Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    For those who are interested in it here is the Track preview from Norisring with Julian Kunze

• Like Like x 2
  13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I watched the stream live and am sorry to say Jack but you were blinking like a beacon for the last third of the race, shame as you had it in the bag. If you only get this problem on this game then there must be a conflict between yourself and S3's server, do you use a VPN or have any software running in the background? when you just join a normal server on multiplayer alpha do you still get the same problems?

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    LMAO, all been there!!

15. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    Race is up on YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Finally my race is up on YouTube too, after I tryed it three times...

By mistake my water bottle is in the webcam view. :/

• Like Like x 3
  17. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Nice video Moritz! :)

Btw seriously, why everybody wanted to win the race in the first corner and in the first lap?!

18. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    An easy answer @Adam Jonas. The most driver know how difficult it will be to gain some positions during the race. So you should use very effective first laps, because if you come back as e.g. P15 after first lap points are really difficult to reach but with a good start sometimes you can got more points as expected. Felt it as in Oschersleben where the race went like "the real one" sorted grid after first lap and no many further overtaking moves. ;-)

19. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, in over 9 years of simracing that has never happend to me on the 1st lap of a league race :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Feel the irony in my post. ;)

Btw, this is not clever racing some guys do here... I do simracing more then 8 years now, and I experienced many times that it's well worth to brake a little bit earlier then later - because you probably lost sometimes 2 or 3 places right after the start, but in T1, if you usually avoid from the trouble, it will results you can won more positions, which lead you will have a better positions than before the starts.

And the most dangerous thing is, if somebody is fast, then he/she believes that he/she is a good driver...The difference between fast and good drivers is good drivers is always 1 or 2 steps ahead in a racing situation than the fast driver. ;) And, I don't want to offend or criticise anybody here, but some of you are just fast drivers. And this is why happens these accidents from week to week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1