Released Formula RaceRoom 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Midoritaka

Midoritaka New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Glad to see it's been released. Even though I haven't actually bought it just yet, I've already tested it out and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Now I can't wait to actually get it. :D

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Got it now, and did first laps. I think its superb. Usually I suck at formula racing, and so I do here, things happen jjst a bit too fast for me :D , but driving the cars is so much more fun to me than in other F1 titles over the past 20 years. I'm also stunned that the AI can handle the open wheels close to close in the first lap so well. My first training laps were at Spa, but I then did two short races at Monza and Nürburgring - and no collisions. Driver errors led to three cars or so spinning out all by themselves, but - no collisions or harakiri manouvers.

This car rocks the house. I do not care whether it is more or less realisstic, I have no clue. It simply rocks.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    First impression is....naaaah.
    It really doesn´t feel like a formula car. It rather feels like a very light GT3 car with formula chassi.
    Accelerate is very slow and so is the brake but a Formula car shoud have a massive acceleration and a very short braking range.

Especially in the turns you feel it is more a light GT3 car as a Formula.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I was really looking forward to this car for a long time now. And im really not dissepointed, I love it! So thanks Sector 3 for a great car in time for christmas, even though...I fear that this car means that there won't be much time for christmas for me this year :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Managed to bag a cheeky 10 minute blat round Spa and I think it's the absolute *nuts*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Will the pack be available on Steam too? Just like the TT Cup was sold on Steam?

Having TT Cup on Steam is a great initiative for people like me who stayed in a third world country that has poor exchange rate to Euro.

7. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Man i love it ! I just bought the Formula RaceRoom2 Car + Spa and it already feels fantastic, amazing and stunning. the speed u get in the turns are nuts and im rly looking forward to own the nordschleife with it. Got faster and faster each round and now i wanna buy a new graphic card tomorrow so i can play it all at High Res with alot other cars. holy shit, this DLC made my day and now i want a bigger screen for sure rly fast =)))

Great work sector3 Team !! Thanks alot for this awesome experience ! Trying to break the record on spa tonight, lets see how many other ppl will try that too !! Thx alot !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    X-Mas is aborted for me, racing time now for the next 5 days !! ^__^

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Really can't understand how you could be disappointed with this. I think it's a real thrill :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    This is amazing ;_;

This is just the ammount of money I had left on my steam wallet, I just got FR2. Waiting for some stuff to be done installing, then it's race day all day!

11. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    well ive revised my opinion a bit. ..not a fun car (imo) but i think it achieved what it meant to. i realized how similar it is, at least superficially, to the dw12, & it handles, accelerates, grips, & tops out (at least in a basic MDF setting) similarly enough...and since the racing line at spa came very naturally to me with the F2, i could apply them directly to the dw12 in iR (which frankly has a ton more depth, but i think thats expected) & pick up a lot of time.

all in all nice car, probably too tame for some.

12. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I think the pack is reasonably priced and bought it. Only tested the car at Spa so far and i like it.

I don't think the test drive option gives the best impression of the car. I tried it and the car was much improved once i bought it tweaked the steering settings and car setup to my liking.

Racing the AI is exciting, on 115% difficult they posed a good challenge. Whilst the car is pretty easy to drive on the standard settings by yourself adjusting the aero balance and ARBs can give a much more challenging experience. Also try following an AI car in the high speed corners, Eau Rouge for example, and you will notice how much less downforce you have and how twitchy the car gets.

Overall a good job on this car, it feels like a step below an F1 car to drive and that is what it is.

13. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have to say, i was earlier giving praise on well done progress but man.. store... i can't get no VRPs to buy anything, i need to go a website that does NOT come up as #1 in google search, register since i haven't been there before and then... What?

Guys guys guys, make the ingame store working, asap!! Releasing content that buyer is not able to purchase with as few clicks as possible is most important. Fanboys will go and sit on an ants nest for three hours, casual and most importantly, new customer will not, he says "f this" and moves on.

This is my experience:
    I'm excited, i'm gonna buy this without trying even.
    Click on buy, chekcout. Reasonable amount of confirmations needed, good, cats can't buy cars in r3e.
    Ingame store page hangs after pressing "confirm purchase".
    Apparently i need to get VRP. launch the game again. Press vrp.
    Popup comes "you can get VRP"
    Where?
    Ok, google..
    After visiting forum threads, apparently i need to find a page. Good, forum has the link.
    I need to register? Hmm, do i have a login? Nope, i got every login info saved from simbin coffeemachine days.
    Weird.. well, let's check ingame what is the account i'm using. I got two main ones, my own name and my main alias that i use. Werid, i can't get that info ingame but i'm obviously logged in.. weird..
    What now?
    I go and seek help from RD and come complaining about it here.
    I'm left without RR2 pack. I can probably go and test drive, don't really feel like it. Don't really know if i want to play the game today.

Honest feedback. Fix the store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    do it in game to buy via steam. u dont need to use the rr store for vrp.

15. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Afraid I think it's 2 since Formula RR 1 was in Race ON. So effectely this is the second generation. But we can always dream of some bigger bader, V10 machines....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't work, it gets stuck on "confirmation". I got steam wallet, and everything allright from that side. I'll try yet another relaunch, if it now starts working... edit: nope. stuck on confirmation, got a nice rotating "wait" icon and nothing happens...

17. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure the devs have confirmed there will be three open wheel classes for R3E and that this is the intermediate class.

18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    thats not racerooms problem then is it, its steam. good thing there is an non steam alternative just register for the raceroom store buy some vrp and u will be emailed a code.

19. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Just bought the new F1 pack. It took 20 minutes to purchase the credits on Steam for something that should have taken less than a minute. Damn Steam sales :)

20. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So I bought one car(when the pack did not work) and now I want to use that car in the competition on the new track. But when I push launch event then the game want me to buy a new FR2 livery, and I cant start with the car I have now...